Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

ALBERTS2K Build

Old 12-01-2016, 06:23 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Haven't been updating my build lately, but since my last post, I received most of the exterior parts to which I consider the exterior being complete. So I always had plans to remove the soft top since it's under the hardtop and barely used, and also to shed some unused weight. When I installed the soft top couple years ago, it took me about the whole day by myself, whereas removing it took me 5-6 hours start to finish, including cleaning up the interior while interior pieces were removed. Fairly easy process once you remember the installation steps.

62 lbs 11oz of weight removed. This is with soft top left and right motors included.

Hondata K Pro w/ OEM parts:

Nagisa Seat Rail:

RECARO RSG ver. 2016:
Unwrapping this package literally took me 7 minutes to open up. Japanese also take wrapping as an art form lol.

RECARO Side Protector:

Jade Seat Belt Guide:

Such a great quality seat.

VOLTEX TYPE 2 1700mm:

275mm Titanium wing stands:

VOLTEX 30mm extenders:

FABULOUS / VARIOUS, Modulo Emblems, CF mirror garnish:
FIY VARIOUS is the other segment brand of FABULOUS. ファブレス公式サイト

J's Racing Bonnet Pins:

TOP SECRET CF Hood:

I got really lucky finding this hood. Was about to place an order from Top Secret Japan, which would take several months to receive. Around the same time a friend of mine in Japan told me he his friend was selling his Top Secret hood, and whaddya know; turned out it was in very good condition and in Silverstone. Will be posting full shots of the car as most of the parts have been installed.

Last edited by ALBERTS2K; 12-01-2016 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:48 PM

VARIS Rear Diffuser:

Old 12-01-2016, 05:57 PM

Currently how she sits. Installed the J's Racing bonnets, and removed the grills from the vents on the Top Secret hood. Almost there how I want it aesthetically. Sleek and simple clean lines. Simplicity to an extent.

Needs to be cleaned up a bit thou.
The following users liked this post:
TKY (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks fabulous!
Old 12-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Man, I love your car. Nice to see someone not go down the usual path and spec some rare parts. Looking at your parts list, I never would have thought I'd like the outcome but it all works together so well. Hopefully, the next time I'm in California, I'll see it in person.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:56 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

This may honestly be my favorite car on this site. I really, really dig your choices in parts.
The following users liked this post:
ALBERTS2K (12-03-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 03:59 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Man, I love your car. Nice to see someone not go down the usual path and spec some rare parts. Looking at your parts list, I never would have thought I'd like the outcome but it all works together so well. Hopefully, the next time I'm in California, I'll see it in person.
Thanks man I appreciate it my man . My profession is in Industrial design, so my job is dealing with the visual, so we tend to overthink things/thinking differently when it comes to putting things together lol. And It just so happens the things I like most are either overlooked, haven't been seen before, or hard to find or obtain, which is only possible from good friends and relatives that can obtain those items. Yea man you should come to the Bay! Let me know if you ever do.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
This may honestly be my favorite car on this site. I really, really dig your choices in parts.
Thanks Cody, I just wished the parts I chose were cheaper lol.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:00 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Man you're putting on parts i've never seen or heard of because they're so rare...
Very nice build
Old 01-08-2017, 04:13 AM

Cut bumper x Varis diffuser Installed x Fabulous emblem re-badged:
Overall I'm satisfied with the result of fitment of the diffuser; that is, with some modifications which had to be done. I had intentions of cutting the exhaust cap, but knew the Varis diffuser was not going to fit as-is, so I had to cut a small portion of the right side to clear the Kent Works exhaust.

From the side view, the diffuser suits the overall shape of the front pretty well.

The build is coming along, and thought I was finished with the exterior, but couldn't help it so some parts will be coming in soon. Hopefully when the parts arrive, it will be in the books when it comes to the exterior, as I can focus solely in performance oriented upgrades.

Last edited by ALBERTS2K; 01-08-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Quick Reply: ALBERTS2K Build