Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

JordanDavidAnderson's GPW AP2

Old 11-30-2014, 06:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default JordanDavidAnderson's GPW AP2

This first section is pretty long, so feel free to skip down to the pictures if that is what you are here for.

Purchase Story:
I know I wanted an S2000 from the time I graduated in University in 2011. It was more of a dream because I tend to be on the cautious side with money and didn't think I would have enough disposable income to ever realistically consider buying an S2000. Fast forward to 2013 and I have been working as an engineer for about 1.5 years at a really good, well paying job in Newfoundland, Canada. In May I was turning 25 and decided that for my birthday I was going to buy myself my dream car. I started using AutoTrader in about February checking out the available cars in Ontario. I was dead set on a Grand Prix White AP2. I wasn't having a ton of luck. I did find a Silverstone AP2 with the red/black interior for sale, but I was dead set on getting a GPW so I decided to pass. Sitting in the airport on a late April Sunday night waiting to go back to Newfoundland, I decided to pop open AutoTrader and filter for S2000s for sale in Ontario with the date sorted for newest listings on top. Well wouldn't you know, the first listing was a completely stock 2006 GPW with 28,000km (17,400mi) for sale about 4.5 hours from my house in Ontario, and it had only been listed for a few hours! I contacted the seller immediately knowing this was my opportunity. I told him I was very interested and that I would somehow get a deposit to him to secure the car. I had my sister who lives about an hour away from the car to go down the next weekend and put a $500 deposit on the car. She called me and said the car was in very good shape and that it looked good overall. Wednesday's I normally fly back to Toronto but changed my flight to go to Ottawa Thursday morning instead. Just a short drive later on Thursday morning, I was at the seller's house seeing the car for the first time. He opened up the garage and pulled it out. I don't have any pictures of this moment, but I know you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. It was gorgeous. You can imagine what a garaged/non-winter driven car with 28,000km looks like. Other than the rims being slightly curbed it was genuinely perfect. He asked me if I wanted to take it for a drive, I was so nervous and so I said no. I let him drive it as I admired it from the passenger seat. We got back to his house and before we even got out of the car I told him I'd take it. I didn't even negotiate price, it was on the pricier side at the time, but rightfully so. The cheque...paperwork...ministry of transportation...the boring stuff. I slept over at my sisters house that night, got up the next morning and made the 5 hour trek home. Two very distinct moments on that trip sealed my thoughts on this car: a guy at the gas station admiring it saying it was really cool car (he didn't know what it was), and a guy and his girlfriend in a Civic Si giving me the thumbs up as they passed me on the highway (they obviously knew what it was). Couldn't be happier with my purchase!

Storing it for the first winter. No modifications were done this summer as I wanted to get a feel for the car.

Over the winter I bought a string of parts including an AP2 front lip, KW V3s, Volk TE37SLs, Project Kics R40 Neochrome lug nuts, Shine replica ASM overfenders, Invidia Q300 exhaust, and a Berk 70mm HFC

AP2 front lip and coilovers installed. Exhaust and HFC were also complete at this time

Test fitting my shine replica ASM overfenders with my Volk TE37SLs. Afterwards I decided to get Authentic ASM Overfenders

Picked up some downforce parts, front lip and side diffusers installed

Checking in on the progress of my overfender install at a pretty reputable shop near Toronto. The S2000 had some pretty good company: Audi R8 on the passenger side and a Lamborghini Gallardo on the driver side

Rears overfenders painted and test fitted

Got it back from the shop early November. Had some photos of the car taken by my buddy Dan before it went into winter hibernation

Last edited by JordanDavidAnderson; 11-02-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those wheels!!
Old 11-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Very clean A rear lip spoiler would complete the package!

Edit, I see you ordered one
Old 11-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Perfect. You're done. Even the plate is perfect.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh wow!! such a clean setup. those wheels are aggressive mate
Old 11-30-2014, 09:48 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So pretty!
Old 12-01-2014, 01:43 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 12-01-2014, 05:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Partially agree Ricky - need an OEM flush spoiler, or a Mugen spoiler, or maybe even a CR spoiler. Just would complete the look.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:23 AM
Gold Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

love the wheel fitment!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by FearlessFife
Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1417408283' post='23422579
Partially agree Ricky - need an OEM flush spoiler, or a Mugen spoiler, or maybe even a CR spoiler. Just would complete the look.
ASM ducktail.

Quick Reply: JordanDavidAnderson's GPW AP2