Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Which Exhaust System?

Old 08-02-2010, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Which Exhaust System?

Hey guys!

I'm somewhat new to the forum and this is actually my first post, glad to be part of the group! I'm slowly getting the chance to put on my first modification on my '01 S2K after I've saved up for a while.

I'm trying to decide between the First Racing F1 dual exhaust system (with header & test pipe) and the Invidia N1 single exhaust system (with header & test pipe)

Do you guys have any experience with either in terms of noise and how bearable they are when driving? I daily drive my S2K, mostly to school and work but I also drive it a lot on weekends. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. I could really use your guys' help.

Also, if any of you have either installed on their S2K, would you be willing to meet up so I can have a look at it.

Thanks!

Samir
Old 08-02-2010, 09:56 PM

I've driven cars with both systems and I can tell you they are polar opposites.

The invidia is very loud - especially with the TP and header, the First F1 is very tame and has a great tone.

Are you in Tucson or Phx?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:17 PM

I personally have the full F1 system and love the tone. It does not get raspy or crackle at all. Sounds great throughout all RPM's.

P.S: I am selling the First F1 Exhaust w/ test pipe..if your intersted let me kno. Just selling so i can get a j's or a T1R. Great condition and sounds very good
Old 08-03-2010, 12:05 AM

this topic again.

i can't speak for the f1, but if you spend any amount of time on the freeway and/or value your hearing, i'd stay away from invidia. the volume wasn't the issue; the drone made me want to puke.

or maybe im a pussy.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Love my N1 "well not at first" its pretty loud compared to stock setup. But you can still carry on a conversation with someone in the car or on the cell phone when driving. Come out to some meets and listen to them in person. Thats the best way to get an idea. The videos of exhaust online are a joke and not what you want to base a decision off of when you are dropping hundreds of $
Old 08-03-2010, 12:57 AM

I can't remember if the N1 is different from the crazy loud Invidia I have...

But..

Just like boost....once you have a little, you want a lot. I think the I got too used to the Invidia drone...so naturally...

Old 08-03-2010, 05:27 AM

The thing I liked about the Invidia N1 was the pure madness of the sound. It's like a racing car and the over-run noise gets me all the time. Cosmetically though, I don't like it much because of the single setup but you can look at the pro's and figure that it's much, much lighter than stock. Though the drone is what I'm worried about in the long run and if I'll be able to deal with it, I figure I'll have to check it out in person first to see if I can deal with the noise. The First F1 however seemed very progressive and exotic and "less ricey" if you will. I liked the cosmetics behind the dual setup and it does look very clean.

Nate, I'm the Tucson area. I think we've met before. Came with George to In-n-Out meet on Cortaro in my red S2K. What's your current set-up?

EZ$$EF, I'm out of the country at the moment but I'll be back around the 16th of August. If you happen to be around, I'd like to check out the exhaust. Should be a great opportunity to hear it in person!

By the way, any upcoming car meets in the Tucson area? s2kJer has a point. Better to check 'em out in person before dropping cash on a brand new system. I got a great deal on Autobox Racing: $900 flat with shipping on both F1 header and exhaust, no test pipe included (but I can get that later) I should be receiving a quote on the Invidia package soon so I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:57 AM

Yea the 16th will be fine with me. I am in Tucson as well, just let me kno when you want to take a look and i can take you for a spin so you can hear and see what you get before you buy it.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:30 AM

I have an Invidia, N1 dual. Shit is seriously pretty loud. But if you can resist the go pedal, it isn't too bad around town. It sounds amazing though.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by YemeniS2000,Aug 3 2010, 06:27 AM
The thing I liked about the Invidia N1 was the pure madness of the sound. It's like a racing car and the over-run noise gets me all the time. Cosmetically though, I don't like it much because of the single setup but you can look at the pro's and figure that it's much, much lighter than stock. Though the drone is what I'm worried about in the long run and if I'll be able to deal with it, I figure I'll have to check it out in person first to see if I can deal with the noise. The First F1 however seemed very progressive and exotic and "less ricey" if you will. I liked the cosmetics behind the dual setup and it does look very clean.

Nate, I'm the Tucson area. I think we've met before. Came with George to In-n-Out meet on Cortaro in my red S2K. What's your current set-up?

EZ$$EF, I'm out of the country at the moment but I'll be back around the 16th of August. If you happen to be around, I'd like to check out the exhaust. Should be a great opportunity to hear it in person!

By the way, any upcoming car meets in the Tucson area? s2kJer has a point. Better to check 'em out in person before dropping cash on a brand new system. I got a great deal on Autobox Racing: $900 flat with shipping on both F1 header and exhaust, no test pipe included (but I can get that later) I should be receiving a quote on the Invidia package soon so I'll keep you guys updated.
Yea I remember ya!

I currently have a T1r 70mm single w/ 70mm TP. Its pretty loud but I love it.

Sometimes we meet up at in n out on broadway on weds nights. Its for all cars, but usually the S2k's have a pretty decent showing. I think a few of us are gonna be out there tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust System?