Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Commercial Posting Policy

Old 02-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

My appologies, I should have quoted itS2Krazy because my reply was for him. He is not a sponsor and was promoting his business, his service thread was closed a little while ago but he feels it should have remained open. This appears to have ended our friendship but I just don't see how it's fair to the other shops in the area and especially to the new local sponsor.

You're welcome and sorry for the confusion
Old 03-28-2012, 09:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by macr88
My appologies, I should have quoted itS2Krazy because my reply was for him. He is not a sponsor and was promoting his business, his service thread was closed a little while ago but he feels it should have remained open. This appears to have ended our friendship but I just don't see how it's fair to the other shops in the area and especially to the new local sponsor.

You're welcome and sorry for the confusion
itS2Krazy has given a ton of support to the community in terms of posting his knowledgeable responses to s2000 maintenance questions for many years. itS2Krazy has been treated unfairly because his shop was removed from the Bay Area California directory of shops (when literally 99% of the shops on that particular list are not paying sponsors of the site. I believe the removal of itS2Krazy's shop from the Bay Area California directory is a means of unnecessary censorship and selective filtering of the forms that serves to harm the community rather than to promote the community options for maintenance.

It is one thing to remove itS2Krazy's thread in the main forum (where he had hundreds of positive replies and feedback from satisfied customers over several years of service). It's a completely different thing to remove him from a list of possible shops to take your car if you live in this area.

This situation is fishy, and I think this issue needs to be resolved.

This is the directory I'm referring to:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/index.php...&f=18&t=728091

Furthermore, often times when a member posts a "where do I go to get ....xxx... service done", and there are lots of replies that don't include shops on our directory. The second itS2Krazy's shop is mentioned, the thread will get closed down or locked.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
This is the directory I'm referring to:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/index.php...&f=18&t=728091

I talked to Mac about this. (where is the other CO btw?).. My understanding is since we are not creating another subforum in your Community, paying members who have services that are available to the members should be allowed to list their shop on this list. Mac, correct me on this if I'm wrong. This is, again, part of the Community so the rules of the Community may differ from the general forum.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Correct
Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Based on my understanding following PMs with Mac, itS2Krazy "knows why he was deleted", but "all he needs to do is ask" to be added back to the directory. Is that correct?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by eklipz98
Based on my understanding following PMs with Mac, itS2Krazy "knows why he was deleted", but "all he needs to do is ask" to be added back to the directory. Is that correct?
Correct (what Mac said)