Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.
View Poll Results: Pick the winner in Shanghai on Sunday
Nico Rosberg
21.43%
Lewis Hamilton
42.86%
Daniel Ricciardo
0%
Kimi Räikkönen
0%
Romain Grosjean
0%
Sebastian Vettel
35.71%
Felipe Massa
0%
Max Verstappen
0%
Nico Hülkenberg
0%
Daniil Kvyat
0%
Valtteri Bottas
0%
Carlos Sainz, Jr.
0%
Fernando Alonso OR Stoffel Vandoorne
0%
Kevin Magnussen
0%
Jolyon Palmer
0%
Marcus Ericsson
0%
Sergio Pérez
0%
Pascal Wehrlein
0%
Felipe Nasr
0%
Jenson Button
0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

2016 FORMULA 1 PIRELLI CHINESE GRAND PRIX

Old 04-15-2016, 03:15 PM

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,420 Posts

Going Hamilton. He holds the track record, and despite the grid penalty, there's a chance of rain. G'night errbody else.

WAG is Grosjean - this is a good outsider's bet to podium if you're feeling saucy (but not completely loony).

Arrivabene will have a steely-eyed gaze as Vettel continues to show the Ferrari's excellent entrance and exit speeds.
Arrivabene will have a steely-eyed gaze as Raikkonen continues to drive on 20 lap old Super Softs in the middle of a downpour
Arrivabene's eyebrows will not be available for comment as Grosjean keeps turning mind-bendingly-consistent lap times regardless of tyres.
Toto Wolff will be stone-faced in regards to any tyre-deg and weather questions.
Esteban Gutierrez will be happy to finish the race. Mexican press will declare that Sauber will be contenders for the Constructor's Championship.
Ferrari will turn in a 4-5. Sales of Ferrari clothing will win regardless.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:18 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

Here is the revised starting grid after factoring in penalties et al

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/128314-...for-wheel-loss

Lewis should make this a fun race for the fans as he makes his way through the field

Anything could happen and I hope it will make for an exciting race. Happy with qualifying reverting back to the old way.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:47 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

This race was great and congratulations to all the teams and drivers for making it to the end of the race with no retirements. I loved all the battles that were happening all through the field. It felt great to see the McLarens up there in the Top 5 during the early part of the race and I was hoping there would be points to be had.

Great race by Nico. He kept his cool and found his way back to the front. Ricciardo made a terrific start but too bad that his car got hit by debris and he had to pit. The Ferrari's showed great pace and I liked that first corner incident with Kvyat. As much as Seb tried to pin it on Kvyat, to my eyes it just seemed like a racing incident. Good on DK for finishing where he did on the podium. Me thinks Seb was trying to avoid embarrassment given that Marchionne was in the pits. It was entertaining to see the reaction of the Ferrari crew as Seb passed the slow-moving cars to enter pit lane. The Red Bull's did well - both cars.

Expected another good weekend for Haas. Not sure if the incident Grosjean had is what caused him to finish out of the points. Gutierrez got to the finish and ahead of RoGro so I guess he will take that.

Enjoyed the battle Massa had with Lewis and Kimi towards the end. It was unbelievable to see Lewis struggle as much as he did. I think he would have been better of starting from pit lane versus last on the grid. He could have possibly finished higher and avoided the incidents he had. This season is a long one, and we are only three races in, so I expect to see a fight from Lewis. Whether that will be too little, too late remains to be seen. I also expect Ferrari to win this season and think McLaren has the potential to finish on the podium provided they keep improving.

Those Tag Heuer engined Red Bulls seem to be coming up to pace, so I wonder if they will spring a surprise or two as the season progresses while we all stay focused on Mercedes and Ferrari.