Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Best Flashpro Tuner?

Old 03-18-2016, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Flashpro Tuner?

Hi everybody! I'm looking to get my 07 dyno tuned, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to who I should take it to. I'm NA with Flashpro. I had my Civic Si etuned by Vit viper who did an awesome job, but I can actually afford a dyno tune now, and want to try that out.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Tony at UMS can do it. "Best", idk, but he's capable.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol
Old 03-18-2016, 08:56 PM

Perhaps 'best' wasn't the best word choice, basically I was checking to see if there was a general consensus of who's good.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:20 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Gernby tune. Done on the road where the car is subject to road resistance at all four wheels and wind Resistance rather than just a fan blowing at the radiator.

Very detailed and not just tuned for maximum horse power. I think mine took 21 (or maybe 28) "pulls" with different calibrations followed by confirmation after a "final" tune.

Need some clear roads and about an hour for each set of pulls. Data goes to Gernby and he sends back the next set.

Highly recommended. Transformed my car.

Mid range power significantly increased.

-- Chuck
Old 03-19-2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Gernby tune. Done on the road where the car is subject to road resistance at all four wheels and wind Resistance rather than just a fan blowing at the radiator.

Very detailed and not just tuned for maximum horse power. I think mine took 21 (or maybe 28) "pulls" with different calibrations followed by confirmation after a "final" tune.

Need some clear roads and about an hour for each set of pulls. Data goes to Gernby and he sends back the next set.

Highly recommended. Transformed my car.

Mid range power significantly increased.

-- Chuck

Is there anywhere in particular you recommend I go in the Phoenix area that has roads dead enough to do the pulls? With Vit I went down I-10 to the 75mph zone and did them, but it's a busy highway, and I'm not comfortable doing that again.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:04 PM

Don't do that remote bullshit.

Just throw some money at Tony and get it done right.

If you have a stock car, I think it comes with a base flash. May be good enough for you. You can probably get a base file for free from anyone.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Boofster

If you have a stock car, I think it comes with a base flash. May be good enough for you. You can probably get a base file for free from anyone.
Name:  psMi16j.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  9.4 KB

Vit is going to be flying down to tune my car in a week or so. I'm going to be posting the results. Also yes, I'm retuning my car. If you want I'm sure he would have enough time to tune your car too. I'll be doing my car on Locash's dyno.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:48 PM

You know what I realized? I'm pretty sure Joe at Locash tunes flashpros. I know he does Hondata and Motec only, but I believe that extends to flashpro. He gets my vote by far.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Steven622
Originally Posted by Boofster' timestamp='1458421441' post='23913611

Vit is going to be flying down to tune my car in a week or so. I'm going to be posting the results. Also yes, I'm retuning my car. If you want I'm sure he would have enough time to tune your car too. I'll be doing my car on Locash's dyno.
Really? That'd be sweet! Should I just shoot him an email?

Quick Reply: Best Flashpro Tuner?