Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Arizona Shop/Business/Person Feedback thread...

Old 08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
3en

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona Shop/Business/Person Feedback thread...

I have been thinking about doing this for a long time, and after seeing Madhavs thread I am going to go ahead make a thread.
This thread is for posting Postive Reviews only. To keep the arguing and trash talking down, I ask that you make your own threads when you have a problem with a business/person. Also no advertising for the business you work at. If you do good work then your customers will let others know and they are free to post here. Ill start with some Reviews I have and everyone else is free to add their own. I do ask that you only submit your own personal experiences and not what you heard-

Robert/HWY88(Napa/Tempe)- Super awesome guy to get aftermarket OE replacement parts from. I buy my spark plugs and other random stuff from him! He also has mixed me up a few cans of Suzuka. I always enjoy going in and talking to him when I am down in the area and need to pick up parts.

G/jefferyg32(SOS/Tempe)- G is great to deal with at SOS. I have bought guage pods and picked up other random parts for friends down there. Always super chill and good to talk to. He has even given me a tour of the shop a few times and let me sneak back there to see the sweet projects they have going on in back.

Jeff/Fast Forward(North Phoenix)- He welded up a downpipe for me without an appointment. He just dropped what he was doing to take care of it real quick for me. I also have stopped byu to have him to a couple other things for me. Super Awesome guy that is very friendly who works really hard!

Geoff/Raffi/Chico(jon)/(Full Race/Tempe)- These guys probably hate me and my friend Brett cause we would go down there so much and pester them with questions. These guys are great to talk to and have answered a bunch of my questions. Raffi is great to talk to and has a funny/sarcastic sense of humor. Chico is way chill and a long time member here, The tough part is getting him out from his backroom to come say Hi. Geoff, if you can catch him there, is a fountain of knowledge for all things turbo related. Very good group of guys to talk to.

Brad(AFI/Tempe)- I have talked to and bought a lot of parts from Brad when we were building my turbo setup. He is also very friendly and is one of those guys that will drop everything just to talk and shoot the breeze. Definitley a good guy to get fab parts from.

Brandon/(xeuxx)- One of the groups favorites members. Has helped me out on a lot different projects and is a very good friend. He has hosted multiple tech days that have been awesome, along with helping many other members with their projects.

Bryan/(Bryan720)- This guy is one of the most generous guys on here. He has given plenty of time and parts to help me with complete my build, and the punk wont let me compensate him for it. One time he spent like 8 hrs in a hot garage with me helping me tuck my wires.

Madhav/(touge s2k)- I will say we are the luckiest Car Group out there to have a Guy like Madhav be a part of it. He hands down has probably been more giving of his time, talents, and effort then anyone else that I have me. He is really a jack of all trades. For me personally he has tackled my turbo build with quality work that I would expect from Big name fabrication shops. He was very dedicated to doing it right and was perfectionist when it came to his work. His welds are amazing and is always looking for ways to better his work. He also is quite knowledgeable in a quite a few other areas too that he has helped me out with. He is definitley worth double of any dollar that I have ever paid him!

Thats all for now! Feel free to add your own reviews of anyone/shop that you feel deserves recognition. Also doesnt have to be automotive related. You can also add reviews for anything else that you feel will benefit the community
Old 08-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, couldn't have said it better myself. Although, I thought I was just getting special treatment but it seems like these guys are just good people and treat everyone well!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:48 PM
3en

I would like to hear of businesses hook ups outside the auto industry. If anyone knows any good electricians, contractors, plumbers, landscapers, pool cleaners etc... Please post them up too.

Adrian/fender roller- is great at rolling fenders. He did a awesome job on mine.
Tony/pdr- great for paintless dent removal. Plus hes very funny!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:07 PM

Ben (Chubby Ninja) has helped me MANY times. Both at work and off of work. He is good peoples for sure.

Brad AFI - brad and I have been friends for a long time. We've been drunk together in Portland too. He's a good guy professionally and not professionally.

David (Feezy) - Is a good guy and meticulous about EVERYTHING. The OCD tendencies he has towards perfection is something most of us DREAM about when buying things off people.

Jeremy (Kinetic) is another longtime friend that has helped me/sold parts. Always fair, always a good deal.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:15 PM

Personally, I have dealt with:

Madhav - Couldn't have said it better. What an amazing guy, so helpful, knowledgeable, and skilled. He's helped me installing parts with some fabrication, spent his personal time assisting me with diagnosing, solving, and fixing problems, suggested things I wouldn't have thought of, even pulled parts off his own car to help me fix mine, and is just a great guy all around. To paraphrase Feezy; If I were gay....

Robert - Same as above, minus the fabbing parts I guess, haha. He's hooked me up with a test pipe, picked up a Furious Jack for me (since I'm always stuck at work), and has helped me numerous times with multiple things; clutch flush, polishing headlights, sourcing the problem of my CEL(!), and many other things. He even bought my dinner when we went to Pizza Pit and I was an idiot and left my wallet at home.

Dave "Feezy" - He's giving me a place to live, has done AMAZING work restoring my paint, (which he went above and beyond with, since he also polished my plastic window, cleaned my wheels inside and out, and also restored my soft top to black), great guy to shoot the breeze with, and is seemingly always willing/available to lend a hand. He also talks me out of things that I shouldn't do. And talks me into things I should.

Adrian - Absolutely amazing job rolling fenders. Most of you have seen how crazy offset my wheels are, but my fenders still look factory. Great guy to talk to, runs an honest business, and has awesome communication.

Simmy - Thanks for everything, great hookup on the wheels, setting me up with Adrian to get my fenders rolled, helping install my wheels, and then later delivering my OEM ones back to me.

James - Hooking me up... hood, lights, parties, giving me a place to install stuff, helping me do so, etc... Friendly, funny, and rowdy, a great combo, haha. Great guy!

Chong - You got me a job, helped me out with the tail light, with installs, advice, and have been great to just chill with, and vent about how much work sucks, heh. But then you had to go and leave the job and leave me by myself, lol. Hooked me up with another lead on a new job though, so hopefully that works out!

Wade - Thanks for helping me diagnose the clutch. Great knowledge, and always a great guy to talk to at the meets! If I wasn't a slave to work, I'd probably be over at SoS all the time bugging him.

If I forgot about anyone, my apologies. My memory isn't what it used to be. Didn't do it on purpose!

ASAP Title Services (Tempe) - Just thought I'd give them mention since I recently went and got my car registered here (finally, thanks to most of the above@), and what a great experience! They're like the exact opposite of the DMV, I walked in and was helped within moments. I had to go smog my car first, but the guy gave me a printout of directions (didn't need them, but he was that nice), got that done, and came back about 10 minutes before they closed. They helped me out, staying about 15-20 minutes after they closed (at 6pm), to help me get my car registered. They charge a $10 convenience fee, but it's absolutely worth every penny IMO. All of their prices are listed right on the wall too, so you know what you're expecting to pay (minus registration, since that varies, but they even have that listed on the wall).
Old 08-13-2011, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets not forget Ben (OP) at Bell Honda Parts. Best guy to get OEM parts from hands down!
Old 08-13-2011, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Intense Power specifically Pete - Awesome guy. Always helps me pick out what I'm looking for my car, gives me great prices, and he's always taken care of me when I order something whether it be wheels, suspension, etc.

Suspicious Garage - Great shop. Had Efrain make me some SS brake lines, clutchline, and kill my CDV. All were top quality materials, and looked great (since it was a darker grey metal versus the typical blue-red). Efrain can do most anything, and it is where most 240s in phoenix are worked on. If you take your 240 to Intense, Vivid etc, it comes here anyway when the engine work tuning, etc needs to be done. Open strange hours, so its great when you gotta go late at night after breaking something.

Sakura Garage - Greg - Painted my fenders and pulled them. Did a far better job than I expected and they look great for a reasonable price. The only problem was that the paint on my fenders looked significantly better than the OEM finish around it

Ufixit CENTER - Yes, I had to make the distinction of Ufixit CENTER, not just Ufixit. Ufixit ripped off Ufixit centers business idea, and jacked their name. This is a place where you can take your car to a shop throw it on a lift and pay $15 an hour to work on it. They have all sorts of tools, and it makes it a lot easier then screwing with jacks and jack stands.

Outside the industry:
Blu Burger - Best damn burgerplace in phoenix, period. Even better then Zinnburger (Protip: tell them a temperature instead of a "doneness", each meat varys in how it cooks, I like my kobe at 128*F and my bison at 132*f. Great service, cool people, etc. Only thing that sucks is that it's pricy and I can't live there.

Cornish Pasty - Spicy Asiago Chicken. Shut up and order it, no the other stuff on the menu isn't as awesome. Thank me later.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:33 PM

Agree about Pete. Another good guy.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:07 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Sucks that someone locally thought The Internet's post warranted a negative reputation mark. I've re-read it several times and don't see why.

I've rated his post back up, but I'd hope at least within our local community we could discuss things we don't agree with instead of just anonymously throwing negative reputation out.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:36 AM
3en

My bad. I was throwing up + rep and my fat thumb on this lil iPhone accidentally tapped the - on his. Sorry inet.

Quick Reply: Arizona Shop/Business/Person Feedback thread...