Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.
View Poll Results: Pick the winner at Interlagos on Sunday
Nico Rosberg
16.67%
Lewis Hamilton
50.00%
Daniel Ricciardo
16.67%
Sebastian Vettel
0%
Kimi Räikkönen
0%
Max Verstappen
16.67%
Sergio Pérez
0%
Valtteri Bottas
0%
Nico Hülkenberg
0%
Fernando Alonso
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

2016 Formula 1 Grande Prêmio do Brasil

Old 11-13-2016, 06:18 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Max V is the man. It's like watching a robotic Senna at work. He was so meticulous as he went off picking up the spots one after the other.

I bet the other teams are trying to see if there is any way they can get him to drive for them. Other than Lewis. he seemed to be the only one in control in those conditions.

Props to Lewis for a great win. IMO with this emphatic victory he has the upper hand over Nico heading to Abu Dhabi. Credit to Nico as well for keeping his nose clean. But I wish he were less Prost-like in his approach.

Esteban Ocon and Felipe Nasr impressed too. Speaking of Nasr, spare a thought for Felipe Massa. It was heart-rending to see him crash out of his final home race and it was heart-warming to see the farewell and the guard of honor he received from all the teams in pit-lane.

Also on one of the red flags, it was nice to see Lewis go cool his heels in the Haas garage, and one of the Haas team members offering Lewis a chair.

Gutierrez seems like a grade A asshat. I understand that things can be frustrating, but to behave that way with your team is very unbecoming. I hope he doesn't find a ride with Manor either. Good on Gunther Steiner for knocking some sense into him.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:58 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Here is a nice blog post on Max Verstappens drive in Brazil. The article has insights from both Peter Krause and Ross Bentley

Axis Of Oversteer: How Max Verstappen exposed Formula One groupthink.

Peter Krause -
"Max was doing everything Bruce MacInnes and other Skippy instructors have taught for four decades!"
Ross Bentley -
"Verstappen's performance in Brazil illustrates a few things. First, with youth often comes a good form of not knowing what you shouldn't do. In other words, he's naive, but in a positive way. Too many drivers, after just a few years, start to follow what they think they should do. And they believe what they think they should believe. Verstappen doesn't believe he has any limits, and that's why he's doing what he's doing in F1. Let's hope he continues this way, because it's what Senna and Schumacher did longer than most."When I hear people like Toto Wolff saying things like Verstappen is "redefining physics," it also shows how even people at the top of the sport can get into this "follow others" mindset. Verstappen isn't redefining physics. He simply drove further off line than other drivers because he wasn't set in his ways, and there is more grip that far off line. On one hand, what Verstappen did was nothing special - go to any junior formula race and you'll see a lot of that. On the other hand, what he did was special because he didn't follow everyone else, or the way others think.!