Aus & NZ Off Topic For all non S2000 related topics

Gran Turismo 5

Old 11-25-2010, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-R,Nov 25 2010, 05:49 PM
Probably the revised driving engine with the crash modelling, and the time spent to model all of the new cars. Apparently, it is no trivial tasks with the amount of data they (Polyphony Digital) try to capture with each car.
See that's what I thought they would do, but from what I can see and from what I have read, the non premium cars are just GT4 models. The driving model is improved yes, particularly under braking, but given the shortcomings with the shading on cars and the frame drops on tracks like London I would of expected it to be a bit more polished given the lead time.

In my eyes thought they are small niggles, as I only care about the driving experience, but I have a launch PS3 and I bought it expecting i to come out not that long after and for waiting this long I was expecting something that bit more polished.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:09 PM

Im sure the game will see future updates, dont dwell on it just yet guys.

Few more things, we can sell eachother cars or give eachother cupons and things like that I think this side of the game opens up a whole other dimension...also visit the used dealership reguarly to pick up cars as they come and go!
Old 11-25-2010, 06:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panayiotis,Nov 26 2010, 12:36 PM
See that's what I thought they would do, but from what I can see and from what I have read, the non premium cars are just GT4 models. The driving model is improved yes, particularly under braking, but given the shortcomings with the shading on cars and the frame drops on tracks like London I would of expected it to be a bit more polished given the lead time.

In my eyes thought they are small niggles, as I only care about the driving experience, but I have a launch PS3 and I bought it expecting i to come out not that long after and for waiting this long I was expecting something that bit more polished.
Yeh, I've definitely seen that some of the cars aren't very detailed. The driving feel is still fantastic though.

My biggest gripe is that they've still removed (or have not re-instated) some of the functionality that made Gran Turismo so appealing in the first place - being able to modify any car to any extent. In the current version, you can't even add aftermarket wheels to most cars (it appears to be non-race cars that aren't allowed). I used to find it hilarious modifying a car with all the mods, whacking on a massive racing bodykit, making it much faster than it ever deserved to be, and just seeing how fast it could go. Now in GT5, it seems that you can no longer buy aftermarket brakes either?!

Nonetheless, it's still as fun as ever.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:02 AM

I bought a copy today. Will give it a shot tonight.

PSN name: ncmx5
Old 11-26-2010, 10:21 AM

so when we doin the "tsukuba 5 laps battle!!"??
Old 11-26-2010, 01:41 PM

Which night do you all prefer?

I'm free most nights, once we work out which night ill prob put it on for 8:30pm, we can have a couple of races during the night..

I havent played with online yet so when I do I'll work out the rules are

If anyone has idea's for types of races let me know.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:32 PM

tonight?!? im good whenevers unless i decide to fly off somewhere which is likely. so sooner the better for me.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:04 PM

How do we race online anyway?
Old 11-27-2010, 10:54 PM
AdN

anybody else struggling to find a classic european car?
Old 11-28-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by AdN,Nov 28 2010, 05:54 PM
anybody else struggling to find a classic european car?
Is this for Amature Series? If thats the one, im also struggling to find one..

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5