Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 12-19-2016, 06:52 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
All of the center cushions are removable and are velcro'd closed I believe, so should be doable.
Good to know, thanks! Sounds like it makes it pretty easy to add some heating elements to.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:02 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

So good !
Old 02-09-2017, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting the problem with squared tc105n 17x9 +49 all around. It is rubbing front and rear fender. I should roll and pull them out a little bit. So, do you have any place recommend?
BTW, -2.7 front and -3.0 rear alignment still works for it? I am running Hankook Rs3 with 255 40, or you have other better idea? That's my daily car and track it per month.

Thanks, man.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Chan
I am getting the problem with squared tc105n 17x9 +49 all around. It is rubbing front and rear fender. I should roll and pull them out a little bit. So, do you have any place recommend?
BTW, -2.7 front and -3.0 rear alignment still works for it? I am running Hankook Rs3 with 255 40, or you have other better idea? That's my daily car and track it per month.

Thanks, man.
You absolutely need the front fender lip rolled flat, especially near the front of the fender, and the quarter panel lip will need to be rolled and the rear bumper tabs relocated. Pretty standard procedure for anyone with experience doing this. I can't recommend anyone without knowing where you live. If you live in the Bay Area I would recommend talking to my friend Son (n00dler) at Trackspec Autosports.

I ran -3 front and rear camber when using TC105Ns on my car.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
You absolutely need the front fender lip rolled flat, especially near the front of the fender, and the quarter panel lip will need to be rolled and the rear bumper tabs relocated. Pretty standard procedure for anyone with experience doing this. I can't recommend anyone without knowing where you live. If you live in the Bay Area I would recommend talking to my friend Son (n00dler) at Trackspec Autosports.

I ran -3 front and rear camber when using TC105Ns on my car.
Oh, sorry. Yes, I am living in Santa Clara. What is the general price for the standard fender roll in all four by the way?

I did the alignment a year ago in the Trackspec. And now have no idea about which kind of alignment should put on it. Can the -3 front and rear could set by stock s2k?

Anyway, thank your reply.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff Chan
Oh, sorry. Yes, I am living in Santa Clara. What is the general price for the standard fender roll in all four by the way?

I did the alignment a year ago in the Trackspec. And now have no idea about which kind of alignment should put on it. Can the -3 front and rear could set by stock s2k?

Anyway, thank your reply.
You won't be able to get -3 up front without some for of camber joints. I used (and still use) the J's Racing S1 joints up front with the TC105Ns. Can't really speak on the price of anything, best to just contact and see what they say. Sometimes fender rolling days are hosted in the Bay Area, would be a good idea to subscribe to the Bay Area forum here to see if one pops up.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:38 PM

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II - Page 17 - S NI SEN

Nothing too exciting to post until a few parts arrive from Japan. It has been raining relentlessly in the bay area until just recently. The car is pretty glorious in the rain with the OS Giken LSD, and the RE71-R actually are very capable in the rain as well.

I did pickup a nice and simple license plate frame from Honda though! Not usually a fan of plate frames but this one was perfect. I had to trim off the tabs that usually wrap around the plate to fit the built in tabs in the stock rear bumper.

Soon I should be able to reveal why the ASM rear bumper still isn't painted and on the car, and I promise the wait will be worth it.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

ASM ftw! can't wait to see it andrew.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:42 AM

Full post and thread on SNISEN - o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II - Page 17 - S NI SEN

ASM GT-09 dry carbon trunk + wing

Have dreamed of this one since the first time I saw on ASM's blog all those years ago. Thanks to some great people in Japan I was able to get them to make me one of my own. After waiting about 2 months I received it and it is glorious. I plan on painting the trunk similar to how my hood is painted, with the interior remaining in the carbon finish, as well as the wing. I want to come up with a good solution for fill pieces I can use when I don't want to use the wing. I am thinking some carbon pieces that are just trimmed down could work well if the tolerances are small, but I do need to actually be able to remove them as well. I think I could put some grooved sections on the top surface so they still sit flush but can be pulled out with simple tools.

Anyway, I am in contact with the body shop and this should all be happening soon depending on their schedule. Once I realized this trunk was a possibility I wanted to hold off on painting the bumper until I could do the trunk and bumper at the same time, sorry for the delay on that.

In the meantime, here are some photos of one of the nicest car parts I have ever laid my eyes on.

The trunk is super cool, the way the wing mounts are sandwiched between the outer shell and inner frame is really smart. And there is a lot of surface area around the mounts to support them. And looking at them in detail, I think i could even add attachment points inside the actual trunk to fully brace the force of the wing into the chassis. Not really necessary, but would be very cool to do in a way that is removable.

The wing itself is absolutely incredible. It has 5 levels of adjustment, I will have to put it on the car to see exactly at what angle of attack it sits once installed, but there is a very nice range there. The endplates are beautifully made and the details like theinset gurney flap are crazy. The trailing edge actually as a tiny inset that the gurney flap seats into so it is exactly level with the rest of the wing surface when it is installed with the included mounting tape. The way the wing slots into the tops of the wing stands is also very cool, and wasn't something I realized until I got everything. It is all so precise and everything fits so perfectly together. The wing and stands are very easy to install and remove from the trunk.

I really like the dry carbon finish of the wing. I don't think I will worry about clear coating it and just make sure it is well protected. I think the carbon wing should look fantastic on the the car with black hardtop.

For the rear duckbill I think I like this look:

Combined with the ASM rear bumper it all works very well together without calling too much attention to itself.

And for those that follow me on Instagram, you will remember seeing 3 ASM carbon fiber packages heading my way, and I will say that all these parts fit in two boxes.
The following 4 users liked this post by andrewhake:
av8ter (02-17-2017), Kenny_Stang (02-17-2017), Ricky_Flowers_ (02-21-2017), S1 S2 (02-18-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 04:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Girl you cray.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II