Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 11-21-2014, 02:59 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't understand the graphics...is it for 3d printing or something?
Old 11-21-2014, 03:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by WhyW' timestamp='1416571781' post='23413117
Any day now!
Extremely frustrating I have to say. The shop keeps over promising and not delivering. If I knew they would spend this much time researching I would have had them paint and install the bumper and hang onto the hood until they were ready to go.
Ouch, that's a bummer. It's coming up on a month now... I figured they would have researched before you dropped off the car.

I hope that it works out and you get it back soon! I'm also guessing you decided to paint the hood instead of leaving it CF?
Old 11-21-2014, 07:34 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by NoBottleJustThrottle' timestamp='1416595545' post='23413574
In my experience anyway it's always been the rule of thumb to tack on an extra couple of weeks from when the body shop claims they'll have a project completed. Sorry to hear about the complications. Hopefully everything gets resolved quickly!
Yeah to be expected and they are just trying to make sure the work is done in the best possible way. But they are being way too paranoid about painting the hood.
At least they won't damage it in any way (hopefully).

The delays are definitely not surprising, as you & others have mentioned. I took a wing in for paint and it was untouched when I went to check on progress a month later.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:45 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Trying to pick up some parts. What extender and length did you get for the seat belt?? I tried finding where you mentioned the place but failed.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:36 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Trying to pick up some parts. What extender and length did you get for the seat belt?? I tried finding where you mentioned the place but failed.
I am using a 6" length. I initially got a 9" one but it was longer than needed. Really depends on what rails you are using that will determine which length is needed.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:21 AM

I was probably gonna just follow you on the Ballade rails. The one piece design is nice, plus its cheaper than the recaro rails and you still gotta buy the side mounts. I got the rs-g though, some i'm not 100% everything will be as identical as the PP.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
I was probably gonna just follow you on the Ballade rails. The one piece design is nice, plus its cheaper than the recaro rails and you still gotta buy the side mounts. I got the rs-g though, some i'm not 100% everything will be as identical as the PP.
RS-G is narrower right so you shouldn't really run into any issues I don't think. With the Pole Position and Ballade rails you are limited to how low they can sit as I have mentioned in my thread due to the design of the seat. It might be possible to modify the Ballade rail a bit to allow for adjustment with the PP but with a narrower seat should be no issues.

You should ask them if they will sell you a rail kill without all the extra stuff for a reclinable seat for a cheaper price. I have no idea if they will do this but it is really silly for them to sell just one kit with everything. Has to be plenty of extra cost not to mention shipping wait for parts people will almost certainly not use one way or the other. I'm not sure if they include instructions with their kit yet but if you get it and have any assembly questions let me know. It is fairly straight forward but takes some time to sort everything out without instructions.

For the extender since the RS-G is narrower a different length might be necessary. I still have the 9" extenders, so if you end up getting the 6" and they are too short let me know and I will send those your way.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:40 AM

Thanks
Old 11-22-2014, 10:20 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Zzzzzzz...
Old 11-23-2014, 08:40 PM

Car still in shop means I do stuff like this instead of spending all of my time driving. Mockup of F1 influenced systems display using Motec D153 display.

Maybe with enough money and time it could actually happen. Who knows? Seems that it would be possible with Motec hardware, they have a pretty awesome custom display creator that the data can be piped into.

I think I may give the Defi Smart Adapter a try as well.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II