Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

GPW ASM S2000

Old 08-18-2016, 11:26 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Update on the dash display.

I talked to Evasive, and since the Ap1 does not have can. We cannot have a obd2 plug and play. So i am going to be ordering a Defi Advance, and run the individual sensors i need.

-Speed & tach
-water temp
-oil temp
-oil pressure

getting the car slowly prepped to go back to track.
I think i just need to get new pads, and my fluids. Should be ok after that

My buddy is also making me some solid uprights for my wing.
https://www.facebook.com/aerogenics/?fref=ts
Old 08-18-2016, 12:44 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

tried PM'ing you in regards to the bump steer kit, but it wont allow me to for some reason... How do you like the megan kit? Do you notice a difference with both installed? From what ive read, the rear is the only one you technically need. Curious to see how your car responded to those being installed, is it really worth it??

Such a great car, absolutely beautiful. Subscribed
Old 08-18-2016, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cpt. Spock
tried PM'ing you in regards to the bump steer kit, but it wont allow me to for some reason... How do you like the megan kit? Do you notice a difference with both installed? From what ive read, the rear is the only one you technically need. Curious to see how your car responded to those being installed, is it really worth it??

Such a great car, absolutely beautiful. Subscribed
Ill take a look and make sure my inbox isnt full. Sorry about that. Thank you for the kind words

The rear bumpsteer is def a huge difference; especially on an AP1. I had made the change after a few snap over steers at button.

As far as the front goes. It really is hard for me to isolate it. Im sure it is working, but since i had so much done to the front. I am not sure who to give most credit too. I had a ASM GT bar, 20mm bump steer, Subframe Rigid Collar Kit, and Solid Steering Rack Bushings. So although having all this done completely changed the car. The response is out of this world.

When a car is lowered the steering arms have to arc upward to the knuckle. Since front wheel camber changes with suspension movement the steering will work best when the steering arms are near horizontal. Basically with a front bumpsteer all you need to are trying to achieve is to bring the steering arms back to a stock level.

There are multiple MM sizes that depend on how low your car is and how much you are trying to raise the arm back up.

Ofcourse the front bumpsteer will help level out if your car is really low.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw similar ones on eBay. They look awesome!
Old 08-19-2016, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by uh0h50
Who makes those tail lights? Are they plug and play for AP1s?
They are not a plug and play lights for an AP1. you will still need to have the Ap2 conversion done on your car.

Originally Posted by vishes
Saw similar ones on eBay. They look awesome!
yea, i wanted to share them cause i had the test set for the US Model and they been great. There have been a few people who been ordering them and like the lights too.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by tama05
Those tail lights look really great ! Do you have any pictures of them on the car to get a better idea of how they'll look? Excited to see how the cluster setup comes together for your car. I completely agree about the bump steer even though I only have the front done. I've heard there's a more noticeable difference in the upgrade on the Ap1 vs Ap2. Not sure how true that is, but more of what I've read from owners.
yea man, im gonna go take the car out this weekend and ill snap some photos for you guys of them on the car. My buddy is the one who is ordering them and selling them here in the US. He is trying to keep costs down, so he can maybe produce a AP2 light with OEM projectors for a low price for us.

Ill make a new thread this weekend with photos of them on my car and links to the people selling, and video of them in operation from Xtune as well. Just state you are asking about the s2000 lights. they have all the sets reserved from Xtune, and they will get you the lowest price.

If you are interested in ordering a set: 626-956-9159 (ext: 159)
https://youtu.be/jDyosj7954E
Old 09-07-2016, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Build!
Old 02-16-2017, 04:45 PM

Car has been locked up and not driven for months. Got a new battery, and decided i should actually work on it more. Forgot how enjoyable it was being alone and not bothered for a while.
GPW ASM S2000-qlzyotb.jpg

The engine bay is very dirty, and wanted to clean it up a little so i polished up the ASM overflow/ catch can
Ordered a bunch of silver washers to replace all the basic bolts in the engine bay.
New Silver Mugen gen 2.5 Oil cap
New Mugen Radiator cap.
Will be selling the old/ used spoon caps.

Also installed a aluminum dimple die plug cover and ballade sports radiator stays

Next up is too refresh my valve cover with new wrinkle red VHT paint.
As well as paint my my ASM cooling plate white.

I installed my Defi Advance with the Oil temp sensor. Just waiting on moddiction to ship our my Speedo/ tach sensor.
Ordered some low cost hood struts to replace the ones i have as you can see they started to rust.
Also just received a HPS intake arm to replace OEM one as it is started to crack and fall apart near the throttle body.

Then purple power to clean all the gunk off the engine bay.

GPW ASM S2000-tmfesrf.jpg

Last edited by RussianHammer; 02-16-2017 at 04:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 12:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the update OP!
Old 04-17-2017, 11:52 AM

Had a interesting weekend with the car.

didn't realize that the HPS intake arm is such a POS. Should of went with my gut and ordered a Samco.
The HPS arm needs to be trimmed about 1.5" or you will have a nasty fold in the corner.

While i was installing the intake, i decided to finally take off the airpump, and some the hoses that come along with it. It was pretty simple from what you see
in the engine bay. Kept it in tact for the next cali smog check. I do have the Izze delete sensor, but it isnt installed. I was told that the check engine light is suppose to
come on when you disconnect the pump, although it has not. Maybe i need to put some miles on it to see if it does turn on.

GPW ASM S2000-le4pb35.jpg

Took the carbon end plates off the bumper, and moved the ASM fender washers to the radiator plate. I also replaced my hood dampers with some new cheap ones i
found on ebay. some brand called Phase 2. They aren't bad, but they weren't kidding when they say they are not for carbon/ fiber glass hoods. When i installed both i was not able to close
my hood without breaking it. So i ended up just using one of the dampers, and it works just fine. I guess i have a spare now.

GPW ASM S2000-gtopb59.jpg

My buddy Jason from Aerogenics made me some solid base stands, and finally put those on. They are just raw aluminum as the car will be going in for a full respray sometime this year.
So the stands, and bases will be color matches to the car.

GPW ASM S2000-dpxna5u.jpg
GPW ASM S2000-hbjvod8.jpg
The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (04-17-2017)

Quick Reply: GPW ASM S2000