Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Mr. Couch's Neighborhood

Old 09-21-2016, 11:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mr. Couch's Neighborhood

Hey guys first time ever doing a build thread, have had many cars and joined many forums, but i never had the time to document all the fun stuff ive done with and to my cars.
A little background of me...

I have been in the automotive industry for almost 12 years, I started off like most gear-heads, as a technician working at a private shop. I cant say enough how much i learned as a young guy working on tons of different projects, accident repairs, paint, maint. and restoration. I was fiber glassing boat hulls getting them ready for customer paint jobs, i was grinding down body panels on old broncos for small restoration, i was doing light to moderate main on e46 & E36 bmws, and even worked on tuning the shop 8 second drag Camaro. After this job i decided to chase my dream and accept my full ride scholarship to U Miami for baseball, i wont get into that since i was done with school after 1 year...

Whats up BMW?
While i've had dozens of BMW's i could only scrounge up a few cars pictures that i liked...
I started up as a tech at a BMW dealership and for 6 more years wrenched on the likes of them. I became a master tech within those 6 years since it was so easy to learn about cars i actually loved too. I was offered the shop foreman position and declined it due to me wanting to be on the front lines as an advisor and try to make more loot in the process. In that time span i had become very fond of my E46 M3's (had 3 of them).

I got the the point where having the technical background helped me so much as an advisor that two years in a row i was rated in the top 50 advisors in the states and was offered plenty of corporate jobs and also was sent to some pretty amazing events. This is when i also started to get into racing, particularly Formula Ford Racing. I took the E46 to quite a few open track days at Limerock, NJMP, Watkins Glen, Sebring (during a Florida vacation), VIR, and Mid Ohio. Also during one of my many trips to Germany had the chance to get away from work and take a trip to the Nurburgring and put a few laps on the most amazing circut the world has seen. The elevation changes, temp changes, the paddock's the people, the culture around racing that track is incredible and for anyone new to racing or highly skilled i advise that this is done before you can no longer get a chance. It was for sure my most memorable trip that involved cars.

Fast forward for a brief moment, I now work as a service manager for a Subaru and Lincoln Dealership. Not fun but pays the bills!

I have been lurking before joining for quite some time, I have always been fascinated by the S2000, I had many opportunities to get behind the wheel and enjoy the car and always did. I just never envisioned that i would own one due to its very very small size and cargo capacity. F*ck that Sh*T, i wanted one and i got one! Took me plenty of time to search for the one i wanted and after a year and a half i found one, exactly what i wanted in the color and year i wanted, mileage i wanted for the price i wanted. Enter the 07 GPW blk/red 41,xxx mile boneeeeee stock S2K!

I wanted to start off small since this will be my DD for commuting purposes for a few years, I purchased some Infinity Kappa CS 60.11 component speakers to go along with the Pioneer DEH80PRS headunit. I put some sound deadening onto the doors to eliminate rattling and get better quality from the speakers. I added an OEM Front lip and Rear spoiler for appearance. I switched the Low beam bulbs to Osram Xenarc CBI bulbs. I picked up a set from a forum member of AP1 wheels with snow tires for the winter and added some alcantara bits for the interior (shift boot, elbow rest, center console cover and some Clazzio seat covers). The Previous owner performed diff and trans service right before i got the car so as far as maint i already did an oil change with some fresh AMSOIL, I purchased Honda MTF and Mobile1 Diff Fluid, new NGK spark plus, and Honda Coolant for a coolant flush. Trust me i've already spoken to Billman and will be rescheduling with him to have a valve adjustment, TCT and more maint. performed on the vehicle.

I have a Miltek Dual exhaust coming in in early October to pair with the New EVS 63.6 HFC and have ordered Flashpro as well. I will surely be going with Gernby for a nice Etune.

Thats where im at now guys i hope this can be a fun little build for me, for now some looks and some function, but once i can relieve her of DD she will begin getting closer towards a weekend warrior and little track toy. I plan on having that transformation happen in 2018.
Attached Thumbnails Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image1-002-.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image2-002-.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image3.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image5.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image4.jpg  

Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image1-003-.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image3-002-.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image4-002-.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image2-003-.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image5-002-.jpg  

Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image1-004-.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image4-003-.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image5-003-.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image2-004-.jpg   Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image3-003-.jpg  

Mr.  Couch's Neighborhood-image6.jpg  
Old 09-21-2016, 11:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome
I still have a soft spot for the E46 M3s.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:29 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Keep up the good work....
Old 09-22-2016, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Josh08
Welcome
I still have a soft spot for the E46 M3s.

Originally Posted by jonner
Keep up the good work....
Thanks guys! and yes the E46 M3 is an incredible car, with the last one i had i had just become exhausted with the repairs and the $$$ behind them.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:17 AM

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/116...#entry24067491
quick review for those interested in the EVS HFC 63.5

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9CJlFbF024
Old 09-22-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Welcome, super clean car!
Old 09-26-2016, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
Welcome, super clean car!
Thank you sir!
Old 09-26-2016, 06:20 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Milltek ftw. I love mine every single time i get in my S. Good luck with her
Old 09-27-2016, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by jst2878
Thanks, i wanted something OEM Looking, and everything i have heard about the milltek is great. very excited Hendy was able to get a bunch made since they discontinued it.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:54 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MrCouch
Originally Posted by jst2878' timestamp='1474942856' post='24070644
Thanks, i wanted something OEM Looking, and everything i have heard about the milltek is great. very excited Hendy was able to get a bunch made since they discontinued it.
I contemplated ordering a second. My two buddies have the single

Quick Reply: Mr. Couch's Neighborhood