Aus & NZ Off Topic For all non S2000 related topics

Cycling with Jens Voight for a Cancer Cure in 1 Month!

Old 03-24-2015, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cycling with Jens Voight for a Cancer Cure in 1 Month!

Dear fellow S2000 owners, if I could borrow your ears (and generosity) for a few short moments.

Today I signed up to be a 'guest rider' as a part of Tour de Cure Australia. Since 2007, Tour de Cure has raised in excess of $16 million and funded over 180 cancer research, support and prevention projects, leading to 13 cancer breakthroughs.

I will be riding my bicycle almost 300km from Warrnambool to Geelong along the Great Ocean Road from the 30th of April to the 1st of May with fellow TdC riders. Former Trek Factory Racing Pro Tour Rider and Hour Record holder Jens Voigt will also be coming along for the effort! As well as fundraising, we will be stopping by local communities and schools to raise awareness about preventable forms of cancer like melanoma.

In around three weeks, I am aiming to reach $3500 in fundraising to forward DIRECTLY to brilliant medical researchers and scientists who are working hard to develop treatments for this terrible brand of affliction. While it may seem like a crazy goal, it would have been crazier not to try.

Cancer is something that nobody should have to endure.

My donation page is here, please stop by and have a read:
http://www.tourdecure.com.au/pages/t...efadced560f920

Please contribute what you can for this mighty cause, no matter how small. EVERY dollar counts.

Spread the word to family and friends; my appreciation is endless!