Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Officially Supported Browsers

Old 04-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Officially Supported Browsers

The following is a list of all browsers we support on S2KI.com. If you are using a browser that is not on this list then you should expect to experience some problems accessing and viewing this website.

Those problems can range from minor display issues to complete crap. We don't test changes to the design or the scripts on any other browsers than those listed here. Your milage may vary if you choose a different browser or version.

• Internet Explorer 8 and above
  • Firefox (Gecko) 4.0 and above
  • Safari (Webkit) 5.0 and above
  • Chrome (Webkit) 5.0 and above

Other browsers and versions may work just fine but we do not test for compatibility and cannot guarantee they work correctly.

For all browsers listed above we recommend the following settings to ensure proper operation:

Accept cookies

You will not be able to login to your account or do anything which carries from one page to the next unless cookies are enabled in your settings. You can and should disable accepting 3rd party cookies. We do not use them and they pose a security and privacy risk. It is possible to disable cookies and still view the site but only in a limited fashion. Don't expect much if you choose to disable cookies.

We use cookies to maintain a "session" for the length of your visit. We also use them to log you back in to the site automatically when you return should you choose to do that. We DO NOT use cookies to store personal or confidential information about you. Our cookies contain nothing but random generated "keys" we use to connect successive requests to our servers by your browser into a session. This is standard practice and without it the web as we know it wouldn't work.

Allow Javascript

We require your browser to run Javascript to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. Some features are only available with Javascript enabled so if you are running with it disabled you can expect limited and/or less than optimal and/or no functionality. Please make sure it is enabled. We work hard to make the site fun and efficient to use but it's all for nothing if you choose not to take advantage of it.

Javascript running in your browser cannot access files or data stored on your computer. We use it to provide a pleasant, powerful and efficient visual user interface to the site when simple HTML and CSS doesn't do what we want without additional help.

Required Plugins

We do not require any plugins (like Flash) however some linked or user contributed content may employ such plugins. The downside of not having a plugin required to view some content is not seeing the content. It will not affect your ability to use the site.

Ad Blockers

If you use an "ad blocker" browser plugin such as AdBlockPlus (ABP) or one that comes with your firewall/security package we recommend disabling it for s2ki.com. Ads help support the work we do and we depend on advertising revenue to pay the bills and ourselves. If you would rather not have advertising on the site then we encourage you to become a Gold Member which removes all of the 3rd party advertising without disrupting the proper function and layout of the site.

If you choose to employ ad-blocking software then any problems encounter while browsing the site are your own. The only fix is to disable it for s2ki.com. Blockers operate by scanning the page source for "trigger text" which indicates possible advertising and rewriting it to remove that text. Words such as "banner" or "ad" or "ads" will trip the blocker into hacking the page source with a meat cleaver to remove what it thinks is advertising, whether it is or not.

We only take responsibility for the HTML and scripts delivered from our servers, not what ends up in your browser after your inline filters have monkey'ed with it. The same applies to any other browser plugins you install and use which alter the pages and scripts as delivered from our servers. If you have problems, disable those plugins BEFORE reporting it as a problem to us.
The following users liked this post:
d1rtyc4r (03-23-2017)
Old 06-13-2011, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW in IE9, I have to run S2KI in compatibility mode otherwise the drop down menus won't work properly... Just so you're aware
Old 06-21-2011, 02:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I HATE that I can't view the full site from my iPhone. I cannot view my profile, reply to messages or view signatures among many other things. Please offer a option to view full site soon.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

^ You should be able to. At the very bottom of the mobile site, do you see a "Full Version" link? I don't have an iPhone, so I might not be seeing the same thing you see, but I'm able to toggle between the mobile and full versions on my Android.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha! Ignore me, I am a fool. I've looked and looked, but only found it when JulieU pointed it out. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by skibbz
BTW in IE9, I have to run S2KI in compatibility mode otherwise the drop down menus won't work properly... Just so you're aware
I experience this as well.
Works fine in Firefox though.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The IE9 javascript problem should be resolved and the menus and other javascript features have been tested to work on IE9 in standard IE9 viewing mode. The only known issue with IE9 right now is it not displaying the header background graphic image. That shouldn't cause any functional issues however.

If you detect of suspect other browser incompatibility issues please report them in the Site Info Forum
Old 01-21-2012, 08:36 PM

I am having issues accessing the site via Safari. This has been an ongoing problem for me for the past two weeks. I have tried on two laptops, the iPad, and my iMac, two of which use separate connections.
Anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

What is the issue? I'm reading on my iPhone, replying on iPad. Is it slow? Not loading site? Did you try clearing history?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 05:22 AM

Tapatalk forum app for the iPhone is a blessing and really cheap.