Asia S2000 Owners English speaking owners from Asia. Including Hong Kong, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan.

New to Japan, finally got my car today...

Old 08-06-2012, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear man. I hear what you're saying about keeping it in storage. I'd probably do the same thing.

Everyone I talk to says not to bring a car out there, but none of them are car guys, so they don't quite understand. Like I said I'll be moving very shortly after getting orders so I'm gonna start talking to the personal property people now so that it's not a surprise to them.

I hear the roads out there are awesome but the speed limits etc. are very restrictive.

Thanks for the help
Old 08-06-2012, 07:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speeds are slower, but there isn't much traffic up here by us on the back roads. I think that fact, and going during odd hours may allow for some amounts of fun. I will say, the roads are more difficult...due to their width and often open gutters and blind corners with traffic mirrors. Here is an example though...

Old 08-07-2012, 05:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 08-07-2012, 10:51 AM

Just wow. I saw that in your post on the main forum. is that the road up to Mt Fuji?
Old 08-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcbuff
Just wow. I saw that in your post on the main forum. is that the road up to Mt Fuji?
No, this is Mt. Iwaki near Hirosaki. If you ever go to the Cherry Blossom festival at Hirosaki Castle...you could do this detour on your trip. Mt. Fuji is taller than Iwaki. There are mountains everywhere so I am sure there are more roads as cool as this out there. I still have to explore our local mountains here. I just don't have the motivation to take our Legacy on all these bitchin' roads when I could be taking the S when it gets on the road.

The roads around Lake Towada are beautiful. Its like driving in a rain forest, overhanging trees, waterfalls, tunnels....its awesome.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by raikouS2K
wow!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy shit....
Old 01-23-2013, 03:57 AM

Speeds are slower, but there isn't much traffic up here by us on the back roads. I think that fact, and going during odd hours may allow for some amounts of fun. I will say, the roads are more difficult...due to their width and often open gutters and blind corners with traffic mirrors. Here is an example though...

ummmmmm i might just go update my dreamsheet..... lmfao. Only reason I wouldn't want to take my S is to find me a another R32 or a FD to bring home with me.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:33 AM

Amazing....
Old 06-05-2014, 05:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All military are authorized to ship vehicles newer than 1976...the government will pay to ship it however you have to cover the cost of the emissions test (2100 USD) and anything that would need to be changed to make it Japan legal. Thankfully the S2000 doesn't have many differences at all. I really haven't found any production differences other than minor things, headlight aim, road flare holder and flare...etc
I should have know the cost to import an S would not be that bad.

I'm just about done with my 3 year tour (Okinawa) and my S has been in storage the entire time. Meanwhile I dumped $6000 + into my $6000 Subaru B4 (1 blown motor, Single turbo swap, DCCD, Type RA STI trans, Ohlins, Apexi ECU, premium off base gas, ect..).

What a waste of money.

The only good part about the Subaru was that I could take my kids around when needed.

Quick Reply: New to Japan, finally got my car today...