Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Post Upgrade issues

Old 03-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Post Upgrade issues

Following the software change this past weekend we have been experiencing a LOT of issues which is somewhat expected. I'm going to try to list those somewhat in the order of priority and explain what we are doing to resolve them.

Performance. It sucks big time. The web server is getting slammed to the point of unconsciousness due to some processing activity we have not identified yet. This is a major problem and it's the one we are working on immediately. Until we identify the problem I have disabled access to the site for pretty much everyone, sorry, so there is enough horsepower left in the machine to figure out what the problem is.

Private Messages. Some are missing (after Nov 23 2010). They did not get imported into the new system because they came from an old backup somehow. To fix the problem I will be reimporting all the PMs and reconverting them to the new version. This means wiping out all the PMs in the production database so we have disabled PMs until we get them reimported, later today or ASAP.

Design. The design (style) of the site is temporary, taken from a boilerplate template to save time. The design will be changed to a more familiar S2KI style once the major technical issues are fixed.

I'm sorry that things have become a little wobbly but those problems will be fixed in short order. The benefits offered by the new software will far outweigh the immediate pain of the transition (not called disruptive for nothing!) but we need your patience for a few days to get everything resolved.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:11 PM

Received 969 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by cthree
Following the software change this past weekend we have been experiencing a LOT of issues which is somewhat expected. I'm going to try to list those somewhat in the order of priority and explain what we are doing to resolve them.
At one time I ran one of the biggest BBS systems in the DC Metro area. Upgrades never go the way you expect them to go. The best advice I can give you is to shut off access and get the problems fixed. At the moment, you're losing people because of the hideously slow response time, the broken command structure and the missing pieces.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kgf3076
At one time I ran one of the biggest BBS systems in the DC Metro area. Upgrades never go the way you expect them to go.

Same, in North Florida, it's a never ending upgrade from 8086's on... good luck.. i do not like the template blue hues, it's too weak.. your addressing everything an i'm certain you'll get us all sorted out... we're here for the car... make Us proud...
Old 03-01-2011, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update. Perhaps an announcement on the main page would do some good. A lot of people don't seem to know that the performance issues and new look are temporary.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Ok glad to hear the design will be changing. Any way to have a list of the subscribed threads as the mys2ki was before? To show the recent posts there? the my content page is kinda cool but just shows any posts by me not just ones with new replies. Also don't see a way to view my subscriptions so I can bump or look at my threads I have saved. Such as fs threads and vendor ads I have.
Also the vendor banners are still not working but heard those would be fixed soon.

Very happy to see the search function is already vastly improved!! Thank you for that!!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:00 PM

It would be helpful to have the date a topic was started like the old S2KI had...just helps recognize old topics and differentiate from new ones
Old 03-01-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by cthree
Design. The design (style) of the site is temporary, taken from a boilerplate template to save time. The design will be changed to a more familiar S2KI style once the major technical issues are fixed.
So glad to hear this! I miss the old look so much, this style is way too spaced out.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the update! And keep up the good work guys!!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:32 PM

thanks for working so hard on the update for us
Old 03-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted on another thread a problem which I have been having with the search function. When I searched against my sponsor name I used to get a dozen or so threads where I would find my posts. Under the new system when I put in my sponsor name (HS2K.RLS) the engine is dropping the "." and then reporting back that it has been unable to find anything under "HS2KRLS" - that would be true!!! This must be horribly frustrating for you - for me it is even more frustrating becuase the last 2 weeks of my Sponsor membership is being adversely affected at a time in the life of my new product which is absolutely crucial. Will you be extending sponsor memberships by the amount of time it takes to get ALL the bugs sorted out? Thanks

Quick Reply: Post Upgrade issues