Περιοχή μόνο για μέλη Members only Greek S2000 Forum

ΚΟΝΤΡΕΣ ΠΟΥ ΑΦΟΡΟΥΝ S2000 Ι

Old 02-16-2005, 12:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face ΚΟΝΤΡΕΣ ΠΟΥ ΑΦΟΡΟΥΝ S2000 Ι

You can post here your Street Encounters and share opinions from your recent unexpected races and not only!

And this is what happened to me last night. It was the first time that I had to face two Audi's S3 . I know there are completely different cars in many obvious ways but I was very curious to see how my S2000 will perform against them especially on turns since so far every S3 that I have seen is backing up!

The challenge was set by them Well actually one of them was so hot about it so while driving back home to Voula from Pireas (Paraliaki Ave at old airport) on a normal rate of speed , he stick his bumber close to my rear (bumper ). I didnt react on his challenge so on the next traffic lights we lined up all three of us. Again I have not accept his challenge so the S3 next to me launches his car while the other S3 and I looked at him smiling. Besides in the front of the traffic lights the railways of the tram/train are there and I didnt want to damage my 18" wheels.

As I start to speed up a little I go next to his S3 together with the second S3 and now we are lined up while moving. He starts to speed up! "Thats enough" I say to myself, I want tolerate such a behaviour! The challenge is accepted . My S2000 overtakes him and the next left turn (Old Deilina location) is awaiting for all of us. This is when I think, "Now lets see what you can do!". I took the turn on 185kmh=115mph (the rubbing on my fenders was enormous) and the S3 backed up there like a chicken and start to speed up in order to catch me (he must be joking). We lined up sometime later (me and only one S) and this time I said "I will teach him a lesson" since the route has straights and turns! I dont want to describe anything more than that. He gave up after a while and we ended up at the traffic lights close to my home. We both opened the windows and gave him a smile telling him that he should go to MTM ( www.mtm-online.de ) and then come back again.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool post!

I used to drive an Audi TT 225 (which is pretty similar to the S3) and although it's a great car on its own Audi's weight is always a problem. The S2000 is so light compared to German cars that usually it'll come ahead primarily in the twisties!

Be safe!
Old 02-16-2005, 03:06 PM

What are the penalties for in Greece?
Old 02-16-2005, 11:38 PM
VAG

RACER Penalties are severe from hefty fine and points in your driving license to removal of number plates and loss of driving licince for a year depending on the level of the offence!! It does not matter though! Everybody is doing it, is like a national sport VIVERE PERICLOSAMENTE!!!!

VAG
Old 02-17-2005, 12:23 AM

"VIVERE PERICLOSAMENTE!!!!"

Somebody throw me a freaking bone here! A translation will be nice.

Regarding our unofficial races its a national sport like VAG said but I never encourage them to take place. I would prefer to race on a track than on the streets, but sometimes it is so tempting!

As for offences, you can get fined, removal of driving license etc, just like VAG mentioned before.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:48 AM
VAG

VIVERE PERICOLOSAMENTE = LIVING DANGEROUSLY

I don't promote street races as well, they can turn out very dangerous if you or the other racer(s) don't know what they are doing or how to lose!! Having said that when they ocassionaly occur I enjoy them!! But nothing compares to a day track, where for just 40 EUROS U can enjoy safely and learn the limits and behaviour of Ur car (Energetic why don't U post some of mine and Panagiotispa pics at Megara?? it will be nice to have!!)

VAG
Old 02-17-2005, 01:26 AM

Here are the photos VAG.

Drifting in progress!

Anyone wants some slick tires?

VAG I remember you said that the S2000 its hard to drift. I believe you have change you mind now. Check also VAG's video!
Old 02-17-2005, 04:34 AM
VAG

My friend, S2K IS hard to drift, the reason being that its suspension and overall setting (stisimo) is brilliant!!!! The car has the tendency to correct itself and is designed to negotiate turns really fast and efficiently, hence its unwillingnes to drift!! The only thing that can unsettle its setting is the poor roadholding condition of our roads (especially after a rain) and in this case with unpredictable results!! In the race track however you have the opportunity to abuse the car and the luxury to spin it in the course of such abuse hence the beatifull drifts in picture and video format!!! The rear tires speak the truth!!!

VAG
Old 02-17-2005, 04:50 AM

I understand completely VAG and one day on a later stage we will arrange a Track Day for the S2000 only. Then everybody will have the opportunity to discover the real S2000 abilities!

Anyway back to the topic now. Did you had any Street Encounters lately?
Old 02-20-2005, 12:32 PM

Nice vid!
Had an s3 right up my rear end friday night at lagonisi. He was no maniac... no risk taking was done. We had a civilized battle right up to agia marina.... but when the turns starting sweeping i lost him by 1km by the time i got to barkiza.

I agree its dangerous and the track is ideal... its roadkill in athems. But sometimes you get carried away.
As long as you keep your wits about you and know when to let your foot off the gas you can get away with a few spins. Anything more and youe asking for trouble...

Quick Reply: ΚΟΝΤΡΕΣ ΠΟΥ ΑΦΟΡΟΥΝ S2000 Ι