Έλληνες Ιδιοκτήτες S2000 / Greek S2000 Owners Official Forum of Greek S2000 Owners. Greek Lovers are in great passion with the S2000!

Hey-o! Back again, story continues... :)

Old 12-16-2015, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the search going?
Old 12-16-2015, 03:16 AM

The search is effectively over! I want Johny's car. I'm begging him to hold on to it as long as he can until my insurance pays me. I'm hoping its a done deal as long as I can come up with the money in the next couple of weeks, but I can't give a deposit yet, just in case something tragic happens. I'm so nervous about losing the car, I think about nothing else. They were supposed to pay yesterday, but of course there are delays. They will tell me on Friday precisely when I'm going to be paid. Eleos.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:19 AM

Wonderful car you have chosen! Congrats!
Old 12-17-2015, 12:05 AM

Thanks man.

Santa baby, stick a stuka under the tree... for me.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good choice man. If you don't want to lose the car, you should give him a deposit then.

So, what did they told you on Friday?
Old 12-21-2015, 04:27 AM

I already gave a deposit on Thursday . Not taking the risk of losing it. It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine...

So yeh, insurance...assholes...giving me the run around of course (I expected it). They had said they'd PAY ("tha plurotheite" mou eipan) me on 14 Dekembri.

Sabbato 12 Dekembriou, I sent an email to my insurance broker saying that everything was ready on my end. Gave her the papers and the keys on the 14th. The next day (6 days ago) she says, ok I gave the papers, now we wait. I was like 'what? you said I'd be paid on the 14th!', and she said 'no, I didn't say you'd get paid on the 14th, I said the 14th was the earliest possible date that you MIGHT be paid'. Bullshit of course, she said 'Tha plurwtheite 14 dekembri', that was back in August.

She then tells me she should have news for me on Friday (Friday the 18th). This is where we were at last time I posted...

So...She calls me on Friday the 18th and says 'the papers have gone to 'symboulio'' (had to look that one up, some kind of committee) for checking and we will have news on Wednesday the 23rd. Of course if that news is good, that doesn't leave me long to get paid this year cos of holidays. Opote, I'm not expecting it this year. Big problem, I owe my mother 7 grand. :/

I'm annoyed, but not surprised. My deposit with Gianni has bought me grace until the 15th of January, I sincerely hope everything is sorted out by then.

I know there are many people wanting parts off this car if and when I take delivery, so I can say with certainty from now that I will be selling the J's hood, and there is a high probability I will sell the Volks as well, not because I don't like them (though I must say I don't 'love' them), but because rims are very personal and I have a clear vision of how I want this car to ultimately look. I'll most likely (I've pretty much decided) put Enkei RPF1s in white. IMO, they are the best looking wheel on the car, and they are also fractionally lighter than the Volks too.

I'll be looking immediately for the aforementioned RPF1s, a decent exhaust and a hardtop, then later, I'll be looking at the ASM aero parts, probably the semi-wide-body, with front wings and rear over fenders, as well as IS design front and rear bumpers. I am then toying with the idea of a J's racing low mount 3d wing, but that will have to be last, as you need an aggressive looking car to pull it off, or its just rice. No power mods planned at this time, supercharger plans shelved for the time being, maybe in the future. we'll see.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish you best of luck with your story Foxy! Sorry to hear all that fuss...
Old 12-21-2015, 04:45 AM

Thanks Tony, I never expected it to be easy...I think I'm safe to have it by the 15th Jan and Gianni is a great guy, we got on really well, so I'm sure he'll be a little extra understanding if need be.

Thanks Gianni by the way, you da man!!
Old 07-13-2016, 12:35 AM

Well well, I'm reminded of the Greek saying that when you make plans, God laughs...

Don't know if any of you have heard anything further on this story, but this is how it went...

I never did get any money from the insurance, until today!

The BMW was worth about 27k on the day of the theft, and was insured for 25 (I deliberately undervalued it to avoid insurance problems). They initially offered me 12000 euros. yeh, I know. WTF?

After getting over the initial shock and realising that they were serious, I put my lawyer on the case. We went back and forth over 5 times, and they never increased their offer even one euro. 5 times they offered just 12k, less than half the value of the car. They also refused to justify why they were offering so little for the car ("our experts say you can get such a car for 15k with doseis, so we offer 12 cash" was all they ever said). Eventually after 3 months of arguing, sending them evidence and getting 'to poulo', I had no choice but to start legal proceedings.

But wait! From the beginning of January 2016, there was a legal strike! No cases were being seen and I couldn't even get the agogh out. I was starting to get a bit stressed, as the insurance company are having their own issues and I started to think that they would disappear before I saw any money. Anyway, luckily (pfff), in mid June, the strike finished and my agogh was processed and I was very lucky to be given a court date in October. I thought it would take much longer than that.

Anyway, 2 weeks later my lawyer gets a call, they want to talk. After initially offering 15 (we laughed again), they offered 18. So now we were getting closer to an acceptable amount. I decided at this point that the minimum I would accept would be 19 (me to zori, this means I lost over 6000 in 6 months, ase tis beltiwseis). My lawyer worked on them for a few days and I settled for 19 and some change.

2 things I learned... 1) look after your cars, no matter how good your insurance is you're in for a 'fun' time if you need to make a claim, and 2) Only use huge multinational insurance companies. Interamerican only for me from now on.

So, once again the car hunt begins. I had considered a Porsche Boxster, but the wife isn't keen, so here I am back again looking for an exceptional s2k. I exchanged a couple of messages with Gianni, he still has his car, but now he doesn't want to sell it!!! Can't say I blame him.

So, as before, if anyone knows any good cars hanging about, let me know. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2016, 05:31 AM

wow Foxy.

It sounds like you eventually had a good turn of things with this case.

I wondered if they would give more if you pushed more with the lawyer.

Good luck with finding a new S. Unfortunately i dont know of any good ones up for sale at the moment.

Quick Reply: Hey-o! Back again, story continues... :)