Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Breyeun's basic NFR build

Old 10-28-2016, 03:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Changes

First off, I just wanted to state that I absolutely hate the S2KI changes.

Anyway, there have been a decent amount of changes, particularly due to my flip flopping on what to do. I even debated selling my car at one point because I felt lackluster with the S2000 and wanted a new car. I do still feel this way actually, but to a far lesser degree.

Since I last updated (July 25th), I made a few exterior changes. The first was to remove my J's Rear Diffuser. I liked it a lot when I saw it on other cars, but when I installed mine, I just wasn't feeling it that much. Maybe it's because I didn't complement it well with other exterior pieces or maybe it was because it was on an AP2 rear. Either way, it was a neat piece to have (still have it actually...for sale!), but not what I was looking for.

Next, I sold my WedsSport TC105N. Before I purchased these specs, I almost pulled the trigger on the same wheels except 17x9+49 in the rear. I regret not getting those because 17x9+35 with 255/40 is a difficult fit without running a ton of camber and pulling the fenders. I thought the concave look would outweigh the difficulty of fitting it, but I was wrong. The flat face of the +49 looks good anyway. With that said, I ended up trading these wheels for RPF1s plus cash. I'm still selling the RPF1s, but am possibly using them for winter wheels.

After that, I finally installed my Downforce 1x1 CF Side Diffusers. I bought these brand new as I have always liked the looks of them. Side diffusers, to me, make the car look a certain way. More "wholesome" and to the ground. Probably just my own perception of it, but oh well. I like them. I also have the Downforce 1x1 CF Front Splitter to pair with my OEM AP2 Lip. I figured I'd give the combo a shot and hopefully I don't break it. It hasn't been installed yet as I'm still figuring out ride height and making adjustments.

Finally, the reason I sold my TC105N.

I finally got my hands on my "end game" set of wheels. Volk CE28N in bronze 17x10+45

It's funny because when I first bought my S2000, I told others I would probably never get CE28N because they didn't appeal to me that much. The more I saw them and saw the quality of the wheels, I grew to like them a lot and wanted them on my car. I previously put a deposit down for the 17x9.5+50 squared group buy. I was pretty set on this sizing and had already waited four months for them to come in. Then I saw that Evasive Motorsports got their shipment of 17x10+45 and they told me that they had one bronze set left. As I wasn't planning on running a BBK any time soon, I knew I had to go for the concave look. I called up Evasive and they shipped it out to me quickly in a few days. I combined the set with 255/40 Hankook RS3 all around and got new Rays Engineering anodized bronze lug nuts. My biggest issue with this set is that the flat bronze center caps are not compatible. I truly hate seeing the axle nut and the rust right in the center of my wheels.

Review of the wheels: Disclaimer: I have not tracked my car nor have I done any autox. I've driven on them for about 300 miles now and they feel so much better than my previous wheels. The car feels like there is so much grip and I'm planted to the ground. Conditions here in the Seattle area have been wet and wetter, but I have been driving just fine without any worries. I haven't had wheels as wide and meaty all around as these. Fitment wise, the rear is perfect. I'm running about -3.3 camber and my rear is not pulled. Standard roll. The fronts are where some difficulty lies. I am running about -2.3 camber and still rub a little. My fender liner is trimmed and I'm lowered to a little more than one finger gap. I'm planning on pulling my fenders just a little and adjusting my ride height a little. It should be all good after. Overall, I'm very happy with the wheels.

Last edited by Breyeun; 10-28-2016 at 03:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (10-30-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 06:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Love the idea of a basic build, subscribing. Keep it up!
The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (10-30-2016)
Old 10-29-2016, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Such a clean, good looking car! Personally, I think CE28s are the perfect choice for an S.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:52 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Makes me want a oem BB hardtop!
Old 10-30-2016, 09:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys! I really like the black hard top look, but I think I would actually prefer an NFR hard top. I think black looks better on other colors like sebring or the yellows