Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Breyeun's basic NFR build

Old 06-09-2016, 09:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

APR Front Splitter, APR Cooling Plate, Wheels.

I got a great deal from a local and purchased an APR carbon fiber front wind splitter. I previously wanted this, but didn't really want to buy new, so I opted for the LowProAero lip protector just for the sake of protecting my lip from scraping. With this wind splitter, there are actually functional purposes in regards to air flow and downforce. I'm probably the last person to talk to in regards to these benefits because I don't push my car at a track or autox (for now...). I just love how it looks and it helps that I will be running a CF J's diffuser as well as Downforce side diffusers. All CF underneath soon.

My buddy had been trying to get my AlloyCraft radiator cooling plate for a little bit now because that was the last piece he needed for his engine bay. I was going to sell it to him anyway, but he was able to find the perfect replacement for me. APR CF radiator cooling plate. Swapped cooling plates with him and it worked out perfectly for the both of us. I like the APR CF much more and it suits the rest of my car.

Before:

Breyeun's basic NFR build-qzvjkrc.jpg

Current:

Breyeun's basic NFR build-sybnsrf.jpg

Volk CE28 17x9.5+50

I've been contemplating what wheels to go with for my next set. I wanted an "end-game" set. Looks, quality, and sizing drew me to this set. I missed out on the first group buy cause I was indecisive, but knew I couldn't miss this one. Coming in November/December so the wait is agonizing!

Old 07-25-2016, 11:09 AM

Big exterior changes have happened in the last month and a half and I'm very excited about it. I really, really need proper photos.

To summarize:

- Bought 17x9+45 silver RPF1s for beater wheels
- Sold the RPF1s
- Sold my Forbidden rep Mugen Hard Top in NFR
- Purchased a Berlina Black OEM Hard top with all hardware
- FINALLY installed my authentic J's CF Rear Diffuser

I just need my side diffusers and CE28s to come in (won't be awhile ) and I'll be "finished" with the exterior of the car.

I'm really happy to get this OEM hard top because I've been wanting one for a long time now and this was an excellent deal. Now I'm debating paint matching.

I have also been trying to get away from replica parts and shoot for authenticity. The last piece is the Tamon spoiler. IMO, the authentic one is priced kinda ridiculously. If I replace my spoiler, I would most likely roll with an OEM CR Wing.

More pics to come hopefully...

Breyeun's basic NFR build-blmqdnm.jpg

Breyeun's basic NFR build-jjfmkre.jpg
Old 07-25-2016, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this build so much. Great thread, great car.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:11 AM

Here is an "I don't know what I'm doing" edited picture of my car as she currently sits. I'm still working on some fitment issues with the diffuser, but that was to be expected as I'm putting a part meant for the AP1 onto my AP2.

Breyeun's basic NFR build-nhed17e.jpg
Old 09-26-2016, 02:40 PM

In my second paragraph up top, I said I would try to keep this car simple and not "over mod" or change things up so much. Welp, that went out the door. My car is still simple, for the most part, but I've changed my mind too many times with mods and what I would like to do.

Big changes coming soon and hopefully I'll have some really nice pics to show. Also cleaned up this build thread too and removed previous silverstone content.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait to see it!
Old 09-26-2016, 04:30 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Car looks great man!
Old 09-27-2016, 03:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

car looks great! what suspension were you using when you had the TC105's on?
Old 09-27-2016, 03:39 PM

Thanks guys! New wheels just arrived, but I haven't even seen them yet! I want to reveal, but would like to have them mounted first.

@808_runwarrior: I was and still am running Buddy Club N+ coilovers. I was planning on getting Ohlins DFV, but got an OEM hard top instead
Old 10-16-2016, 08:11 AM

Welp.

Things got a bit delayed because the weather in the Seattle area has just been awful.

Small teaser of whats to come

Bronze Volk CE28N 17x10et45 by Brian Thai, on Flickr

Quick Reply: Breyeun's basic NFR build