Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

The **ap2 jared / DPK jared** build thread.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KiChad
Your engine bay Is on another level!
thanks! i tried to keep it clean and not shaved and empty.

Originally Posted by toddxxx
So nice! Can't wait to keep going through the years
Thank you!! i try to post as much as possible to make it up to date.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:10 PM

Wekfest LA 2012 has arrived and JHPUSA requested me to show as their booth car.
here we are parked and hood taken off displaying pretty much a 95% completed product.
Repainted the VC gloss blk, added bungs for the catch can, added the skunk2 header, Vibrant vanjen clamp, polished the intake mani and coil pack cover.

the man Rywire Ryan displaying his finished product.

I believe the car placed 2nd place s2000 that day.

i was hitting up all the local shows to help push the Rywire product line and just show off the bay.
Nisei Japanese festival in Los Angeles Aug 2012.

The car placed 2nd that day.

for those that wondered. 1st place s2000, went to my good friend geoff aka Clout.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:40 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

you had your white car and your black car at the show! mugenception!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! you painted your car white during the show and installed ITBs? #gamechanger
Old 05-02-2015, 06:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jaredddd

Where's today's update lol
Old 05-03-2015, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
you had your white car and your black car at the show! mugenception!
yup mindf@#k for sure.

Originally Posted by juntsky
WOW! you painted your car white during the show and installed ITBs? #gamechanger
yup!! even had time to tune the ITBs at the show.

Originally Posted by WhyW
Jaredddd

Where's today's update lol
i was pre gaming for the Mayweather vs Pac fight. plus Pac lost so i drank my sorrows away. so there was no update.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:38 AM

So here we are in 2012, and i ran into problems with my car. I actually had this car down for a good year due to going back and forth on engine set ups.

in early 2012 i ended up selling my black Volk se37k's to help pay for the Rywire job. For those that wonder, putting a bay like this wasn't as cheap as you might think.
A lot goes into something like this. Its not like you just buy a Rywire mil-spec harness and boom its clean! I ran a good number of braided lines and AN fittings to give more of that clean/race look. Plus i repainted the entire bay 3 times to get it where it should be. So please keep this in mind if anyone is trying to do a bay similar to this, to give your self a good budget. Off the top of my head, the whole project ran me 6-8k. That is for the Rywire harness, AEM engine management. materials for engine dress up, installation of all wiring and rewiring, pulling the motor/respraying the bay and last re-installation of the motor. +Tuning the car on AEM.

i connected ideas with Alex for Sheepey built and we both decided to run a crazy intake mani. Sheepey got a really good deal on an AFI intake mani so we decided to run that.

After tuning at Dartan tuning in san diego car put down 200whp. it wasn't too impressed. I actually didn't like how bulky the look the intake mani was in the bay.
I pretty much wasted my time and money thinking it was a good idea getting a fancy Turbo mani on a NA car. yup...live and learn.

I ended up selling the intake mani and connected with Ballade sports to get me their bored out OEM intake mani.
To be Continued....
Old 05-03-2015, 03:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is your AC line right next to your header? I don't see a heat shield- did you get a lot of heat soak with your AC?
Old 05-03-2015, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by WhyW
Is your AC line right next to your header? I don't see a heat shield- did you get a lot of heat soak with your AC?
In the pic it is, the ac is currently disconnected. The Heater hose is the rubber line that looks like its kissing the header, it has been relocated as well.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

engine bay! i use your pics frequently as motivation and to garner ideas for my own. i am pretty sure i am about to have the slowest tuck job in the history of the s2000, one part at a time lol. i need some rywire parts, hook it up!

Quick Reply: The **ap2 jared / DPK jared** build thread.