Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

2016 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Old 05-17-2016, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2016 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

OFFICIAL S2KI@PVGP INFORMATION

It's that time again... PITTSBURGH VINTAGE GRAND PRIX! Here are the details. I'll update this post if anything changes.

Registration

Registration is now open for the event. The cost is $35.00 per car. Read below first, then click here: Register!

IMPORTANT: On the second page of the registration process, you must enter "S2KI Allegheny S2000 Owners Club" in the Car Club Affiliation field. That's the only way for the PVGP people to know how much space to reserve for us. You'll get an email confirmation, but nothing will be sent to you in the mail and you don't need to bring any paperwork to the event. They'll have your information at the gate when you arrive. Post up here after you've registered so that I can add you to the attendee list!

The organizers have asked that we all register by July 7th (I know the site says July 14th, but we're special) so they have time to map out the different club areas. I'll post a reminder a couple of days before then. Just to be clear, there are no refunds and the event is rain or shine. Also, if you absolutely can't preregister, you can pay at the gate on Saturday ($40 instead of $35). However, there's a possibility that there won't be enough room for you to park in our designated S2KI area, so I recommend preregistering.

Caravan and Arrival

The main event for us will take place on Saturday, July 16th. The gates open at 9:30am. Walt (cilocar) and I will be there waiting to direct you to our area and line up the cars. Caravanning in is the best way to streamline the arrival process. If everyone could get there at the same time, or at least in a couple of groups, it would be much easier to get everyone parked. As we get closer to the event, I'll post information about a caravan meeting spot. It will most likely be the same place as last year, but I need to confirm that nothing has changed. You definitely don't have to caravan in. If you're preregistered and you've posted here that you're coming, we'll save a spot for you. I would still suggest getting there as early as possible though, just in case the other roadsters get anxious and start creeping into our territory.

I know some of you are planning on going both days (myself included), but on Sunday you can come whenever you want. No caravan necessary. Sundays are much less crowded, so even though we won't have a special blocked off section, you'll probably be able to park together anyway.

Lunch, etc.

You can bring a picnic lunch if you'd like or you can buy food there. The food for sale is county fair style - think Italian sausage sandwiches and funnel cakes sold from a trailer. This is a BYOB event, if you're into that kind of thing. We've been approved to put up a pop-up tent (just one - I'll bring it) for shade, probably up near the tree line where we were hanging out last year. I recommend bringing lawn chairs, sunscreen, and plenty of water. It gets hot out there! And of course, wear comfy shoes.

Here's some additional info about the PVGP rules and such: General Event Information

Hotel Suggestions

For those travelling from out of town for this event, I have two hotel suggestions:

Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - McCandless, PA (a few bucks more than the Hampton, but it's new and in a cooler location)
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh - McKnight Rd.

These hotels aren't the closest hotels to the event, but they are the closest hotels to my house, which will serve as a home base throughout the weekend. I'm happy to give hotel suggestions for other parts of Pittsburgh - just send me a PM.

If you're new or want to relive the memories, here are the threads from previous years:
S2KI@PVGP 2015
S2KI@PVGP 2014

That should be everything! Please let me know if you have any questions at all. I'M EXCITED! 3RD ANNUAL!!

1. mmoore9700
2. akalyptos22
3. fredh5062
4. bgibbs678
5. paterjim
6. Ag2002
7. cilocar
8. Driveaholic
9. StreetOne
10. consynx
11. blondienirvana 1
12. blondienirvana 2
13. DrjS2k
14. Race Car Dave
Old 05-17-2016, 10:01 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm registered!
Old 05-17-2016, 10:03 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Pretty sure we're in again this year. Last year was awesome.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:38 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Pretty sure we're in again this year. Last year was awesome.
Awesome Sam!
Old 05-18-2016, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Registered! Can't wait!

-Taso
Old 05-18-2016, 06:24 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by akalyptos22
Registered! Can't wait!

-Taso
See you in 2 weeks at the Dragon!
Old 05-18-2016, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmoore9700
Originally Posted by akalyptos22' timestamp='1463577244' post='23969959
Registered! Can't wait!

-Taso
See you in 2 weeks at the Dragon!
DEFINITELY can't wait for that! Started prepping the car last night. New Super Sport front tires, replaced engine, trans, diff, clutch, and brake fluids, and the cabin and engine air filters. Super excited!
Old 05-18-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are in Philly area that weekend for a wedding . Boo
Old 05-18-2016, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2000Beers
We are in Philly area that weekend for a wedding . Boo
Noooooooo!!!
Old 05-18-2016, 06:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to go but after just putting the CR lip and new splitter on...I'm scared of a repeat of the old lip protector!! haha! But for real, we'll get registered after we get back from the dragon

Quick Reply: 2016 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix