Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

2006 nfr - oem+

Old 12-15-2022, 11:23 AM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 2006 nfr - oem+

Long overdue. May 25, 2018 was the day I finally purchased my first (and current) S2000. I originally planned on a GPW/Black AP2, but found out quickly that they are not easy to find...stumbled upon a 2006 NFR, 44k mile 1-Owner for a fair price I didn't want to pass up. It was 360 miles away so I got some pictures and worked up a fair price due to some of the items I would need to upgrade/fix to be happy with. Took a few days off, drove up to MA, took the last drive with the owner, and drove it back home.

The day I purchased it:

Current day:

Specs as of 12/15/22:
EXTERIOR:
CROLLS CUSTOMS NFR REPAINT
OEM HONDA EMBLEMS
XPEL PAINT PROTECTION FILM (HL + BUMPER)
OEM HONDA HARDTOP
RSG HARDTOP RACE BRACKETS
STOPTECH FRONT BBK
STOPTECH SPORT ROTORS (REAR)
STOPTECH STREET PADS (REAR)
STOPTECH BRAIDED LINES FRONT + REAR
OHLINS DFV COILOVERS
WEDSSPORT TC105N 17x9 +49 SQUARED
HANKOOK RS4 255/40/17

INTERIOR:
RECARO POLE POSITION (L/R)
PCI SLIDERS + BRACKETS
SEAT BELT EXTENDERS
RECARO SIDE SEAT PROTECTORS
EVASIVE MOTORSPORT JADE SEATBELT GUIDES
HONDA ACCESS FLOOR MATS
RACESENG SHIFT KNOB
GT GOODS LEATHER SHIFT BOOT
TECHNO TOY TUNING 50MM HUB ADAPTER
WORKS BELL RAPFIX SHORT BOSS HUB
OEM HONDA NSX-R HORN BUTTON
MOMO MONTE CARLO 350MM STEERING WHEEL

ENGINE:
K&N INTAKE
BALLADE SPORTS TIMING CHAIN TENSIONER
OEM HONDA SHIFTER PIVOT BALL BUSHING
HKS HIPOWER 75MM SINGLE EXHAUST
BERK TECH HEADER
BERK TECH TEST PIPE
LHT MASTER CYLINDER BRACE

SOON TO COME:
RAYS VOLK CE28SL 17x9 +44
BRIDGESTONE RE-71RS 255/40/17
RAYS L32 DURA-LUGS
RAYS BLACK VALVE STEMS
ARP EXTENDED WHEEL STUDS
MODIFRY DCI HARNESS

I will post a timeline of the progress below...
The following users liked this post:
2NDW1FE (12-22-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 12:14 PM
Jub

Received 384 Likes on 308 Posts

Nice car and good taste in parts. You bought right around same time I did (June 2018 for me) and we're about the same place mod-wise. I haven't made one of these posts yet because I thought my "build" was pretty boring but when I listed out all the mods the other day it has definitely added up. Also, my car has basically been a Jaor.s2k lite build but I'm pretty close to catching up. I'll probably make one soon or at least when I'm putting on parts this off season. I'm jealous of the super clean paint and clean headlights. NFR does look really good when slightly modded. It has definitely grown on me.

Looks like you haven't done a roll bar yet. Are you planning to?
Old 12-15-2022, 12:32 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by dylanhaas
:
CROLLS CUSTOMS NFR REPAINT
What was the reasoning? Looks nice in photos in both before and after, but photos can be misleading.

:HANKOOK RS4 255/45/17
this is a typo right?

:SOON TO COME:
RAYS VOLK CE28SL 17x9 +44
hell yeah

Originally Posted by Jub
I haven't made one of these posts yet because I thought my "build" was pretty boring but when I listed out all the mods the other day it has definitely added up. Also, my car has basically been a Jaor.s2k lite build but I'm pretty close to catching up. I'll probably make one soon or at least when I'm putting on parts this off season.

NFR does look really good when slightly modded. It has definitely grown on me.
Do it! More build threads on here is a good thing.

NFR
Old 12-15-2022, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jub
Nice car and good taste in parts. You bought right around same time I did (June 2018 for me) and we're about the same place mod-wise. I haven't made one of these posts yet because I thought my "build" was pretty boring but when I listed out all the mods the other day it has definitely added up. Also, my car has basically been a Jaor.s2k lite build but I'm pretty close to catching up. I'll probably make one soon or at least when I'm putting on parts this off season. I'm jealous of the super clean paint and clean headlights. NFR does look really good when slightly modded. It has definitely grown on me.

Looks like you haven't done a roll bar yet. Are you planning to?
I purchased a RSG double diagonal roll bar but decided against installing it and sold it to a buddy.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
What was the reasoning? Looks nice in photos in both before and after, but photos can be misleading.
Fender paint was cracked from them being bent prior to purchase, when I rolled the fenders they cracked and dealt with it for 3.5 years. The car had a few dents, deep scratches, and was sandblasted to hell.

I was criticized by friends/family for spending all the money to repaint it because they all thought it looked great. But I am very particular, so I wanted it to be re-done. Plus, Josh Croll is a fantastic painter and I was excited to have him work on my car.

Plus, Honda paint is a joke to begin with
Old 12-15-2022, 01:05 PM
Jub

Received 384 Likes on 308 Posts

Why no roll bar? You're basically track prepped. Do tracks near you allow you to run with no bar? I'd rather not be cutting up my car but I want to use it so that's my plan for the off season.

Hah, I'd love to have mine repainted too but I don't wanna pay for it, it still looks pretty good, and it's just going to get beat up again. If clear starts peeling or really looked awful, I'd have to repaint. I'm not as low of mileage as you though so I am not remotely expecting it to be perfect.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jub
Why no roll bar? You're basically track prepped. Do tracks near you allow you to run with no bar? I'd rather not be cutting up my car but I want to use it so that's my plan for the off season.

Hah, I'd love to have mine repainted too but I don't wanna pay for it, it still looks pretty good, and it's just going to get beat up again. If clear starts peeling or really looked awful, I'd have to repaint. I'm not as low of mileage as you though so I am not remotely expecting it to be perfect.
No roll bar for that reason, I didn't want to cut into my car. I don't believe tracks around here require roll bars if I have a hardtop, but I could be wrong. Mileage aside, I don't expect my car to be perfect either-especially with how I drive it-but I do appreciate it being as nice as it can be!
Old 12-15-2022, 01:50 PM

Default First 2 months

There would many long-winded posts to follow, so I decided to keep it short and sweet and post a few of my "moments".

First month of ownership (May-June 2018) was to get a feel for the car, and figure out what I needed to replace. First was to replace the old, lazy Dunlops, and awful lowering springs. I wanted the car to actually handle like it should. Ended up ordering Ohlins DFV coilovers and Wedsports TC105N, wrapping them in 255/40/17 Hankook RS4s.

OEM orange to clear side markers.

The original owner kept the car in decent shape, but she's an old girl, so it was time to do the shifter maintenance and all fluids to ensure no problems.

Also did spark plugs, filters, and other fun stuff.

Valve adjustment since it was near the 50k mark.

Maybe 1.5 months into ownership, I said goodbye to my 2011 WRX. It was paid off and I didn't drive it once since I got the Honda, so I sold it, and put the money back into my house!

Old 12-15-2022, 01:55 PM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Any reason the original owner didn't have the correct wheels on it? Dash and console switches confirms this is a 2006 but they had 2004-2005 wheels on it.

No matter they seem to be gone. Just curiosity.

You really gonna put 255mm tires on all four corners?

-- Chuck
Old 12-15-2022, 02:06 PM

The brakes needed to be changed, so I went with stock rotors and Stoptech pads in the rear, and stainless lines all around for preventative measures. Oh yeah, also got a Stoptech Trophy BBK

I managed to become a regular in the RSG store for the first few months, so I upsold myself on a Mugen Style Carbon Hardtop and RSG Double Diagonal Roll Bar

HKS HiPower Single to replace the ear bleeder Invidia

Quick Reply: 2006 nfr - oem+