Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Barber Track Days

Old 08-07-2014, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you had a good time!
I wanted to visit but I ran out out of weekend!
Old 11-05-2014, 05:59 AM

FYI
Registration is open and we have slots still available!

Come play!

Dates 12/13/14 - 12/14/14
Location Barber Motorsports Park
Registrar Tiffanyr.alexander@gmail.com
Old 11-14-2014, 08:47 AM

I'm there this year Garry!
Old 11-14-2014, 07:11 PM

Awesome!
Old 12-14-2014, 04:22 PM

What a great weekend for an event! Cool temps early but warmed up and was perfect.
Car worked very well with the Ohlins and RS3's, better than expected!
Next AL PCA event in March 2015, come play!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:01 AM

Next one is open for registration!

Event March 7th-8th
Location Barber Motorsports Park
Registrar Tiffanyr.alexander@gmail.com
Old 01-16-2015, 06:15 AM

I hear quite a lot, that many drivers would like to try a Track Day but do not have the money or they do not want to hurt the car or I am uncomfortable on track..... and or would like help the first couple of sessions........lots of different comments.

Last Decembers event, the local Porsche Club of America, Alabama Region added a Drivers Experience program, it was a HUGE success! So much so we are doing it again at the March 7th-8th event. We hope this will help someone that was not wanting to commit to an entire day or weekend get an idea and be able to mark this off their bucket list.

The event provides Experienced PCA certified instructors for both classroom and on track experiences to help a potential new student make a decision as to if a HPDE (high performance driving experience) is something they want to do going forward. The cost is $100 and is limited to 18 people. It is Saturday only and typically ends by mid day.

The contact for details is: Tiffanyr.alexander@gmail.com

Here is the posting for more details.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

We had such great feedback on the DE Experience during the December Event we decided to have it available for our March Event as well !
So for all you regulars that are ready to get on the track ; just register as usual.

If you or someone you know may be interested in learning more about doing a DE we have "The HPDE Experience" it's for folks new to the track world. So if you have a friend or family member interested, please, pass this info along. For $100 you get introduced to the HPDE world by being a part of the events of the day (Saturday only). Which includes attendance at the drivers meeting, 2 classroom sessions, 1 on-track session riding with an instructor, in the instructors car (this is at reduced pace, below highway speeds); and 1 on-track session that you will drive your own car, with your instructors guidance (reduced pace, no helmets). Participants registered for the HPDE experience will also get one of our coveted, long-sleeve, event t-shirts included in the registration cost and invitation to our Saturday Night Social on March 7th. Registration for the "DE experience" will be limited to 15 participants. All registrants must be 18 or older.
Kick off those Winter Blues and lets get the year started right!!

Log on to ClubRegistration.net, under Performance Driving School. Register for the full event or the DE experience and come join us for some fantastic track time and fellowship. Hope to see you there. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Thank You,
Tiffany Alexander
Alabama Region PCA
Driver's Education Chairman
tiffanyr.alexander@gmail.com
Old 03-02-2015, 01:08 PM

Weather is looking GREAT for this weekend!....could change any minute tho.....
Anyone that is interested in seeing what a track day is all about this would be a good weekend!
Old 03-12-2015, 07:11 AM

What a great weekend for a track day!

We had cool mornings that kept me off track for the first session, I like to get some heat in the track but after that it was perfect! The RS-3's did very well after half a lap....much better than in the wet!

We had two other S2000's from Miss that were doing great! One had a very nice NFR with a Kraftworks SC kit that was very clean. The other one was a stock yellow.

Next event in in June on Fathers Day weekend, hope you can make it!

Garry
Old 05-17-2015, 10:05 AM

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Hello from South Florida!!!!
Im planning a bucket list trip to Barber for the fall.
Oct 31st- Nov 1st NASA Mid South Championship Weekend.

I came across this post doing some research into different groups that host track days at Barber. NASA is a trusted event organizer here in Florida and Im an HPDE instructor with the group. Should I consider PCA for my trip? Are there any pointers you can give me for my first trip to Barber? Where can I get a Birmingham Blister made just right?

Quick Reply: Barber Track Days