Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Herap1's Build Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 03:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

All is good, swap is completed with no issues

Next on the list is installing my ap2 retainers and valve seals.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:13 PM

I had one of my spare valve covers powder coated a different red, also did a few brackets last week. The car will be coming out of storage in a few weeks so I bled my rear brakes today and painted the rear calipers. I also found a nice set of wheels that I will likely be buying on Monday. They are work emotions in gunmetal, I will post up some pictures once I get them.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:02 AM

Well I ended up purchasing the work emotion cr kai's. Super excited to get them installed! I ordered 245/40/17 Hankook v12's for the rear. The front tires are still in decent shape.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:23 AM

Love how it sits on these new wheels

Old 11-03-2016, 02:21 AM

Another good summer with the car! Unfortunately the season is finished, but I really enjoyed it this year. Lots of fun road trips with my grandparents and there s2000.

This past weekend I tucked the car away in my garage with my husbands Integra.. This winter we plan on pulling the engine for a rebuild. It is pushing almost 300k and it loves to drink the oil lol... Other then that I don't have any other big plans. I do want to replace the clutch and possibly buy engine mounts since the motor will be out.

I lucked out over the summer and found a mint driver side seat, so now I just need to find a passenger one. Both of my factory seats were ripped out bad.

Time to start driving the winter beater!!! This is my first season with it, I am looking forward to the snow

Old 11-17-2016, 01:46 AM

I was finally able to source out a hardtop, pics to come
Old 11-27-2016, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that a real bugeye sti?
Old 11-28-2016, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by zerocooldsr
Is that a real bugeye sti?
Yes it is, I imported it over the summer. So far it loves the snow
Old 12-01-2016, 01:26 PM

So as I said previously I was able to get a hardtop. I ended up finding a really nice mugen rep painted berlin black with cf sides. The top was used but came with everything I needed to mount it to my car.

Now here is what unfortunately happened to me. The top was purchased outside of my province which was fine, the transaction went perfect and the seller was absolutely awesome. The shipping company is who screwed me over. I ended up choosing Sameday Worldwide to ship my top... bad idea!! I received the top damaged and my brackets stolen. I made a claim and now the issue is ongoing. They are basically telling me they can only cover $2.00 per lbs so that works out to $50 since it weighed 25lbs. I told them what the top was worth and showed them proof of value along with before and after pictures of the damage. My claim is still open as of now.

I just wanted to share this so no one else will ship with Sameday Worldwide. They are the worse shipping company I have every dealt with, they vandalized and stole my property. I paid close to $200 to have the top shipped to me.

Anyways here is some pictures before and after.

Pictures I received from seller

Pictures of it on my car after I received it from Sameday. All scratched right down to the metal along the front and top. Rear brackets stolen

So now its the waiting game, its been back and worth for almost a month now between myself and the shipping company.
I priced out the cost for damages and it makes me sick. Paint will be over $500 and brackets $500 or less depending what I can find.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:52 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I feel your pain. I shipped my OEM hardtop from NY to CA mounted on the standard DIY PVC stand, with a blanket cover, bubble wrap sheets, wrapped with plastic wrap. When it arrived in CA the stand was purposely broken in pieces so the shippers could jam my hardtop in between our bicycles and my air compressor, to save on space. A bike pedal perforated the head liner and the compressor dented and scratched the aluminum in a couple of spots. Like you, after the shipping company denied everything (actually said they didn't ship a car top) they only paid 50 cents a pound. My insurance company paid about $2000 to have it repaired and tried to sue the shipping company for the full amount of damages but the shippers prevailed and only paid about $70. Yeah, makes a S2000 owner sick.
I think the body shop that performed the work here in California did a good color match, especially when they didn't have the actual car (still in NY). Hopefully no matter how this works out for you your top will be made right. Good Luck.

Last edited by saving4one; 12-02-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Herap1's Build Thread