Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

ClemsonWill's 2nd S2000 build

Old 01-31-2017, 03:56 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow! You've definitely been through some vehicles over the years. The Z looked great and the Jeep is pretty bad ass. Your new S2000 looks mint! Any thoughts on what your plans are with it or just taking it slow for now?
Old 02-01-2017, 06:41 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Tama! I'm moving towards suspension and a supercharge. At least that is my current plan. I have been through this enough to know plans change. I'm not going nuts with it though. Just something to have fun tinkering with while driving it around town, the occasional trip to the mountains, or maybe some auto-x events.

Next mod will likely be coilovers. I'm leaning towards the Ohlins but I can get a great deal on the KW V3s. So I haven't pulled the trigger on either.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ClemsonWill
Thanks Tama! I'm moving towards suspension and a supercharge. At least that is my current plan. I have been through this enough to know plans change. I'm not going nuts with it though. Just something to have fun tinkering with while driving it around town, the occasional trip to the mountains, or maybe some auto-x events.

Next mod will likely be coilovers. I'm leaning towards the Ohlins but I can get a great deal on the KW V3s. So I haven't pulled the trigger on either.
nothing crazy but mentions supercharger in the same sentence, I like it haha.

Ohlins are nice we actually dyno'd a set of DFV's and they were similer to our Stance XR1 Coilovers. Don't waste your hard earned cash on KWs (In my opinion)
Old 02-01-2017, 11:43 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

^Lol right, a supercharged set up would be awesome! I feel like the Ohlins are the way to go especially with the custom valving and swift spring upgrades. But KWs are a great coilover as well so it will be interesting to see what happens. The past vehicles have shown you pick out some quality parts so this will be a good build to follow.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:52 PM

Yeah, I guess SC and nothing crazy really don't go together. But then again it's all perspective. One of my best friends had a 600 hp Turbo S2000 and I currently have a family member with a 500hp SC S2000. I would be shooting for a somewhat mild 350 whp compared to these other builds. SC will be down the road though. I'm in no hurry.

I'm definitely leaning towards the Ohlins. Hopefully pull the trigger on them soon. :thumbsup:
Old 02-04-2017, 05:15 PM

European OEM floor mats installed

Ugh! Terrible picture. Oh well. Here is what the carpet looked like after installing the pegs. I didn't want to cut the carpet all up like the instructions said to do. So I took the OEM carpet out and just cut holes the size of the pegs and snaps. Seems to work well.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
Old 03-07-2017, 09:43 AM

It took longer than expected to get my registration and tag squared away so I took the time to get some stuff done on the S. Car went up on jack stands in early Feb and the task of full body paint correction began.
  1. Started with Zaino clay bar and Griot's Garage Speed Shin. This removed all contaminants made the surface really smooth.
  2. I then took the 7424XP and began to hit the car with M105. After that hit it with the M205.
  3. Once I hit everything with a coat or 2 of polish, I covered the car in Mequire's Black Wax. This is the first time I have used this stuff. It went on pretty easy but I'm not sold on it's level of protection. Time will tell.
Once the pollen subsides, I will get some good pictures of how the paint looks. I pretty happy with the way it turned out.

I also did some fluid changes. The dealership stated that they changed everything but I have little confidence in what they say so I changed some of the fluids myself.
  • Changed the motor oil to Amsoil 10w30.
  • Flushed the transmission fluid with Honda MTF.
  • Flushed the Differential fluid with Amsoil 75w110
I also installed the OEM Hardtop strikers.

I'm happy with how everything turned out. I've got more parts on order so more updates and pictures soon.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:45 AM

Refinished my CR wheels. More coming soon.

The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (03-07-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 07:43 AM

Update: Still waiting on the center caps for the CR wheels. Apparently the place I ordered them from only had a pair so they were ordering a 2nd pair from somewhere overseas. If you want a spare set of these, now might be the time. From what the guy said, it appears these center caps are getting more difficult to get.
Tires are on order. I finally decided on the RE71Rs in 225/45 and 255/40. Ordered them from Tire Rack. Apparently the 255s are still on the boat so it will be a week or two before I get them. With all this, the wheels have been on the back burner.

So I decided to work on my suspension. Bought the Ohlins DFV coilovers from Urge. They gave me a great price and Patrick even followed up to make sure I was happy. I'm very impressed with their customer support. I lifted the car up and started installing the coils a couple weeks ago. When I had spare time available I would work on the install. For now I went with Ohlins recommended preload and drop. Here are a couple of comments on the install before I get to the pictures:
  1. Be prepared to replace some of the plastic fasteners when removing the interior panels of your trunk. I have several tools designed to remove these and I still broke 2 of them.
  2. Also, I read where lots of people removed the fuel tube when accessing the driver rear shock tower. I didn't need to do that. You can work around the rubber boot with an extension and deep socket. However I did need to take the rear shock tower brace off.
  3. Don't forget to load your bushings before you torque them down.

Last edited by ClemsonWill; 04-12-2017 at 07:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (04-13-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 07:50 AM

Wheel gap before

After install

Quick Reply: ClemsonWill's 2nd S2000 build