Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

Old 11-22-2010, 04:17 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red

I figured it's about time I make a post for my current S2000.

I sold my previous S2000 about 5 years ago and I have regretted it everyday since. I started hunting for an S2000 a few years back but I just couldn't find one with the right combination of year/mileage/color/options that I wanted. I knew I wouldn't be happy with anything other than what I was specifically after, and after several close calls (One of which I was holding my pen on the papers for an 08 Apex Blue CR when my buddy called and talked me down) I ended up scoring exactly what I was after.

I have always had this vision of what I thought an S2000 should look like. The hardest part for me has always been wheels, specifically on New Formula Red. Wheels either make of break the color. So as I started the hunt for the car I decided I would eventually end up with a set of Blitz 01's... until I saw another members car here on these boards. A guy posted pictures of his NFR S2000 with a set of wheels I had never seen before and I was instantly in love. I pretty much decided at that point I was going to land me a set of those wheels and save them for the day I managed to find another S2000.

Fast forward a few months, I'm browsing Autotrader. I click a link and to my surprise the member from S2KI had his car listed. After speaking with him for quite some time he offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. Ironically enough not only did the car have the wheels that I had set my mind on, it met ever single other criteria that I had been searching for. 02-03, NFR, no rear wing, no side strakes, no paintwork, no accidents, around 40k or less miles, ect. Only problem was he lives in Indiana and I live in Arizona. After some thinking I decided it was time to finally pull the trigger on another S2000.

I flew out to Indiana and drove the car back. I have a close buddy who lives in Lexington, KY so after picking up the car I drove down there, crashed for a few days, and then proceeded to make the drive home. It only took me two days to make the drive and I had an absolute blast.

I have done a few small things to the car so far, but nothing to major other than the plate. I need to redo the sticker, but I have just been to lazy.

I wanted to get a few pictures of the car as it sits today, so here we go.

Front - Wheel by Teh_Feezy, on Flickr

Front - Wheel - Wide by Teh_Feezy, on Flickr

Rear - Wheel by Teh_Feezy, on Flickr

Side - Truck by Teh_Feezy, on Flickr

Rear by Teh_Feezy, on Flickr

Top - Interior by Teh_Feezy, on Flickr

Goofy White Kid by Teh_Feezy, on Flickr

Side Profile - Wheels by Teh_Feezy, on Flickr

Side Profile by Teh_Feezy, on Flickr

Rear - Wheel (1) by Teh_Feezy, on Flickr

In case you couldn't make out the new plate in the picture above...

License Plate by Teh_Feezy, on Flickr

I want to give a big thank you to Adam - adrs2k. It's because of him that I have all of these fantastic photos of my car. If your in the area and thinking about getting some photos of your car I would recommend sending him a PM.

That's it for now.

I have some parts coming in. Some big, some small, but I really think they will bring the car together.

Updates coming soon.

-Feezy
The following 2 users liked this post by Feezy:
1nate7 (10-27-2016), The Internet (12-27-2016)

Popular Reply

01-21-2024, 06:58 PM
Feezy

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

10.23.2.23 - Photoshoot @ Barrett Jackson Studio

I was contacted in October by the people at Barrett Jackson asking if I would be interested in bringing the S2000 into the studio for photos. As part of winning the FCCS show they wanted to bring my car into the studio to take some photos that they could use for the marketing for next year's event. I of course jumped at the opportunity and brought the car down to the studio. The people at Barrett Jackson were an absolute joy to work with. They were incredibly accommodating and seemed genuinely excited about and interested in the car. We spent several hours in the studio with them playing with lights and angles. They also brought in a video crew and interviewed me about the car while I was standing next to it. Thankfully none of this footage was used.

Some of these photos make the car look like a toy, it's crazy how well the studio photos capture the cleanliness of the car.

And the money shot! This is one of my favorite pictures of the car and looks bonkers as the background on my ultrawide monitor.

Big thank you to the folks at Barrett Jackson not only for the opportunity to take my car into the studio but providing me with copies of the photos. I'm still beside myself that I got the opportunity to do this.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So clean. It's nice to be back in the S, huh? I sold my first one back in 07. Took me until October 2009 to finally get in another one. I love these cars.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Clean
Old 11-22-2010, 04:37 PM

Looks good but the Pedobear with the "dowant" next to the little kid faces is a bit much, stuff belongs on civics. Love NFR though.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:38 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

great reading your plight to getting her... esp. wheels
Old 11-22-2010, 05:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

CLEAN
Old 11-22-2010, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually really like it. Those wheels look really aggressive. Size/offset?
Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Really like the car. Wheels look good.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:40 PM

I love it!!

Quick Reply: Feezy's Build Thread - 2002 New Formula Red