Γενικά Θέματα εκτός S2000 For all Off Topic posts

Coming to Athens next march

Old 10-17-2011, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coming to Athens next march

Hey guys,
First of all hello from Socal! Me and my frined are gonna be on vacation in Athens and the surrounding area next march and we we're wondering where is good to stay/whats good to eat/see/do and if there is anything we should know.

I guess this is why the I in S2KI is so great.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 10-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Community Organizer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Tyler,

First of all hello from Athens

1) About where to stay depends on how much you want to spend per night. There are cheap and expensive hotels. Depends how much luxury you and your friend want
2) Where to eat... there are many places in the center of Athens and the surrounding area. This is something you won't find any problem to locate. We can propose some places depending on the area
3)You can see Acropolis,Monastiraki, city center, Glyfada, as places in Athens and surround area and many more. Metro can take you anywhere

We can also meet one day to go out together.

Greetings from Greece
Chris
Old 10-18-2011, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Metro can take anywhere Chris if there are no strikes!

Dear Tyler its nice of you to want to visit our NOT ANYMORE so wonderful country but... I would recommend you have a look at the news about Greece. If there is nothing said on the news thought, I'll tell you a bit of what is happening over here.

Financially our country is bankrupt. There are strikes everyday making transportation in the city a huge problem. Dustbin men have been on strike for nearly 3 weeks now so Athens smells like dog poop. Most of the days Acropolis is closed due to protesting citizens. Taxi drivers are also most of days on strike making Airport transport hell for all of us. Most of the days Syntagma Square is full of citizens and masked rioters fighting against the police making Athens center a war zone.

Even the way "we" treat tourists is disgusting wanting to do only the same thing our Government does to us. Ripe you off.

You may thing "Why the hell is he saying all this to me? Doesn't he want the tourism at a time like this?" Well, I'm as Greek as it gets, but things over here are not worth it and its not a nice scene to see and remember. And I really don't thing you will enjoy it.

There is nothing to see anymore in country that I am disgusted of. I wouldn't encourage you to come over unless you come Summer time and go to an island where things are a bit better and see our lovely beaches and bitches. (Joking)

If you still want to come over after all, we would love to arrange a S2k meeting for you and take you and your friend out for a nice souvlaki and beer!

Thats all folks! Love Ninja!

Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 AM

Oh, and by then (next march) we will probably be at war with turkey so don't book the tickets from now
Old 10-18-2011, 06:42 PM

Oh great. Stupid politics ruin everything. Well I'll definatly keep you guys posted, and if I do end up coming, I'd be happy to meet a few of you guys/gals.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:14 PM

So I am coming in early march, and I was wondering what you guys had in the way of cheap domestic airlines? Most of the stuff I'm seeing are big companies, and are super expensive for short flights.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by skylinrcr01
So I am coming in early march, and I was wondering what you guys had in the way of cheap domestic airlines? Most of the stuff I'm seeing are big companies, and are super expensive for short flights.
Check the following site. I think AEGEAN and OLYMPIC AIRWAYS are of the cheapest around for domestic flights

http://www.flights.gr/?gclid=CNW2mbb...OT7wnw&lang=en
Old 12-22-2011, 11:37 PM

"Cheap" is relative.
Domestic flights cost around 120-150 euros incl. return, in best cases. That is the 1/4 of the greek basic monthly salary. This is Greece.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by S2000_FUN
..AEGEAN and OLYMPIC AIRWAYS are one of the cheapest for domestic flights

http://www.flights.g...dOT7wnw&lang=en
Aegean AND olympic..both...are ONE of the cheapest? How many times it took you to pass basic math 1?
Old 12-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by blondie_s2k
Originally Posted by S2000_FUN' timestamp='1324627379' post='21258498
..AEGEAN and OLYMPIC AIRWAYS are one of the cheapest for domestic flights

http://www.flights.g...dOT7wnw&lang=en
Aegean AND olympic..both...are ONE of the cheapest? How many times it took you to pass basic math 1?

Is it better now??

Quick Reply: Coming to Athens next march