Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Vitviper Tuning

Old 05-01-2016, 12:47 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

40-50 hp high? That is drastic. That is Church Automotive type numbers.

I need to hit a dyno and get a baseline. I haven't been on a dyno since I removed the turbo setup. My last n/a dyno was 8 years and a motor ago.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if the ums was recalculated in last year. Between myself and several friends we've been on that dyno more than 100x, many of them baseline runs...and the baselines were always within 2 or 3 pct of expected based on drive line losses. My nsx, fgt and s2000 were all exactly where expected vs other, similar setups. In fact my friend just put down 572rwhp in his nsx and did a 1/4no in the 130's two days ago. Seems reasonable.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
40-50 hp high? That is drastic. That is Church Automotive type numbers.

I need to hit a dyno and get a baseline. I haven't been on a dyno since I removed the turbo setup. My last n/a dyno was 8 years and a motor ago.

According to Tony, I made "450hp" at 11psi on pump. With absolute balls to the wall timing on E85 at 11 psi, I made 410. There isn't a chance I made that much power on pump.

At 24-26 PSI on Locash's dyno, I made 640-670hp with 500ft lbs of torque. At UMS, I made 708hp with 498ft lbs of torque at the same pressure. The difference is, I have a real timing and VE map now, so I'm more inclined to believe my numbers.
I'll also state that the pulls were done at the same ramp rate as what tony uses, which is important because it will skew the numbers. Google dyno ramp rate to see how it affects power. In the interest of fairness, I'm going to take my car back over to AZ Dyno chip and get a run there so I can do a back to back on a "Tony" tune and a Vit tune. Right now, the car feels like a very high 600hp car. I don't quite think I'm hitting 700 because of a few changes that I'll have to make that I'll outline in my other thread.

Look guys, my suggestion? If you have a Tony tune, go pay for a run at locash, or Dyno chip/BMR for a roller dyno. I knew UMS's dyno read high as soon as one of my friends told me that her GTX3582R powered subie hit 700hp.

I'll also say this:
- Drivability is great. It's like a normal car now.
- It actually idles instead of bouncing form 800 to 1500rpm (Hey looks like my throttle body wasn't screwed up, it was just knowing how to use AEM's software)
- He actually set up traction control, it's quite nice.
- Actual involvement and information on the specifics of your setup. He's not tucked away in his hole away from telling you what's going on, what's good whats bad, what could change, etc. I actually got to know what was going on with my setup, and the coming changes will be posted in my other thread.
- My tune is unlocked, so if I want to mess with it I can. If I want to adjust my traction control, I can. This is good because different compound and tread section of tires will warrant different settings.
- Boost by gear is set up (and correctly)
- It wasn't 1700 fucking dollars
- If I need support he'll actually respond to an email or text vs having to go to the shop and ask a front desk person if the great one has a moment to speak because he hasn't had the chance to respond to an email for 2 weeks

I'll post up some comparative data logs later. I have to help a buddy pull out his blown up SR.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it might be a case of Locash's reading low, AZ Dyno Chip had my car pretty close to Tony's.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:32 AM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

I thought comparing results across dyno's was a no no...

How's the blue car doing?
Old 05-02-2016, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Less blue lol. Partout starting pretty soon.

Look, Tim, Joe and Tony all have Dynapacks. Tony's dynpack seems to read high.
Comparing a Dynpack number to a Dynapack number should be similar, but there are exceptions, such as Church's. Compare a baseline S2000 dyno and then compare what it makes afterwards with power and pay attention to the ramp rate that the tuner/operator decided to use because that will skew numbers and spool.

What I do know, is I'll be taking it and testing it across multiple dynos and comparing it to a baseline dyno because why not. What will never happen, is me taking it back to Tony's dyno and redoing it there since I will no longer do business with him.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:04 PM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

I love my Tony tune, as do many others. I think his dyno was spot on and as someone else mentioned the baselines were right on target with what was to be expected after accounting for drive line loses.

Oh well, tuning cars, who tunes it, and what dyno is used is not worth arguing over. Its like religion, politics, sports team, and what brand of oil is the best. For every 5 people that love Tony, there are another 5 people that hate him. Same goes for every other example.

I had an evans tune, it was shit, Tony gave me a better tune. At the end of the day its good for people to try different things and do what works best for them. I dont think there is a single tuner that is the "best".
Old 05-02-2016, 01:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
I love my Tony tune, as do many others. I think his dyno was spot on and as someone else mentioned the baselines were right on target with what was to be expected after accounting for drive line loses.

Oh well, tuning cars, who tunes it, and what dyno is used is not worth arguing over. Its like religion, politics, sports team, and what brand of oil is the best. For every 5 people that love Tony, there are another 5 people that hate him. Same goes for every other example.

I had an evans tune, it was shit, Tony gave me a better tune. At the end of the day its good for people to try different things and do what works best for them. I dont think there is a single tuner that is the "best".
I've literally had both ends of the spectrum experience-wise with Tony lol. I rate him at a meh.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:01 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Where does Tony work?
Old 05-02-2016, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do agree comparing different dyno numbers is typically a waste.

$1700 fo a tune tho. Yikes. I could see $1000 for two separate tunes of e85/91... otherwise...?

Quick Reply: Vitviper Tuning