Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

OFFICIAL Announcement 2016 ALGP. April 22-24

Old 01-20-2016, 07:54 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down OFFICIAL Announcement 2016 ALGP. April 22-24

ALGP dates April 22-24

I have reached out to Zoom/Barber/INDY to confirm there desire for the S2000 group to participate in the opening ceremonies for the 2016 Race.

I am awaiting that conformation that for 2016 nothing has changed in there planning of the event;
And will start discussions on Window stickers for the 2016 event.

During my out brief for 2015 Zoom/Barber/INDY express there desire to have us come back in 2016 and for as long as the event is run at Barber motorsports park.

Therefore the SIGN UP LIST for
ALGP 2016
WILL GO LIVE on
FEBUARY 1st at noon CST.<<< take note that is 12 noon CST/ALABAMA time!!!

More exact details will be provided in that sign up list in FEBRUARY.
NO OTHER "sign up list" will be official.
To get into this event you MUST sign up via S2ki Alabama forum.
going to say that again
To get into this event you MUST sign up via S2ki Alabama forum.

There will be a 2016 ALGP FB page also created but again YOU MUST SIGN UP VIA S2Ki

Not calling out anyone specifically but Zoom and company did notice some "sub par" < there words s2k's that were in our group last year.
As a group we have always striven to bring the "cleanest" and most "pristine" cars to this event.
Some years we have let the requirements be a little lax to ensure we had a full set of 30 s2ks.
Even though we strive to bring 30 cars usually not every car may be used on race day. If that occurs I ask the veterans to this event to give up there spot to allow a rookie to get this experience.
Or if it becomes necessary;use the order in which you signed up to make the call on who gets on track and who does not;
and as a last resort make the call on which car I see as higher quality and matches the spirit of this event. While I usually have that ultimate responsibility on my shoulder to make that call if it becomes necessary; there have been times where Zoom has come over and asked me to not allow a specific car on track.

Body mods are permitted but must be done in a tasteful manner and will need to be confirmed by me or one of the area captains. We had a situation last year; where I got pictures to confirm a car and everything look good; however seeing the car in person there were significant repairs done to the car that were obvious and were not completed by a professional therefore it was necessary for me to not allow that car on track. This event is a big deal, bigger than any one car/owner; the cars are televised and as an official group for this event you are representing INDY/Zoom/ and Barber and they demand the highest quality and respect.

1) cars must be washed waxed and buffed to a show room shine ( granted older/ DD s2ks will not look as good as a garage queen but I think you guys get my point. small rock chips are expected on DD s2ks but don't show up with major pain peeling off or quarter sized spots where paint is missing)

2) paint color must match ( no obvious mismatched color between parts)

3) Any repairs must be unnoticeable ( no obvious bondo/ parts held on by zip ties, glued on with RTV, ect

4) interior must facilitate and INDY driver+ other official guests ( meaning near stock interior INDY driver normally sits on the secret compartment during the parade lap)

5) If you are a CR or HT only car you must be able/willing to remove your hard tops at the track on race day. HT are safe in the car coral I stay in the car coral while you guys are on track.

6) IF you are going to be new to this event it is MANDATORY that you attend the Saturday night dinner ( more info later). While things seem simple to me after having organized this event so many years your first year as a rookie to this event can be overwhelming; especially if you have never been on a race track in the craziness that is race day.

Hotel info: when the list goes live when you sign up please indicate you need for a hotel room.
The idea is to stay at the same place we did last year

I try and make this event as fun as I can for the group; but this event has a very serious side and is major business/$$ for INDY/ZOOM/BARBER.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im so ready for this event!!
Old 01-20-2016, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet! I'll actually have a half decent car this year to come out haha
Old 02-01-2016, 07:24 AM

im hovering over the send button for sign up Cmon 12:01
Old 02-18-2016, 12:02 PM

So I see the dates are the 22nd-24th with the mandatory dinner being the night of the 23rd. Do most people show up early am on the 23rd and stay in the hotel that evening and leave the 24th, or do most come up Friday and stay both nights? Are there events going on Friday, and how early or late should anyone potentially arrive Friday? Thanks for the info. Looking forward to meeting everyone and checking out the rides!
Old 02-24-2016, 07:39 PM

Are there any openings left?
Old 03-07-2016, 05:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Any Facebook page made for this yet? Want to make sure I'm not missing out on any updates. It's getting close!
Old 03-10-2016, 09:00 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

WE ARE officially GOOD TO GO for ALGP this year.

Just got the official call form Barber this morning. took a while for them to get back with me..
sent them an email at the end of January to get official position on 2016 participation.....
Old 03-10-2016, 06:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any news on decals? I always felt like the car was faster with them

Thanks again Mark, let me know if I can help in any way.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YES !

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Announcement 2016 ALGP. April 22-24