Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

HighwaystarDoritos Summer's Build *Page 2 Updates*

Old 04-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did your final wheel tire setup end up being. I totaled my s and am going to be building a third one reusing my old wheel setup. 18x9.5 +15 265/35-18 front 18x10.5 +15 285/35-18 rear. Had -3 up front and -4 in the back to fit under +35 front and +40 rear. I'm hoping I can do almost stock camber with these flares. So any info you have would be awesome. Tire width offset camber ride height if you have it. Your car looks great!
Old 04-05-2015, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just going to leave this here. Nice car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm_m8q9we_g
Old 05-21-2015, 07:46 PM

So you've got 13" + 20 rear? What is your front width/offset? I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to run once I get my flares.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend has those ccws on his is250 now
Old 05-22-2015, 03:13 PM

Which ones? The gold ones he originally had on or the full polished ones?
Old 05-23-2015, 07:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The fronts are 18x11.5 +27 (including 30mm spacer because the inner barrel was spec for being in the rear)
Old 05-23-2015, 08:37 AM

Love Summer's transformation, and good call on picking up Bertha. You can never go wrong w/ a truck

I'm not sure what it is, but the ap2/APR front combo has always been so appealing to me.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:24 AM

This was Summer's last car show last year before I sold off the CCW's. I've had the Classics for over 4 years at that point. I feel it was time for a change to wheels that are spec'd a little better.

During that same month I upgraded my Ridgeline to something "practical" for daily use. After a few weeks of research on the different years and issues they have I came to a 2010 Audi A4 Avant loaded to the gills minus the cold weather package.

So wheels are sold and it was time to start shopping around. With under new management over at CCW/WELD i decided not to go back with them and I turned to two wheels I've always wanted on my car which was TE37's or Meister S1's. What made it hard to decide which wheels to go with was Volk was having a damn good sale on their new TE37V Mark II wheels designed for wide body cars. But Meister's have always been on the very top of my list to own so I gave Kamispeed my specs and half down. The waiting begins....
Old 05-18-2016, 07:25 AM

So a few days before I sold my CCW's I asked a good friend of mine that has a gorgeous 92 Acura NSX with a spare set of wheels in his garage. Nothing special, just a set of CCW Classic 5 wheels. Butttttt, the specs were NSX only, 17 up front and 18 in the rear with +38 offset. I had to bolt up 4 +30mm spacers to get the wheels just enough to look decent. I still had about 10-15mm more to be flush with the fenders. Still it looked pretty sweet

Of course there was another reason for them being in his garage, tires were super bald. Now it wouldn't have mattered since she stayed in the garage most of the time but there was an upcoming S2000 Mega Meet at Kamispeed. So he ended up switching his TE37 with me for a few days.... I didn't want to give him back the wheels. It was such a classic simple wheel that who knows how many companies have made reps of it.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:03 AM

The weekend after the Kamispeed S2000 Meet I did another huge mod...but not to Summer, which I could have started my performance side on her but I needed to pimp up the daily just a tad.

So with the Avant done(ish) that next following week I got a call from Kamispeed telling me my wheels arrived. The day finally came, almost 3 months of waiting and it was so worth it. 18x10 and 18x11

A day from picking up my wheels, I took a stab in a dark shot at getting a sponsorship with Toyo Tires from my friend Matt (profit_child). The head guy to marketing loved my car and signed me up with a sponsorship, the following day from picking up my wheels I got fresh set of Toyo R888's to my work where they were ready to get mounted. My anxiety level was high hoping not to get scratched.

Now, I ran into an issue once I dropped the car on the floor and was getting ready to drive her around. When I spec'd the wheels it was planned to run normal street tires, 255 and 285 with a little bit of a stretch in the sidewall, nothing crazy just a bit. Well, running these wheels on race r-compound tires proved to be a different beast. Full lock to lock it rubbed about 10mm on the headlight bracket. Well, I had no choice but to shave some off, about 2 hours or so of cutting and test fitting I finally had the car driveable with no rubbing.

I've never had expensive tires before other than the factory potenza's that came with the car when i bought it. Let alone race tires, its truly amazing how this car corners. After a few run ins with on and off ramps its amazing how far I can push it without losing grip. Sadly I won't be able to track the car on these tires until I finish my sponsorship but hopefully I get a shot to beginning of next year.

I've done nothing but wheels and tires and she's a different beast. I love this car even more now, the stance, the aggressive look, just proud of where she's at. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but every time I open that garage door it puts a smile on my face and thats what matters.

Friend of mine did a quick photoshoot for stancenation a few weeks back, god she looks so good.

Quick Reply: HighwaystarDoritos Summer's Build *Page 2 Updates*