Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

AP1 GPW Build in Hawaii

Old 04-27-2016, 12:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AP1 GPW Build in Hawaii

Hello everyone. Creating a build thread is something I've always wanted to do but never got around to doing it, so i finally decided to start one.

***Sorry about my pictures being crap. Mostly all of the pictures were taken from Instagram. Which if you would like to follow me my IG name is s2k_pezee.

March 2014, I found a unicorn in Hawaii that was for sale on craigslist. A 2001 GPW S2000 with black and red interior. At the time the car had 114k miles. The current owner said it was owned by his sister in law which lived in SoCal and the mileage is from mostly long distance driving. I ended up getting the car for 11k, which is actually really cheap compared to other S2000s for sale in Hawaii.

About a week later I found Buddy Club suspension and S2k Spec Spoon Sw388's for sale on craigslist/Maui, and quickly bout them for a good deal.

In the process of installing the wheels and suspension I borrowed a fender roller from a friend and attempted to roll my fenders. Unfortunately I did not trust myself. So I asked one of my friends to do it since he has done about 20 other cars before.

Hanging out with some good friends.

I know what your thinking. You probably want to see a better pic of this nice NSX.

This is it for now I will keep posting when I get more time. Thanks for looking!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:06 PM

I really like this angle of the car.

I got these off of craigslist for I think $80. Deals!

*Note. I eventually bought the rear as well from password:jdm.

I was really aggravated after finding out the OEM front lip was discontinued. After constantly searching for a OEM front lip I gave up. So I bought this eBay replica from eBay.

I wanted to look as OEM as possible so I ended up buying the OEM molding that went around the front lip.

Thats it for now.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:14 PM

My clutch master cylinder went out.

Me wrenching on the car.

Went out to Buffalo Wild Wings to hang out with homies.

Joey (Stickydiljoe) came to Hawaii and had a little car meet for him.

Thanks Joey for the dope pic of my car!

One of my homies crazy sick builds.

Random gas station photo.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally posting the build!
Old 04-29-2016, 02:19 PM

Sept 15 2014 is the date I got my DD-214 and got out of the Marine Corp. Eight long years. I will miss and never forget the Marine's I served with in Iraq and Afghanistan. Thanks to the Marines of CLB-3 Motor Transportation Maintenance Shop I received a plaque for my service that I will be able to hang up in my house.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:20 PM

haha yea bro! your the first to respond lol! @toejamz
Old 04-29-2016, 04:06 PM

After I got out of the Marine Corp I took a 3 month break of doing nothing besides playing Destiny. After the 3 months was up I got a job at a Hyundai dealership as a intermediate technician. Now I have a shop that I can use to work on my car.

December 2014 I didn't have that much money. But I knew what I wanted to do with my engine. I wanted to go ITBs, so I started doing a lot of research and asking around about information about going the ITB route. Thanks to Feezy I was able to get all the ducks in a row. I ended up going cheap on the ITB setup because I didn't have that much money at the time to buy $4000 ITBs so I went with the OBX ITBs and bought them from amazon for about $1000 I think.

I did not start the installation till 6 months after I bought these.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:18 PM

Me and Silentdancer going to a SCCA event. Back when he had his custom wide body setup.

I was really afraid of mangling up my front fenders, but decided to just take the chance.

Silentdancer and I pondering on how the ITBs would sound.

Some shots of me dodging cones.

Picture from my work place.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:29 PM

Once my taxes came in, I was really surprised I got so much back I ended up splurging on parts. Oh yea, the wife wasn't to happy.

Once I had all the parts I started the ITB installation. Bye Bye intake manifold.

The bottom bolts were a PAIN!

Heres a mock up picture.

FRP installation.

Here it is after installation.

Don't mind the engine bay. It will be cleaned after I'm done.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:45 PM

I should of contacted my tuner and asked him first but I ended up buying the AEM Infinity 6. The tuner I went to had no experience with the Infinity program. I should of just went with the AEM EMS 2. We ran into a few problems trying to get our laptops to connect. Finally after about 2 weeks I was able to connect with my laptop, and now time to tune!!

Unfortunately, my engine kept over heating and we had to postpone the tune. But the tuner got it good enough I can drive it around for awhile.

Took the car up Tantalus and took a picture of Honolulu. Lucky to live in paradise.

Got to meet up with my friends. My friend Mike Matsumoto and his new SSR wheels. Dope!

My favorite pic of my car! Thanks TChun Media and Loweredstandards.

Quick Reply: AP1 GPW Build in Hawaii