Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

S2KI Changes Ownership

Old 11-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default S2KI Changes Ownership

Dear S2KI Members, Guests, Sponsors and Friends,

I am pleased to announce that S2KI, the International S2000 Community, is under new management. After running S2KI for 11 years, HondaGal, krazik, Ludedude and myself have jointly sold our interests in S2KI to Internet Brands.

I have spent the past couple of months working with the new owners and they are good people who have a sincere and enthusiastic interest in not just keeping S2KI great but making it much better. They bring significant administrative and technical resources with them. Their lead Community Manager, Robb Meier (Astroboy) has been a member here for over 10 years and has deep connections to many key members of the S2KI community. He is stoked to be getting the opportunity to work with you in his new capacity on S2KI.

Little about S2KI will change. The S2KI of today is and will be the S2KI of yesterday. Robb is going to work with all the members of the community team to make sure S2KI remains as awesome and unique as it is. You will continue to see the us around the boards, but in a reduced capacity.

I'd personally like to thank all of my friends and the many members of S2KI who have come, stayed and in some cases moved on for making S2KI truly special. S2KI has been my life for over 11 years and it has shaped the lives of many of us and S2KI will continue to do so for a whole new generation of S2000 enthusiasts.

With sincere gratitude and affection,

Erik (cthree), Shelley (HondaGal), JP (Ludedude) and Rylan (krazik),
Your (former) S2KI Leadership Team
Old 11-07-2011, 08:56 AM

Received 1,106 Likes on 987 Posts

Best of luck to the 'old' owners, & congratulations to the 'new' owners!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the time and hard work you've put in.

Best of luck to the new management.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Erik, Shelley, Rylan and JP
Congratulations to you all on building such a fantastic institution over the past 11 years. You have served well and done an excellent job, sometimes in trying circumstances. Your dedication has always been second to none.

You have all been a pleasure to work with since I've been around the last 9 years I've been lucky enough to meet you all in person (except Shelley - maybe one day?) on several occasions, plus other significantly influential people involved with the site. I sincerely hope you all stick around to continue your love of the site and the one thing that keeps us all bonded together, the Honda S2000.

it's a bit emotional reading the announcement, I am sure everyone involved in S2KI will strive to keep S2KI as good as it ever has been.

And hello Robb it's nice to have you on board and we look forward to working with you.

Cheers

Ian
Old 11-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
Congratulations to you all on building such a fantastic institution over the past 11 years. You have served well and done an excellent job, sometimes in trying circumstances. Your dedication has always been second to none.

You have all been a pleasure to work with since I've been around the last 9 years I've been lucky enough to meet you all in person (except Shelley - maybe one day?) on several occasions, plus other significantly influential people involved with the site. I sincerely hope you all stick around to continue your love of the site and the one thing that keeps us all bonded together, the Honda S2000.

it's a bit emotional reading the announcement, I am sure everyone involved in S2KI will strive to keep S2KI as good as it ever has been.

And hello Robb it's nice to have you on board and we look forward to working with you.

Cheers

Ian

X2. Well said
Old 11-07-2011, 09:53 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Good luck to both current and former owners. Glad to hear that former owners will still be around.

I hope the good work done so far is kept up and hope to see this site continue and grow.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Well the nice thing I've seen from previous forums I am a member on that were part of IB buyouts is that the old owners, admins and mods usually stick around with the admins and mods retaining their board powers. Continuity can be a good thing.

Congrats on the sale.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Back-cracker
Originally Posted by AquilaEagle' timestamp='1320690975' post='21135666

Cheers

Ian

X2. Well said
x3.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They seem to be acquiring 99% of the automotive message boards (every one I'm on in fact). I'd love to see a unified platform, but I think most have been left on whatever version (of whatever app) it currently runs on.

Cool. Hope it was lucrative for the original owners/admins.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Former Moderator

Received 288 Likes on 267 Posts

It has been a pleasure working with you guys and gal :

You will be missed

Quick Reply: S2KI Changes Ownership