Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

F2k swap

Old 03-03-2017, 08:56 AM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Very impressive!
Old 03-04-2017, 06:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
Very impressive!
Thank you. I do what I can when I can to continue to make this build my own.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:39 AM

So moved back to Pittsburgh and started a new job over the last few months. I've acquired a few parts to continue building on my electrical, fuel, and cooling systems.

Car ready to move from Cleveland.

Parts I have collected. Aem oil pressure transducer, electrical supplies for electrical panels, gm ethanol content sensor, and an overpriced gauge for my FPR.

These pictures dont show much but I ran the wiring for my fans. They will fall into a distribution block on the electrical panel inside the vehicle.

I have the opportunity to start back into this project after the holidays. So I will be working on all wiring to include fabricating an electrical panel for both ecu and power connections and fuel wiring. The fuel system will be worked on as well. I have to finish up a bit of inside harness work along with re-doing my engine harness. I will post up as much as I can in the future.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:49 AM

So my smart phone camera crapped out so unfortunately I have no pictures to post just yet. I've been working on my fuel and coolant system as of late. The temps in Pittsburgh have been brutal so I've been straying away from my garage. With a handful of warmer days I had a chance to do some work. I dropped my fuel tank because my dumb ass completely forgot to drain it six years ago when I put the car under the knife. I'm in need of a new one now.

With doing that I figured I should prepare the car for a rear disc brake swap so I purchased some new ebrake cables to toss in for when a new tank gets mounted. I plan on using some brackets for a rear disc conversion over integra swing arms. I also installed some new rear LCA bushings because I noticed the old ones were worn.

I've been working on modding my stock civic fuel pump hanger to fit the walbro pump with some bulkhead fittings. It's been a trial and error so far but I might have figured it out. I have a bit more to cut and drill. I have my feed and return lines purchased along with hose end fittings ready. I just need to purchase some hardware for mounting. I'll be using smaller rivet nuts to mount the lines under the car.

​​​​​​The last radiator 1" AN fittings have been obtained for my bottom radiator line as well. I've been installing those when I have time, well more like fighting them, because 1" an hose end fittings are a pain.... but it's getting there. The bottom hose is longer then I would like but I'm severely limited with space so I have to make due with what I have.

I have a handful of things to purchase for my fuel/electrical progress but I should be able to tackle it in the upcoming months. Besides the fuel hanger/pump, brakes, lines, and remaining radiator line I have a handful of smaller tasks to complete. I need to go back and finalize my smaller AN lines by applying some anti seize and torquing them down.

After everything above is well done I'll move into my electrical panel and pump wiring. Mcmaster has some goodies that should make things easy to fab and build up.

keep on keeping on
Old 04-07-2018, 05:25 AM

Some photos showing my stock fuel pump hanger modification to fit the larger walbro. Used gates line and staying 3/8" through the bulkhead for the feed. I will step up to 1/2" feed with an adapter on top. I have to buff off the build up and seal the hanger with something that won't break down and it should be finished. I flared and bent some ss tubing for the return line to place returning fuel near the sock.

Unfortunately no progress has been made on the f2k. Had to deal with a hit and run ruining one of my civic wagons and finding another daily. Just haven't had time for the big build.

(I'm only smiling in the last photo because I got the car to move. Suspension was bent in and wouldn't let me move the car)

Last edited by Madr0x; 04-07-2018 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-04-2018, 07:07 AM

Some progress since the last update.

New daily that replaced my totalled wagon.

Replaced my fuel tank with a replacement.

Rebuilt my stock fuel pump hanger; Resealed with POR's tank sealant and installed fittings/hose/etc.

Ran my feed and return lines. Mounted the lines with rivet nuts. I have the flexfuel sensor in for mock up and need to attach the AN fittings to make it more secure. Used some ABS plastic to build my fuel pump electrical panel on and mounted it near the fuel pump door in the rear of the car. Installed a ID F750 filter with a custom bracket that a good buddy of mine helped me with. I also dropped the fullblown fuel rail and picked up a radium engineering rail to better accommodate my FPR set up.

Finally knocked out my bottom radiator hose also and welded on a 2nd clutch stop.

Last edited by Madr0x; 11-04-2018 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:53 AM

I have a few things to wrap up on my fuel system for it to be finished then I'm moving into electronics full force for the winter. I already started de looming a second engine harness for attempt number two. I tried getting too fancy with the first harness and deleted a few things I shouldn't have. So thinking positive; I'll have a good mock up harness to use now for lengths. So ultimately for this swap you need to remove a few sensors and extend a few others... for the engine. The transmisson is a whole different story that I'll address later.

Besides the harness I have to fab up my electrical panel and start connecting the dots. Wideband, boost solenoid, flex sensor, fans, oil pressure, and oil temperature need to come in. The biggest part will be getting the engine harness plugged into the OEM 6th gen wiring to power the ECU and everything else that is needed. I'll update as much as possible either in picture or video format. Updating the thread is tedious when it comes to adding pictures. Thanks for following.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:14 AM

So I'm pleased to say that the mechanical side of my fuel system is finally complete. Fuel pump, pump wiring, lines and fittings, fuel rail, FPR, dampner, and flex sensor are in. I was waiting in fittings for the flex sensor so that was my delay. Everything is installed and supported appropriately with clamps. Next step is to get some fuel in the tank and circulate for a leak check.

Completing the injector wiring and landing the flex sensor wiring will complete the electrical portion.

Here's a quick walk through video. Uploading pictures is such a pain in the dick anymore so I think I'm just going to shoot videos from my smart phone.

Last edited by Madr0x; 01-19-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:41 AM

Used swivel fittings on the FPR.

All orings lubed.

So in a previous post I showed a pictured of the flex sensor fittings I purchased from Russel. They were 5/16 and were the wrong size. The GM sensor use 3/8 tubing... So you need 3/8 to -6an for the sensor. Above shots show my feed line then the added return line with the flex sensor. I used standard rubber mounts to keep the lines mounted for minimal movement.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:08 AM

I have been working on my second harness which has been a bit more of a challenge compared to the first one. This one has a lot of broken connectors and needs replacements. So I started replacing connectors using my other harness. So far Ive removed everything that I wont be using... just like the first harness. Currently I am checking continuity/resistance in each wire before I start extending wires.

I fabricated my electrical panel as well. The panel itself is a 12"X12" 1/2" thick ABS piece. Holes were drilled and tapped for mounting. I used a few rivet nuts for mounting locations and a piece of aluminum I bent a while back to use as a mock-up piece on my radiator mount. I used threaded rod for a few stand offs and some carbon fiber to help in securing the V2. The velcro strips provided arent appealing at all but I used them.... the ECU feels pretty secure. Im using a few relays for switched 12v and fan power. Terminal blocks will be used for providing power, signals, and grounds in a neatly fashion.

The last photo is the most recent work Ive done over the weekend. I started landing wires for the relays. I ran out of some supplies so I need to re-up and continue. So currently I am landing wires for the relay powering, sensors, wideband, and pinning into the D connector on the AEMv2. In parallel, I am also continuing the harness work and I am hoping to have the harness and plug and chug wiring done soon. After I get everything landed to where it needs to be.... I have to start on the tricky wiring. That is having the AEM integrate with the OEM wiring to act as if an OEM set up. I want to keep the key to run everything as if from the factory. So I need to connect the dots for powers, grounds, relays, etc. I also need to finish my ap1 cluster wiring which isnt that big of a deal. I just kid of forgot about it haha.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: F2k swap