Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

My learning curve

Old 10-24-2014, 12:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright this will probably be brief but i will try cover everything.

Since the last update i have done another track day. This time i bumped the front sway up to firm. This has certainly helped settle the car down. Its still not quiet where i want it so i might have to have a play around with ride height next. I ended up with a 62.4 which is .2 off my PB on clubman. One thing i have noticed about the rsr is even after 45 laps, they are still as quick as the first day you drove on them. Such a great bang for buck tyre.

So since that day. I have made a couple of small changes for the last round of time attack and the last big event of the year maximum attack. I have finally sorted a diff option out. I got a OS giken 1.5 way, OEM 4.44 final gears and had them treated. Also opted for the AP2 housing with the Neat gearboxes strengthen caps. These are rated at about 600hp so they should well and truly last me forever. On top of that a js collar, strengthen ring gear bolts and js shims to round out the diff. It will be getting installed over the next few days.

The reason i went with the 4.44 is simple. i already have some 4.77's sitting here at home. So i figure if i go in the middle and it doesn't work, i can go either way. Also i chose the OS giken due to its ability of not needing to be broken in. Sam from Neat gearboxes has been easily one of the best people i have ever dealt with. Tells you how it is. Would recommend him highly. The diff would have happened a few months ago however i bought this.

A yeti SB-66. I have been getting heavily into mountain biking and this was probably the best purchase i have ever made. Anyone else out there trail ride?

Ontop of the diff, i also received and fitted a ASM FRP duckbill. I have been a massive fan of asm for a while but their price tag has always been the reason i haven't bought much. However, i have never seen a fibreglass item arrive like this did. The mugen hardtop was amazing in quality, but it doesn't even come close to the level the asm wing was. There are no pin holes, waves, rough edges, indents nothing. It was pretty much put the colour coat on.

Anyway, should be a update late next week with hopefully good news in regards to how the day went.

I got to catch up with some mates the other night. My good friend tim as just purchased a excige 260cup! Amazing car, will be good to see him throw down some laps this coming week! Also my friend steve has just finished up his EF AWD sedan that has a JR supercharger. Amazing build.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're selling?