Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

JordanDavidAnderson's GPW AP2

Old 06-18-2016, 12:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Very clean
Old 06-19-2016, 07:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by d1000rr
Looks good man! What don't you like about it? The actual paint job?
Thanks Dennis! The paint itself is great, however they did not blend into the hood and doors like we had discussed during the quote. Also they didn't take the lip off to paint the front bumper, so under the lip is still sebring silver...that I'm actually shocked about, like who does that? Anyways I'll be taking it back because they were going to reclear the lip and I need them to fix that as it's completely unacceptable. A few other minor details, I don't think I'm being overly picky

Originally Posted by S2KiChad
Very clean
Thanks Chad!

One last look before she gets put away for another two weeks.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:03 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

^^that last photo is sexy!

Sorry to hear about the lax paint job. Looking forward to seeing more photos, car looks so good!
Old 06-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by JordanDavidAnderson
Originally Posted by d1000rr' timestamp='1466261870' post='23996281
Looks good man! What don't you like about it? The actual paint job?
Thanks Dennis! The paint itself is great, however they did not blend into the hood and doors like we had discussed during the quote. Also they didn't take the lip off to paint the front bumper, so under the lip is still sebring silver...that I'm actually shocked about, like who does that? Anyways I'll be taking it back because they were going to reclear the lip and I need them to fix that as it's completely unacceptable. A few other minor details, I don't think I'm being overly picky
def not being picky. good catch. love the shot btw!
Old 07-07-2016, 08:20 AM

Got around to doing a couple things I've had sitting around forever

I wrapped parts of my center console with 3M dinoc. Looks pretty good. I rate myself 8/10 on the job.

I also ended up installing my blackvue dash cam. Didn't take any pictures but I was seriously surprised at how easy it was to install. Very easy to reverse as well! Did this for the peace of mind to prove an accident of some sort if it did ever happen
Old 09-16-2016, 11:46 AM

Did this a while ago but finally got around to posting pictures. Had my downforce side diffusers removed when I installed my downforce from fenders so I finally got around to installing them

Before:

After:

The double sided tape came off easier than I thought. I ended up finding a technique that worked pretty well. No need to drill these into your car

This is some tape residue leftover on my headlight from paint. I can't seem to find a way to get it off. What's the best way?

Edit: Just noticed how bad the fender lines up ^. Need to fix this
Old 09-16-2016, 12:50 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Goo gone

http://googone.com/
Old 10-24-2016, 02:10 PM

Had to use up my vacation before our fiscal year ends October 31st, so I decided to take today off and give myself a three day weekend. On the agenda was some S2000 maintenance. Did and oil change, dusted off the engine bay and checked the levels of all of the other vital fluids Got this shot of the engine bay with the ASM front bumper. Still such a sexy car.

I am running TE37SLs and so subsequently do not have any center caps. That has made the axle caps (proper terminology?) rusty

I got some VHT wrinkle black paint to try and mask the problem

Put her away for another year. A little earlier than I had hoped but I spent a solid 6 hours cleaning everything today, and didn't feel like cleaning her again in a week or two.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:35 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Nice way to spend a day, she looks great, until we see her again
Old 10-25-2016, 02:34 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I did the same thing to my rusty centre cap. I hit it with a Dremel to get some of the surface rust off then used some black Tremclad that I had in the garage.

Quick Reply: JordanDavidAnderson's GPW AP2