Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Commercial Posting Policy

Old 11-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Commercial Posting Policy

A commercial post is an advertisement for a business or individual acting as a business, promoting themselves or offering for sale a product or service appearing in user posted content including but not limited to forum messages, signatures, private messages and public profile information. If you put it on this site then it's user posted content.

Selling anything, be it for your business or self, is not permitted, see "The Rules", with the following exceptions:

1) Active members may sell personal property in the For Sale/Classified Marketplace forum(s);

2) Active Sponsors may promote their business or products in any forum but may only make unsolicited offers for retail sales in the Marketplace Sponsor's forums set aside for that use. Only Sponsors can offer Group Buys.

3) Advertising for events (bills) in any forum are permitted on the condition they are not too spammy. Spamminess TBD by the forum Moderators.

Sponsors are considered Members so they can post whatever Members can.

Other arrangements are possible. Please contact sales@s2ki.com to discuss your proposal.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

the policy is for the main forums. communities are run by CO's. If the CO's decide to allow commercial posting or services for members they may do so.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ask them; they will tell you; you will know.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cthree
Actually, its the community organizer that is soliciting... lol. not sure thats a good idea.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have asked the community organizers, with no response. I think the policy ought to apply to all forums or none at all.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by larrydarryldarryl
Seems to me, then, that the community organizers of each local forumm ought to be required to post those rules...
I agree. This should be a fair rule that applies to all. Why make some up to CO's?

Originally Posted by GT Motoring
Originally Posted by cthree' timestamp='1310130724' post='20759056
Actually, its the community organizer that is soliciting... lol. not sure thats a good idea.
I agree.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:02 AM
Former Moderator

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Be happy that you had the chance to build a customer base.
You were at one point part of the community but unfortunately that has slipped passed you, the last meet you showed up to was like two years ago.
At this point it isn't fair to anyone for you to continue to gain from S2Ki when nothing is given in return.

It shouldn't be a place of business, it should be a place of fun and friends, a community.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by macr88
Be happy that you had the chance to build a customer base.
You were at one point part of the community but unfortunately that has slipped passed you, the last meet you showed up to was like two years ago.
At this point it isn't fair to anyone for you to continue to gain from S2Ki when nothing is given in return.

It shouldn't be a place of business, it should be a place of fun and friends, a community.
Great way to support the sponsors who keep the board all of us love online.
In my opinion going to track days is not a way to give back to the community at all.
Innovation, customer service, knowledge willing to be shared, quality parts. Thats giving back to this community.

Comments like yours hurt it.

Oh, just in case you were unaware, the BUSINESS that is now in control of S2KI profits twelve million a year.

I am only giving my input because someone has to realize that businesses are necessary to keep THIS COMMUNITY alive and thriving. Businesses are what keep it moving forward.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Former Moderator

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMProductions
In my opinion going to track days is not a way to give back to the community at all.
Innovation, customer service, knowledge willing to be shared, quality parts. Thats giving back to this community.

Oh, just in case you were unaware, the BUSINESS that is now in control of S2KI profits twelve million a year.

I am only giving my input because someone has to realize that businesses are necessary to keep THIS COMMUNITY alive and thriving. Businesses are what keep it moving forward.
Let me know if my thought on this is incorrect, I'm definitely open to advice. I'm by no means a professional CO but I do try do what's fair.

My last comment about it not being about business is geared towards the individual communities, and that it's not fair for a non sponsor to be allowed to sell themselves especially when there already is a local forum sponsor

I'm not sure what the track day has to do with giving back

A business that isn't a sponsor and one that isn't part of the community or give anything back to it doesn't deserve to take from S2Ki especially when there's another shop who has consistently given back even before they were sponsors.

I'm not sure why anything I said would hurt? I'm all for supporting people who help S2K's, S2Ki and the community
Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by macr88
Originally Posted by JDMProductions' timestamp='1330278605' post='21452539

Let me know if my thought on this is incorrect, I'm definitely open to advice. I'm by no means a professional CO but I do try do what's fair.

My last comment about it not being about business is geared towards the individual communities, and that it's not fair for a non sponsor to be allowed to sell themselves especially when there already is a local forum sponsor

I'm not sure what the track day has to do with giving back

A business that isn't a sponsor and one that isn't part of the community or give anything back to it doesn't deserve to take from S2Ki especially when there's another shop who has consistently given back even before they were sponsors.

I'm not sure why anything I said would hurt? I'm all for supporting people who help S2K's, S2Ki and the community
Ok, I do not think your train of though is incorrect. However, I believe it is easy for one to get the notion you are anti-business on s2ki, and anti-sponsor from reading the posts on the thread up to my my initial post. The back story helps as you have you have laid it out now.

I associated a track day with the CO mentioned "not attending any meets" recently. If I took this out of context I apologize.

I wholeheartedly agree with your second to last sentence. I worked very hard to get to the point to be able to pay for a sponsorship, and support this community. It frustrates me when I see members competing with me in business with no sponsorship.

We have te same thoughts. I really appreciate you responding.

Quick Reply: Commercial Posting Policy