Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 02-18-2017, 05:11 AM

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

Those parts looks beautifully crafted!

Props to you for doing a high quality build.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:12 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Haha I knew you had to have still gotten this! It almost seems like you have to run the diffuser with the rear bumper, the two go perfectly together. I want to see how you end up trimming the diffuser for the exhaust, I eventually want to run this bumper/diffuser combo as well, but it will be years before that happens.

To to change the subject from your badass parts inventory, do you see any issues with running the ASM TB spacer with a Toda TB versus an ASM one. Both pieces have very similar designs but I haven't seen anyone running that combo. For me, it's $300 saved over the ASM TB so I figured I would ask you about it.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:31 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tama05
Haha I knew you had to have still gotten this! It almost seems like you have to run the diffuser with the rear bumper, the two go perfectly together. I want to see how you end up trimming the diffuser for the exhaust, I eventually want to run this bumper/diffuser combo as well, but it will be years before that happens.

To to change the subject from your badass parts inventory, do you see any issues with running the ASM TB spacer with a Toda TB versus an ASM one. Both pieces have very similar designs but I haven't seen anyone running that combo. For me, it's $300 saved over the ASM TB so I figured I would ask you about it.
The ASM version of the TODA throttle body is a slightly revised design:

I believe it also has refinements made to the throttle shaft as well so all the mounting hardware sits flush. I believe they had TODA make revisions to accommodate the spacer.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:27 PM

Received 559 Likes on 391 Posts

So? do you have a street car or another mode of transportation aside from your feet?

Once all that stuff goes on, the car is going to be obnoxious as a DD based on the wrong kind of attention it may draw...
Old 02-18-2017, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
So? do you have a street car or another mode of transportation aside from your feet?

Once all that stuff goes on, the car is going to be obnoxious as a DD based on the wrong kind of attention it may draw...
Ok old man. :P

The wing can be removed in 4 bolts, and my car won't really look much different than it does now. I have no intention of daily driving it to work with a large wing mounted on back.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:49 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

This takes love for a car to a whole new level
Old 02-19-2017, 08:08 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Are you leaving the underside of the wing exposed and painting everything else on the exterior side? Maybe the inside of the end plates as well?

just saw in Sept. the carbon doors are gonna be available again. Get on that too!
Old 02-19-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Are you leaving the underside of the wing exposed and painting everything else on the exterior side? Maybe the inside of the end plates as well?

just saw in Sept. the carbon doors are gonna be available again. Get on that too!
The underside of the wing or trunk? The only things that will be painted are the outside of the trunk and the duckbill, and I think I am going to leave the trailing edge of the duckbill in exposed carbon similar to what bouford did on his blue car.

Wing and wing stands I plan on leaving all in dry carbon. Might look into having the various bits wrapped to protect it a bit. I like the idea of the wing remaining all carbon though.

Last edited by andrewhake; 02-19-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:24 PM

Evo SS GoPro gimbal

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II - Page 18 - S NI SEN

Got a 3-axis gimbal recently to mount inside the car. Works quite well, and the thing that really sold me on it is being able to just reach back and triple press a button to have it rotate around 180 to capture what is behind me. I am often trading lead and follow back and forth with friends so this is a great way to deal with that.

It is mounted on the shorter Modifry camera mount that can easily be clipped on to the main Modfry wind screen mount.

I am using this model - https://www.evogimbals.com/products/...-hero5-cameras
Old 02-20-2017, 05:48 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
The underside of the wing or trunk? The only things that will be painted are the outside of the trunk and the duckbill, and I think I am going to leave the trailing edge of the duckbill in exposed carbon similar to what bouford did on his blue car.

Wing and wing stands I plan on leaving all in dry carbon. Might look into having the various bits wrapped to protect it a bit. I like the idea of the wing remaining all carbon though.
This is the guy I bought my previous CE28's from. Looks good everything painted, except leaving the Gernby flap and the end mounts of the wings dry carbon exposed.

The following users liked this post:
S1 S2 (02-20-2017)

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II