Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

The Official Formula One 2012 Preview/Silly Season Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to see Senna stay on with Lotus. Seeing him in that livery reminds me of the old days with his uncle in the JPS... He's better than Petrov so as long as he has backing he should be good.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:48 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts

I would love to see Senna at Renault as well. He definitely belongs and does appear to have a better mindset than Petrov. But having said that, I think the second seat may come down to money and to further confuse the bejeesus out of us Renault is not ruling out Robert Kubica coming back mid-season
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96579
Old 11-29-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by aashish2
Dang! Beat me to it. I was just about to post about Kimi
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96573

Now I wonder what this means for Rubens at Williams and who is Kimi replacing at Lotus? Petrov or Senna?
Well apparently there are rumors going around that Sutil might be going to Williams. Sutil and Kimi will reunite on the track (hope not haha). It also sucks for Grosjean since he is the GP2 champion and needs to find another seat. It was unfair that he had to drive the dog of a car R29 and his teammate was Alonso.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:05 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

gotta post this up in honor of Kimi making a comeback

Old 11-29-2011, 05:09 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by samerthehammer
Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1322564082' post='21193313
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/96573

Now I wonder what this means for Rubens at Williams and who is Kimi replacing at Lotus? Petrov or Senna?
Well apparently there are rumors going around that Sutil might be going to Williams. Sutil and Kimi will reunite on the track (hope not haha). It also sucks for Grosjean since he is the GP2 champion and needs to find another seat. It was unfair that he had to drive the dog of a car R29 and his teammate was Alonso.
I think Force India should keep Sutil. He has been with them since the beginning and will greatly aid the team as they try to make the next leap forward. Hopefully Kimi takes a fancy to Vettel or someone else for his on track attraction

I agree with what you say about Grosjean. He definitely has the potential and needs a second chance. Not just any chance but a shot in a decent car. For some reason Grosjean reminds be about Bourdais. Both are great race car drivers and both had a terrible time matching up to expectations.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:20 PM

Oh iceman.. I even took it off my iceman comment in my signature. Thank you for proving me wrong.

FI was outperforming Williams, so I am curious as to how some ppl have heard of the Sutil to Williams rumor. Maybe Williams have something up their sleeves to attract Sutil? Or is this Sutil's agent playing hardball for a new contract. Sutil did say a couple of weeks ago that he wanted his driving situation sorted out before the end of the season.

As of now there seems to be one open seat left at HRT(Pedro de la rosa was confirmed), one at Team Lotus/Caterham F1 (because Trulli hasnt been confirmed), one at Williams (pending on RB), and possibly one at LRGP/Lotus F1(between Senna, Grosjean, Petrov). I am not sure what the situation is at STR. I dont think they have confirmed anybody, but looming behind Red Bull's shadow are Ricciardo and Vergne
Old 11-30-2011, 06:23 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

As far as Williams is concerned, isn't Maldonado also in doubt considering PDVSA's sponsorship of Williams is being questioned by the Venzuelan congress? What about Marussia Virgin? Have they confirmed their lineup?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:58 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

FIA reveals entry list for 2012 Formula 1 season

RED BULL RACING (AUT)
Red Bull Racing Renault

1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Mark Webber

VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES (GBR)
McLaren Mercedes

3. Jenson Button
4. Lewis Hamilton

SCUDERIA FERRARI (ITA)
Ferrari

5. Fernando Alonso
6. Felipe Massa

MERCEDES GP PETRONAS F1 TEAM (DEU)
Mercedes

7. Michael Schumacher
8. Nico Rosberg

LOTUS F1 TEAM (GBR)
Lotus Renault

9. Kimi Raikkonen
10. TBA

SAHARA FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM (IND)
Force India Mercedes

11. TBA
12. TBA

SAUBER F1 TEAM (CHE)
Sauber Ferrari

14. Kamui Kobayashi
15. Sergio Perez Mendoza

SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO (ITA)
STR Ferrari

16. TBA
17. TBA

AT&T WILLIAMS (GBR)
Williams Renault

18. TBA
19. TBA

TEAM CATERHAM (MAL)
Caterham Renault

20. Heikki Kovalainen
21. Jarno Trulli

HRT F1 TEAM (ESP)
TBA

22. TBA
23. TBA

MARUSSIA F1 TEAM (RUS)
Marussia Cosworth

24. Timo Glock
25. Charles Pic

Old 11-30-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by aashish2
Originally Posted by samerthehammer' timestamp='1322615507' post='21195964
[quote name='aashish2' timestamp='1322564082' post='21193313']
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/96573

I think Force India should keep Sutil. He has been with them since the beginning and will greatly aid the team as they try to make the next leap forward. Hopefully Kimi takes a fancy to Vettel or someone else for his on track attraction

I agree with what you say about Grosjean. He definitely has the potential and needs a second chance. Not just any chance but a shot in a decent car. For some reason Grosjean reminds be about Bourdais. Both are great race car drivers and both had a terrible time matching up to expectations.
[/quote]

VJ really screwed up by not annoucing the drivers. Sutil and Di Resta has performed really well and granted that they have Hulkenberg, Sutil could be decent this coming year. As for Renault they screwed up even more by essentially promising Grosjean a drive only to have Senna perform really well in the last part of the season, re-sign Pretov after he badmouthed the team, announce that Robert may come back mid season only to take it back, and now sign Kimi.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:13 PM

This was announced before Brazil, so why did the FIA not put de la rosa in? http://www.espnstar.com/motorsport/f...a-to-join-HRT/