Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

ATS*Garage//Operation Sharkie: Take A Look!

Old 11-29-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S1 S2
Nice!
Thanks!! Stay tune for more updates
Old 11-29-2015, 04:39 PM

So I have been enjoying my new s2000 for about 8 months now and it's been such a fun car to own and drive! This is probably one of the best purchases I've ever made. It's been fun modifying the car into the picture I've had in my head of it. I've had no problems with the car what so ever. But over the Halloween weekend I had gone out of town with a couple of my friends and I had left my car at a ride share spot over the weekend. Well when I came back I noticed that my car had been vandalized! Someone had keyed the car all around and smashed the front windshield. I don't think I have ever been so pissed. I had looked so hard to find the perfect S2000 and to see if in this condition was saddening. Anyway I got home and called my insurance company and started the claim. These are some of the pics of the damage.

If you look closely you can see the long key mark down the side of the car!

Later on that week the insurance people came by and did the adjustment on the car. They sent me a check later on that week. I wanted to send the car in ASAP! I have a good friend that owns a body shop and they have done amazing paint/body work for me before so it was a easy choice for me to take it there! Here are some pics a couple of days after I dropped the car off at the shop

Here you can see the large key scratch on the hood!

So since I was getting some body work and paint work done I figured I'd get some things shaved on the car. I decided I was going to have the side mirrors shaved off and replace them with some MRacing Type 1 mirrors. I also was going to have the antenna, side markers and Honda emblem holes shaved on the front bumper and trunk. So I came to the shop and told my friend and they got to work on the body work.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:36 PM

So durning this time frame I wasn't able to go to the body shop and take photos because I was in LA for basketball. But while I was away I had decided that I was going to do a full color change on the car... The only problem was that I couldn't figure out what color I wanted to paint the car hahaha but I guess that's kind of a good problem to have.. It's not that I have anything against silverstone grey but since I was having all this body work done I might as well do a color change.

For some time now I've been looking to a OEM hard top. But I was having a hard time finding one in a good condition. So instead of buying a OEM one I decided to get a genuine Mugen top. Once again I called my friend Matt over at ICB Motorsport and he had one last top in stock. So I purchased it and he shipped it out. When I arrived home the top had already arrived!

So the next day I went to the body shop to drop off the Mugen hardtop and MRacing mirrors.. They had already started the body work on the car.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:01 PM

Ok so way back when I had first bought my RPF1s I knew those wheels weren't forever lol. Those were just a set of wheels that I could have in the car until I could figure out what wheels I really wanted to put on the car. Well it took me some months to figure out what wheels but I ended up wanting a set of double pressed black 17x 9.5 Volk TE37SLs. I saw the Evasive Motorsports had a set in stock so I called them up. They confirmed that they did have one last set in stock and since I was going back to LA for basketball for a week I was able to actually go in to the shop and pick them up in person. Here were a couple of pretty sick track s2000s they had at the shop.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:06 PM

Paying for my TEs

Old 11-29-2015, 06:17 PM

When I got home from LA I took the wheels over the body shop to get the wheels test fitted. Here's a picture of the wheels in the rear.

I also had decided that I wanted to put a Mugen SS wing on my car. So while I was in LA for basketball I called Matt up and he sent one over so it would be there when I got home.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:59 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Great build so far! It's sad that people are such assholes
Old 11-29-2015, 07:12 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Damn, you play for the Lakers or what?!
Old 11-29-2015, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by RAizzle
Great build so far! It's sad that people are such assholes
Thanks!! And yeah at first I was really pissed off because I had searched long and hard to find a s2000 that was in good condition.. And then to just see it ruined really made me mad. But in the end it's all good cause now I get nice fresh paint lol
Old 11-29-2015, 08:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Nice car man!

Quick Reply: ATS*Garage//Operation Sharkie: Take A Look!