Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

ATS*Garage//Operation Sharkie: Take A Look!

Old 11-29-2015, 10:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ATS*Garage//Operation Sharkie: Take A Look!

Hey what's going on guys.. Welcome to my 2004 Silverstone Grey S2000 build thread. I've owned my S2000 for almost about 8 months now, and I have a lot of new things going on with it so I figured I'd put together a little build thread together to show the progress of my build. But first I'll give you guys alittle background on how I became to own my S2000.

So ever since I was younger I had always been into Hondas! I remember watching a Honda documentary called "the pursuit of function" and ever since then I was bit by the Honda bug! Looking at the the Honda chassis I always wanted to own a S2000, but at the time I definitely didn't have the funds to get myself a s2000 so I got myself into my beloved Honda Del Sol... Here's a couple of pics of the Sol

Well...so after about 3 years of owning the Del Sol. I was able to save up enough money to were if I sold the Del Sol I'd be able to purchase a S2000.. So that's exactly what I did.

So with the money I had got from selling the Del Sol and the money I had save up over the past 3 years I was ready to buy my S2000. But that was definitely harder than I had expected. All of the S2000s looked good in the pictures on the ads but when I saw them in person they would be in horrible condition. When I was looking for a S2000, i had a certain criteria that the car must meet in order for me to purchase it.. I needed the car to have relatively low miles, excellent interior condition, excellent exterior condition, as well as mechanically it had to be in top condition.

Well one weekend my buddy's and I from ATS*Garage had thrown a local car meet and I met a very good guy named Hanzel (which I'm sure all of you know who that is) I had told him my predicament about having a very hard time finding a quality s2000 to buy on Craigslist so he was the one to go on to S2ki.com and look there. So with him being the S2000 guru that he is, I obviously took his advice... And I'm so glad I did! The next day I was on the s2ki vehicle market place and found a great looking 2004 SSG S2000 that seemed to meet all my criteria. The car had only 41k, and once again... from the pictures it appeared that the car had a excellent exterior and interior. So I waisted no time and called the seller and made a appointment to go look at the car.. Here are some pictures from when I went out to see the car.

So after I went out and saw the car in person it was definitely one of the nicest s2000s I had looked at. The interior and exterior was in "like new" condition! All the interior pieces were there. The carpet was pretty much in new condition. The soft top wasn't faded or stained it had no signs of wear or tear. The exterior of the car had one small little dings on the rear quarter of the body. But it was definitely something I could live with. And underneath the hood the engine bay was as clean as the day rolled off lot. We did the general checks to make sure everything was mechanically sound.. Checked the oil, coolant as well as preformed a compression test. Everything looked great this car met everything I was looking for in a s2000. So after coming to a price the seller and I were happy with I purchased the car!!
Old 11-29-2015, 10:59 AM

That following weekend I couldn't wait to take the car out on te back roads and see what this car could do.. I pulled over to take a couple quick snaps

Well so initially I was planning to keep the car stock for a while until I could figure out on what direction I wanted to go with my s2000. But that didn't last long haha! After 3 days of owning my s2000. I had a good friend of mine that had just recently had his s2000 totaled by a hit a run. He had a new set of Buddy Club N+ coil overs he had bought for his car but wasn't even able to open the box and install them before his car got totaled. He sold them to me for a very very cheap price so I went to his house and picked them up and got to work installing them on my car

The install was pretty simple and straight forward. Took about 1 hour for my buddy and I to install them. Then I had to adjust the height of the car.

This ride height was definitely to low for my liking.. So I raised it up a bit.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:18 AM

The following week I was out for a drive enjoying my new s2000 on the back roads and I had pulled over to take a couple of pictures. And as I was looking at the exterior appearance of the car it definitely seemed to me that it was missing something.. So I hit up my very good friend Ferd, who works in the parts department at a local Honda dealership and had him order me a OEM front lip, side strakes, and spoiler. As well as some clear side markers and the black CR side emblems. After 2 days the parts arrived and I installed them on the car

Now the exterior looks more complete

BEFORE & AFTER
Old 11-29-2015, 11:57 AM

Fast forward to about 1 month of ownership it was time for me to get some new wheels as well as some better tires for the s2000. I couldn't really decided on what wheels I wanted to go with.. TEs, CEs, RE30s so many choice. I have always loved RPf1s.. I had a set in my Del Sol and I loved the quality of the wheels with out having to spend a great deal of money to purchase a set. So I made a called to my buddy Jose over at Americas Tire Company and he got me a new set of SBC RPF1s in 17x9 +45. Then I got online and ordered a set of 245/40 hankook RS3s.

The wheels and tires came in acouple days after I ordered them... But it took me a couple of weeks to get the tires mounted because I was traveling for basketball and I was out playing at ASU

As soon as I arrived home... The next day I got the tires mounted, fenders rolled and relocated the bumper tabs.

After I got the Rpf1s on the car. I had to re adjust the ride height then it was off to get the an alignment

Old 11-29-2015, 12:26 PM

After getting the car a alignment and adjusting the camber and ride height I took the car out to take some pictures. I love the look of RPF1s in the SBC finish!

Old 11-29-2015, 12:44 PM

So after the exterior being some what complete I decided it was time to start tinkering with the interior. I started with the seats... It's not like I had anything against the stock s2000 seats but I was planning on occasionally taking the car to the track so I needed something to keep me more stable in the seat. So I decided to go with the Recaro Pole Position. I was looking for a set in red but I was unable to source a set. I ran across a guy on here that was selling a "like new" Evasive edition Recaro pole position seat. He had the seat in his car for about 1 week until he decided it wasn't the seat for him. I gave him a call and went by to purchase the seat. He sold me the seat for a great price and along with the seat being in basically new condition he also gave me a buddy club low position seat rail as well as the seat belt extender. After picking up the seat I got home and installed it

Installing the seat was really straight forward but getting the seat height position did take so time. Acouple of days later I ordered a set of Recaro belt pads, Recaro side protector, Recaro helmet pillow and a black suede personal steering wheel.

I decided to buy a set of new red OEM floor mats to kind of match the red on my pole position so once again my buddy hook me up and came through with my new mats

I also figured I'd ditch the stick shift knob for a CF red striped Mugen knob.

And...well it was only about a week since I had installed my personal steering wheel when I though to myself.... Since I was going to have a Mugen shift knob I figured I'd get a Mugen steering wheel as well! Haha. So I gave a call to my good friend Matt over at ICB Motorsport and had him send me a new steering wheel as well as some quality lug nuts to replace my cheap autozone ones.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:25 PM

So I have owned my s2000 for about 3 months now and that brings me to this point... my exterior and interior being complete for a while I decided I would start doing to performance things to the car. So I sourced out Js Racing 70rs single exhaust. I saw that Go-Tuning was having a deal that exhaust so I called them up and crossed my fingers in hope that they would have one in stock. And sure enough they had one left, so I purchased it right away! I waited about a week and it finally came in!

The following weekend I installed the exhaust. Everything mounted up perfect. I had read that with the ap2s if you use the Js Racing 70rs that the piping would hit on the bottom frame of the car near the floor board. And would cause some time of "rattling" but I had no such problems. Everyone bolted up fine

I love the sound and quality of the exhaust. It has a slight drone when you get up to mid rpms so I'm so glad that I didn't choose to get a test pipe lol. That would have been just way to loud for me. But performance wise I can tell his has a little bit more power due to the air being able to flow through more freely. Over all I am very happy with the Js Racing 70rs
Old 11-29-2015, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love how your build is going
Old 11-29-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Shobby
I love how your build is going
Thanks I apperciate that. I've been meaning to get around to do a build thread but I've never had some free time.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice!

Quick Reply: ATS*Garage//Operation Sharkie: Take A Look!