Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Arizona Shop/Business/Person Feedback thread...

Old 08-30-2011, 09:20 AM
3en

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryoga4523(nick)- Hooked me up with a awesome deal on coilovers and sos hood dampeners. Sad to see him getting rid of the S.

Bryan and Dill- Thanks for helping out Saturday with pulling my engine
Old 08-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Of course SOS is awesome but for the people who live in Tucson, here are a couple of places I recommend: Just let them know Ed w/ black nsx sent you.

Discount Tires (Robb only)
3701 East Speedway Boulevard
Tucson, AZ 85716
(520) 323-3263
--He personally balanced and mounted my Te37/new tires very carefully and tightened my new lug nuts by hand then torqued. He will beat any tire rack price.

Collective Auto Worx
8150 East 22 Suite 110
Tucson , AZ 85730
520-296-2223
--Only people I trust w/ a honda/acura/porsche in the Tucson area. My exhaust bolts were rusted and they had to use a plasma cutter to get them off and they took a lot longer than the estimated 2.5hrs b/c they were so rusted that they were actually welded together. Actual exhaust install was less then 15 minutes. However they are true to their word because they only charged me for 2.5hrs. Ask him about his cars!

Jack Furrier (Alignment) only ask for Brad (alignment guy-works for himself)--$40 for 4 wheel alignment to your specs(works w/ lowered cars), my car very low.
3645 South Palo Verde Road
Tucson, AZ 85713
520) 748-1660
--I needed an alignment really bad but was afraid b/c bolts were very rusty but he was able to do the alignment to my specs. He has many corvette owners that go to him before/after track day b/c it doesn't cost that much. Please don't be fooled by the low price, he knows alignment.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:55 PM

Couldn't agree more with all the people above that I've had the pleasure to deal with. This forum is full of great people that will go out of their way to help with anything they can!

I would also add Jon at WSI for offering great careful service and being an all around awesome guy. (even if he didn't sell me his NSX)

And for any dog owners, this dude is AWESOME! Cheap and dependable poop cleanup. Cheap and dependable in any industry is rare, in poop cleanup its almost nonexistent.
www.maggiespetwasteremoval.com/
Old 08-31-2011, 02:01 PM

Anyone have suggestions on a good s2 mechanic in the North Phx area? I have this crazy vibration coming somewhere in the rear of my car. It only vibrates during acceleration and more so in certain rpms. When the motor is idol at a stop or any speed, it does not vibrate.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by the fan
I have this crazy vibration coming somewhere in the rear

thats what she said
Old 08-31-2011, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the fan
Anyone have suggestions on a good s2 mechanic in the North Phx area? I have this crazy vibration coming somewhere in the rear of my car. It only vibrates during acceleration and more so in certain rpms. When the motor is idol at a stop or any speed, it does not vibrate.
Are you lowered? Sounds like your axle cups may be pitted. You can try either swapping cups or installing axle spacers.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by 1FastS2k
Originally Posted by the fan' timestamp='1314828075' post='20932546
Are you lowered? Sounds like your axle cups may be pitted. You can try either swapping cups or installing axle spacers.
I am lowered but it's only an inch. I got swift springs. You think there's a problem driving like that for a bit? I need to go to San Diego this weekend and I have no other car to take. I'm kinda worried! Btw, long time no see guys!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:13 AM

Oh man, there are so many badasses here in the AZ. I’ll try and keep it brief…

I also think that everyone’s experience with other people is unique, so even if someone had been reviewed already, I’m still going to take the time to throw up my review as well.

Industrial Metal Supply
5150 S. 48th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85040
(602) 454-1500
My first stop for any metal needed. Not only do they do high volume stuff, but they have partial cut pieces as well. You can go in there and buy small pieces by the pound. They also have precut sizes of sheet metal, aluminum, steel, stainless, even lead sheets. They also sell helpful fabrication tools, random clamps and what not.

Vern Lewis Welding Supply
275 South Black Canyon Highway
Phoenix, AZ 85009-5227
(602) 252-0341
One of the smaller, cooler, friendlier, better non-account priced places I have gone to for welding supplies.

McFaddendale Hardware
4647 South 32nd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85040
(602) 304-9141
This is my first stop for hardware and some tooling. They have a wide selection of metric hardware, even in grades 10.9. If they don’t have it, chances are no one in town will either.

Bell Honda Parts Department
701 West Bell Road
Phoenix, AZ 85023-3508
(602) 789-9771
Bellhonda.com‎
I’ve gone here for parts when I was in a jam. If they didn’t have it in stock, they went the extra mile to get the parts as quickly as possible. I don’t use anyone else for parts.

Piping Alloys Inc.
3402 East Atlanta Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85040-2802
(602) 438-8800
From the first day I bought stuff from this place, they have been nothing short of awesome. Guy who works the will call counter is very friendly and helpful. Go here if you need 304 stainless schedule 40, 45 degree, 90 degree, T’s or reducer Weld Elbows in a hurry, or any stainless pipe.

G/(jefferyg32)
Science Of Speed Sales
He is my go to guy when I need some performance parts. Very helpful, and takes time out of his day to share any thoughts or ideas on issues I am having with my car.

Geoff, Chico, Matt
Full Race
4107 E Winslow Ave # B
Phoenix, AZ 85040-1710
(602) 437-2101
www.FullRace.com
These guys do nothing but help me out. From little fittings to turbo parts, they have been nothing but top notch.

Brad
AFI Turbo
http://www.afiturbo.com/
Another guy who does nothing but help out whenever I need turbo parts, is Brad. V-bands at a great price too. They have multiple CNC machines, so they can make just about anything you can dream up.

Ben/(3en)
The dude who helped me get off to a good start here in Phx. Always willing to help out with parts, and has advice on every aspect of the car. He had a helping hand extended when I really needed it.

Casey/(CaseyChan)
Very talented set of hands on this dude. He can work on any aspect of cars, from mechanical mods, or repairs, to paint. When I really needed it, he helped with my axle spacer and diff mount install. He is also a gifted artist and does custom paint work, as well as tattoos. I have seen some tattoo portraits he has done and it is simply, MIND BLOWINGLY good…

Chris/(1FastS2k)
First person who welcomed me into the community, and helped me to feel at home. He has helped me out with every issue I had since I bought my car. Overall, a great source of car knowledge and business management skills.

Brandon/(xeuxx)
A person who is helpful by nature. I learned the foundation of the S2k because of the tech days he hosted. Also has sold me parts at a great deal and is easy to work with. I gained invaluable skills and knowledge by learning and listening to Brandon the Boss.

David/(Feezy)
Master detail guru who really knows his stuff and does exquisite work. But far beyond that, he is a library of information about every aspect of the car. Overall superb guy, and a riot to be around.

Bryan/(Bryan720)
One of the most generous guys around. If he thinks he can help, he definitely will, even if you don’t ask. Also a very well rounded person, who knows an incredible number of people from all the various areas of the automotive world.

Joe/(averageJoe)
Another incredibly kind hearted dude with an intellect to match. He’s always willing to share some of his knowledge with you, and help in any way he can. I feel lucky whenever I get some of his input.

I’m sure I missed some, I’ll make up for it later…
Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Touge_S2k
Very talented set of hands on this dude.

thast what she said.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:53 AM

Anybody have the phone number to the dent guy? Maybe set up another dent day?

Quick Reply: Arizona Shop/Business/Person Feedback thread...