Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 02-20-2017, 11:11 AM

Received 559 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Ok old man. :P

The wing can be removed in 4 bolts, and my car won't really look much different than it does now. I have no intention of daily driving it to work with a large wing mounted on back.
Got it - I do the same with my wing. I've only used it 1 out of 4 of my last track days.

So, what do you plan to do with that diffuser. On/off too? It's going to make your departure angles from drive ways a giant pain in the ass.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:39 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ALBERTS2K
This is the guy I bought my previous CE28's from. Looks good everything painted, except leaving the Gernby flap and the end mounts of the wings dry carbon exposed.
Yeah love that guy's car. He is ken colo on YouTube, definitely recommend everyone subscribe to his channel. - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClW..._FP3vZ8Qi5-G5w

I don't really like that look to the wing though. It is the same color scheme that ASM used with the wing and trunk on their No. 1 car. It could very well be one of the wings/trunks from that car as well on Ken's car. If I was to color match any part of the wing, it would just be the main wing element, with everything else remaining carbon, similar to the GT3RS. Could very easily be done with vinyl wrap though. ASM did something similar on one of their yellow cars.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:11 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Evo SS GoPro gimbal

o_O S2000 Mk I — Stage II - Page 18 - S NI SEN

Got a 3-axis gimbal recently to mount inside the car. Works quite well, and the thing that really sold me on it is being able to just reach back and triple press a button to have it rotate around 180 to capture what is behind me. I am often trading lead and follow back and forth with friends so this is a great way to deal with that.

It is mounted on the shorter Modifry camera mount that can easily be clipped on to the main Modfry wind screen mount.

I am using this model - https://www.evogimbals.com/products/...-hero5-cameras

I have the EVO GP Pro. It is a really good Gimbal, and have it setup in side my car as well. I had a clamp 3D printed and then mounted to the Go Pro suction cup.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:08 PM

I will be heading down to L.A. with the car next Sunday, to drop the car off at Signature Autobody on Monday. At long last all these parts I have been hoarding will finally get painted and put on the car. Signature has a ton of experience dealing with ASM carbon parts, and I was wanting to take the car down to the L.A. area anyway. It is definitely nice to contact a body shop and mention the parts I want painted and they actually know about each one of them, and already know the process for dealing with dry carbon panels from a specific manufacturer.

I will be heading down on Sunday, hopefully to spend a bit of time doing some driving, and then drop the car off on Monday, and returning once it is finished to drive it back home.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
I have the EVO GP Pro. It is a really good Gimbal, and have it setup in side my car as well. I had a clamp 3D printed and then mounted to the Go Pro suction cup.
Nice. I accidentally got a GP Pro as well before realizing it was the one attached to a pole, but decided to keep it anyway since it is really useful for other types of handheld shots.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:12 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I will be heading down to L.A. with the car next Sunday, to drop the car off at Signature Autobody on Monday. At long last all these parts I have been hoarding will finally get painted and put on the car. Signature has a ton of experience dealing with ASM carbon parts, and I was wanting to take the car down to the L.A. area anyway. It is definitely nice to contact a body shop and mention the parts I want painted and they actually know about each one of them, and already know the process for dealing with dry carbon panels from a specific manufacturer.

I will be heading down on Sunday, hopefully to spend a bit of time doing some driving, and then drop the car off on Monday, and returning once it is finished to drive it back home.
Um, how the hell are you transporting the parts to SoCal?!
Old 02-22-2017, 02:33 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Nice. I accidentally got a GP Pro as well before realizing it was the one attached to a pole, but decided to keep it anyway since it is really useful for other types of handheld shots.

yea, i bought it so i can use it for different types of shots. I leave the country often to travel, so i made a rig to work by strapping it to my backpack as well.
If you ever are interested in mounting your GP Pro. Here is the clamp i purchased. It takes a week to get, and fit perfectly around the pole.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/KE...ionId=43309419
Old 02-22-2017, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by manystyles
Um, how the hell are you transporting the parts to SoCal?!
Putting parts on car. Transport car to LA via driving. It's just the bumper and trunklid, mirrors are easy to transport, and wing isn't being painted.

Last edited by andrewhake; 02-22-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:38 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Depending on road and weather conditions I highly recommend taking SR33 through the Los Padres National Forest instead of the 5 over the grapevine. Fantastic stretch of road
Old 02-22-2017, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by JamesD89
Depending on road and weather conditions I highly recommend taking SR33 through the Los Padres National Forest instead of the 5 over the grapevine. Fantastic stretch of road
Yeah I most certainly won't be taking the commuter route. Will have to check which roads are actually open though due to all the recent landslides.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II