BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

Fall 2016 Boston Mountains 10 Year Anniversary Tour

Old 10-25-2016, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to say I'm not going to be able to make it. I got into an accident and the auto shop just let me know the car won't be ready in time for the tour. I was looking forward to it but I hope someone can take my spot last minute.
I plan on making it to one of the BMT's next year.
Have a great drive!!
Old 10-25-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear that, Robert. Best of luck on the repairs!
Old 10-26-2016, 03:12 PM

Attached is a copy of the 2016 Fall BMT Itinerary for anyone that might need it!

Plans are as follows:

Friday, Oct. 28th
BMT 10th Anniversary DAY 1
10:30am - Leave from Best Western Eureka Inn for lunch in Branson at Landry's Seafood
12:30pm - Arrive in Branson
1pm - Lunch at Landry's Seafood
3pm - Depart Landry's for Eureka Springs
5pm - Welcoming Social for Attendees w/ giveaways
8pm - Night Drive
9:30pm - Day 1 concluded (for some of us)

Saturday, Oct. 29th
BMT 10th Anniversary DAY 2

7am - Registration opens
7:45am - Driver's meeting. You must attend!
8:30am - First group to leave for the drive departs from Best Western Eureka Inn. Every other group will leaver 15 minutes after the prior group.
~10:00 - First rest stop at the Buffalo Outdoor Center for the first group of the tour, with every other group arriving roughly 15 minutes apart.
~11:35 - Gas stop before heading to lunch
12:30 - Arrive at Wiederkehr Wine Cellars for Lunch!
1:30 - First group departs from lunch
~2:30 - Rest stop at Turner Bend Store
~4:30 - First group to arrive for photo op at the dam, with subsequent groups arriving periodically.
6:00 - Head back to hotel
7:00 - Special Dinner Event At Fresh

Hopefully if you want to / need to, you can download and print my PDF file.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
16 BMT Fall Itinerary.pdf (299.2 KB, 44 views)
The following users liked this post:
jmoore2k (10-27-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 11:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LIST UPDATED!!!

*******REMINDER TO ALL***********
Be sure to arrive with a full tank of fuel whichever day you're attending.
INSPECT your cars, brakes, tires, fluids, make sure your car is in sound mechanical condition, if not, probably better to sit this out than to risk any harm to yourself or others.

Look forward to seeing you all this weekend!! Safe Travels to all of you!

Andy
Old 10-27-2016, 07:46 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Scheduled Friday 8pm Night Drive

Andy, Skyler, and BMT Staff, I want to congratulate you all for all the work planning the Fall BMT 2016 events with one exception, the Friday 8pm night drive. There is a bonus crop of deer in NW Arkansas, and some of them have the deadly CWD which alters behavior. Driving these rural roads in daylight one can see and hopefully miss any deer crossing the roadway. But at 55 mph (or spirited speeds with engines at high rpm) in the night, chances of seeing the deer crossing before your car are down to one second or less. Outside of driving 25 mph in town from restaurant-to filling station-to local lodging, I don't think the BMT staff should lead or encourage any BMT participants to take the chance of wrecking their sports cars in a collision with a deer or other nocturnal critters. With the BMT spirited driving events scheduled the next morning, folks should be sure to park their wonderful sports cars (with a full tank of gas) safely for the night.
Jerome Moore
zbillster (10-28-2016)
Old 10-31-2016, 07:12 AM

Welp, there's another successful BMT in the books!
The drive was great.
The people were fun, as always.
We had no major incidents or other problems that prevented anyone from driving their cars home, thankfully .
We had a sizable number of new comers, so that was great to see. I hope all of you had a great time and will want to return again. (Usually after the first time people are hooked)

This being the 10th anniversary, I wanted to take the time to recognize Jerome and Julie for getting this event off the ground, and Andy for continuing to carry the torch for us! Also thanks to Kent for organizing the routes for the Friday lunch drive to Branson as well as the night drive after the Friday night social, Mike and Monica for organizing our Social Event Friday night, and Orlando for putting together our Special Dinner Banquet on Saturday night. Special thanks to Julie and Enrique for their efforts to get event coverage, even at the expense of their equipment. (For those who didn't know, Enrique's drone went down after colliding with a flag pole trying to get scenic footage at the dam. Sean's went down earlier in the day, too, trying to get overhead footage. Thanks for your efforts, guys!) Thanks to my wife, Samantha, for not only sweeping for me and in your efforts to get all of the directions and driver packets ready, as I know it was a big task, but also for letting me be apart of this great staff. Without her, I couldn't do this.
Most importantly, we want to thank each and every one of YOU guys! Without all of our participants , this event wouldn't be what it is now. THANK YOU ALL FOR ATTENDING!

It was great to be able to see everyone, we sure hope you all had a fantastic time, and we hope to see you again in the spring! (We're already in the planning stages, w00t!)
The following 5 users liked this post by ntenseone:
DragonDidg (11-01-2016), jmoore2k (10-31-2016), kent2 (10-31-2016), michael_s (11-02-2016), Phenix_R (10-31-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 05:14 PM

BMTers, please post your comments, pics, and vids of the Fall BMT 2016 on this thread.
ntenseone (11-06-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Fall 2016 Boston Mountains 10 Year Anniversary Tour-img4035.jpg   Fall 2016 Boston Mountains 10 Year Anniversary Tour-img4029.jpg   Fall 2016 Boston Mountains 10 Year Anniversary Tour-img4022.jpg   Fall 2016 Boston Mountains 10 Year Anniversary Tour-img4016.jpg  
Old 11-02-2016, 06:09 AM

Julie, Thanks for the great pictures.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Julie! Thanks for the pics! Could you provide a link to the full res on the group pic?

Quick Reply: Fall 2016 Boston Mountains 10 Year Anniversary Tour