Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 02-22-2017, 07:48 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Putting parts on car. Transport car to LA via driving. It's just the bumper and trunklid, mirrors are easy to transport, and wing isn't being painted.
Safe travels!
Old 02-23-2017, 02:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Be real careful around Socal, so many idiots crashing lately down here, I see piles of cars down here on the regular and I'd cry if your car was one of them.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:51 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Car is in LA getting trunk, rear bumper, and Spoon mirrors painted at last!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II - Page 18 - S NI SEN

Check out that post for some images of the install process. Many more to come once everything is painted! Lawrence at Signature Autobody is providing me with a lot of photos of the painting process I will be able to share as well.

The following users liked this post:
Kenny_Stang (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 11:17 AM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Car is in LA getting trunk, rear bumper, and Spoon mirrors painted at last!

o_O S2000 Mk I — Stage II - Page 18 - S NI SEN

Check out that post for some images of the install process. Many more to come once everything is painted! Lawrence at Signature Autobody is providing me with a lot of photos of the painting process I will be able to share as well.

Can't wait to see how it looks painted!
Old 03-02-2017, 04:39 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Damn that looks good even unpainted. You would think that the wing/trunk combo might look to aggressive, but it fits the car perfectly. Looking forward to seeing everything painted for sure. Are you color matching the Spoon mirrors or painting them black to match the top?
Old 03-02-2017, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by tama05
Damn that looks good even unpainted. You would think that the wing/trunk combo might look to aggressive, but it fits the car perfectly. Looking forward to seeing everything painted for sure. Are you color matching the Spoon mirrors or painting them black to match the top?
They will be body color. I figured if I want them black it is much easier to vinyl wrap them black than trying to match Sebring Silver. I think they should look great color matched though.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:49 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

They will be body color. I figured if I want them black it is much easier to vinyl wrap them black than trying to match Sebring Silver. I think they should look great color matched though.
Yeah, either way they'll look great. I'm still shocked that you actually own that trunk combo, Stage III is going to look amazing! Also, where did you get those jack stands from? Are they hydraulic?
Old 03-02-2017, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by tama05
Yeah, either way they'll look great. I'm still shocked that you actually own that trunk combo, Stage III is going to look amazing! Also, where did you get those jack stands from? Are they hydraulic?
They are just some aluminum Torin jack stands I got on Amazon. They work quite well, keep the car very stable without getting in the way. Easy to get the car up onto with the low profile ramps.

Amazon Amazon
Old 03-03-2017, 07:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just caught up with your thread and I'm really pleased I have.

What a brilliant read. It's so, so rare to find a thread where an individual modification is purchased, properly installed and feedback is given relating to not just that part, but the bi-product of that adjustment. Your car shows that a moderate, considered approach towards making changes gradually, in a number of places right across the car can produce a brilliant outcome.

I've struggled for inspirational on my S for a little while now, feeling that I didn't really appreciate the right direction to take it. What you've done is hone my questions down, help me realise what a brilliant road car the S is and get me to start driving it again - all be it I live in the UK, so it was wet.

I'm now going to remove some of the modifications I have and replace them with higher quality items. If anything the price of the modifications is less of an issue when the bi-product is an item that whilst it's after market, perfectly fits its application and has a tangible benefit. I think the engine bay changes you've made show just how good an S2000 bay can be without the need for a F/I setup.

Please continue to update your thread, share your experiences and document the evolution of your car - it's has independently re-inspired my passion for the car and propelled my in the right direction.

C-J
Old 03-03-2017, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by C7 JFW
Just caught up with your thread and I'm really pleased I have.

What a brilliant read. It's so, so rare to find a thread where an individual modification is purchased, properly installed and feedback is given relating to not just that part, but the bi-product of that adjustment. Your car shows that a moderate, considered approach towards making changes gradually, in a number of places right across the car can produce a brilliant outcome.

I've struggled for inspirational on my S for a little while now, feeling that I didn't really appreciate the right direction to take it. What you've done is hone my questions down, help me realise what a brilliant road car the S is and get me to start driving it again - all be it I live in the UK, so it was wet.

I'm now going to remove some of the modifications I have and replace them with higher quality items. If anything the price of the modifications is less of an issue when the bi-product is an item that whilst it's after market, perfectly fits its application and has a tangible benefit. I think the engine bay changes you've made show just how good an S2000 bay can be without the need for a F/I setup.

Please continue to update your thread, share your experiences and document the evolution of your car - it's has independently re-inspired my passion for the car and propelled my in the right direction.

C-J
Glad it's useful!

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II