Έλληνες Ιδιοκτήτες S2000 / Greek S2000 Owners Official Forum of Greek S2000 Owners. Greek Lovers are in great passion with the S2000!

Hey-o! Back again, story continues... :)

Old 10-15-2015, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey-o! Back again, story continues... :)

Hey again mates

So yeh, another year goes by. You may remember last year I poked my head in again to say I was looking at another S, well the little lady soon put a stop to that, she decided that there was no way she would let me have another 2 seater since we have 2 beautiful daughters and that was that. Ase to oti she has a giant volvo jeep, anyway...

I started looking for Evos after that, she insisted it was a 10, cos 'ta 9 einai kagourika', and I couldn't find one in my budget, but I was prepared to wait.

So one day I'm on car.gr looking to see if there are any new Evos, and I got frustrated. I plugged in all the things I wanted from a car '300hp+, 4wd, 4 seats, etc', and an interesting car popped up...an e92 (it has 4 seats, who cares if it doesn't have 4 doors!) BMW 335xi. 320hp 4wd 3.0 twin turbo. Wife and I loved it, and after some negotiation I bought it for 23k with only 50.000 genuine kms. Amazing deal on an amazing car; the original owner, a captain of petrol tankers, had paid something like 80 grand for it in 2008, and fitted an Akrapovic exhaust as well as KW v3 suspension (still new when I bought the car), and some nasty fake Schnitzer wheels. I soon sorted the wheels with some gnisia bbs ch-r, wrapped them in 235 and 275 Michelin Pilot Super Sports and the car was perfect. All went well for 6 months, then on the 14th of August, it was stolen from outside our summer house in Kokkino Limanaki, Rafina. I was pretty gutted at the time (I'd just spent 4 grand on wheels and tires 60 days earlier), but I was fully insured (I'll get paid on the 14th of December allegedly), and it gave me the opportunity to have another rethink about what I would get next and how I could get another S2k, slowly, a plan formed...

Here's a pic of the Beamer before we move on... (sigh....)

Yeh I'm going to miss it, never mind...

So since I needed something to get around in, I just yesterday agreed to buy a high mileage mini cooper S (early model, 2002), which is going to become a project for me. Hey, it has 4 seats and the little lady is happy! So the mini only cost me a few grand, and I've still got the insurance to come, so...

I'm going to get another S!

I have approval this time...well, she's not too pleased, but she agreed she can't say anything, since I'll have the mini as well.

So of course I'm back to ask the community about a car I saw and of course, suggestions if anyone knows any good cars on the go right now.

My criteria are only that it has less than 100k kms and doesn't cost me more than 12 grand (hey, I'm gonna need money for the supercharger and all the rest of the mods... )

Any potential seller has to bear in mind I won't be able to close the deal until after the middle of december when I get the insurance money, but I assure them I am absolutely serious and if a deal is reached, I will go through with it in December.

Here's the ad I'm looking at, does anyone know anything about this car? Looks so good, would love to know more...

http://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/view/6899589/

Can't wait to get back into this community, been on any nice trips lately?

I think it was Local_s that once said to me after I sold my last S that I would be back. Good call, my heart has been yearning for another since that day.

filakia, Jonathan.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:11 AM

Welcome back Jonathan! Nice to see you write and surely nice to hear that youll be back like Swarchenegger was.
Well ironically Local doesnt own a S2000 anymore but still a Honda fan with a Civic TypeR I think!

Car looks good but dont fall for the AP2 look. Have a good look at it as I am sure you will anyway. I came across this one too yesterday. Looks good again but quite far.

Anyway, its would be nice too see you again and have a chat when you get your new S2k or earlier.

P.S. Really sad to hear that the BMW was stollen. WHAT A FANTASTIC CAR it is!
Old 10-16-2015, 07:57 AM

Hey Ed, how funny! My next car after the S was a Type R (ep3 naturally)...Kept it for 3 years after the S until I sold it in December last year to get the Beamer. It had a lot of kms but it drove great. I kinda miss it, but the mini has 200hp so should be slightly quicker for my FWD fix. I would have got another type R, but I figure Tsipras is gonna shaft me hard with two 2 liter cars, at least the mini is only 1.6, hopefully the new taxes for owners of more than one car won't be too harsh. Still, It will take a lot to reach the some 3700 a year I was paying just to have the BMW in the garage (including insurance at a grand a year full mikth), I figure a 1.6 and a 2 liter together won't reach that. We'll see.

Holy moly that blue one looks good. What do you do when it's that far away? How could I get it inspected? How long does the ferry take? Might do it if it's worth it...
Old 10-17-2015, 04:14 AM

If its worth it you should go anywhere. But as you said... Where can you have it inspected without going to Crete and being sure the inspection is right and as it should be? Dont know!

See if any of the s2k guys from Crete can help, if there is anyone left here.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to see you back here mate. Too bad they stole your car.

I think the S2000 is love at first sight and forever man.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eddiex
Where can you have it inspected without going to Crete and being sure the inspection is right and as it should be? Dont know!

See if any of the s2k guys from Crete can help, if there is anyone left here.

Hey guys, I recently bought an S2k and I was researching the local market (Switzerland) and the greek one since there are many good bargains down south.

I had "marked" three cars I wanted to check up on before I ended up buying one locally, and I was having the logistics problem of having checks done before I see the car personally.

I found https://www.spotmechanic.gr/ which seems like an honest deal and they seem to be able to cover Crete as well.

Anyway, good luck with finding a good one. From what I see there are lot of cars in the market, but many have quite optimistic Km reads on the odo...
Be careful and kali tyxi
Old 10-25-2015, 09:21 AM

The one in Crete it's not worth the trouble guys. I checked it two weeks ago (2nd day he uploaded the ad), since I was looking for an s2k for some time. The car must have over 200k km in reality, judjing by the worn interior and the general condition. It has serious imperfections in bodywork, torn softtop, rust in some spots inside paint and old tyres, 2006 production time (though they were installed recently). The seller just knows how to photoshoot his car.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:11 AM

Thanks for the heads up Tony and Don.

I decided I have to be strong and stop myself from looking until I've got the money in my hand, imagine if I put down 500 bucks for someone to keep it for me until December, and then something went wrong with the insurance money. Disaster. So, gonna hold out for the one that I want, which if I were to put all my criteria down would be the following...

White paint, less than 100k kms, but not too bothered about higher if the car is really good, I'd really like to have a ready fitted supercharger, but I'm budgeting 5 grand for a second hand setup including labour if I buy a stock one.

Then I'll go with ASM wide fenders and ASM front bumper (gonna be Shine, I'm afraid, maybe over the years they'll get replaced slowly with genuine ones, but for now, I'm not ashamed), ASM wide rear bumper and ASM style over fenders, which I will have blended completely. Will then blend the stock Honda duckbill spoiler to the trunk, Fit some black 17x9 +38 RPF1s with 245 rubber all around and rock a black hardtop in winter. Ah, good times...
Old 12-07-2015, 05:48 AM

Bored bored bored. Just thought I'd mention a strange coincidence I just noticed. My car history since arriving in Greece has been to do everything two by two...

My first car in Greece was a Mk2 Golf GTi, followed by a Mk4 16v Polo. 2 Volkswagens in a row

My next car was the S2000, shortly followed by Civic Type R. 2 Hondas in a row

My next car was a BMW 335xi, followed by a Mini Cooper S. 2 BMWs in a row.

Next up is my next S2000, so the one after that needs to be a Honda as well. That should work out fine. I'll keep the mini and the s2k for a few years, then I'll get a new NSX.

Total coincidence, none of these decisions was conscious. Don't bother asking for those 5 minutes of your life back, I ate them.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by foxy_s2k
Don't bother asking for those 5 minutes of your life back, I ate them.
hahahaha... I also think that NSX will do the job just fine!

Quick Reply: Hey-o! Back again, story continues... :)