Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 03-27-2017, 07:18 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

My word. I want to be like you when I grow up.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:45 AM

Oh another thing man, keep us posted on the Toda pulley set. My only reservation with this kit is Toda's disclaimer about the battery. I run a little racing Shorai battery ATM. Do you think this would be an issue with the lighter pulley set and getting a charge on the alternator ?

My thoughts are that you will rev like an animal !
Old 03-27-2017, 11:10 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

since your car is in for paint - any thoughts of paint matching the hardtop?
Old 03-27-2017, 03:27 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisaltima
Oh another thing man, keep us posted on the Toda pulley set. My only reservation with this kit is Toda's disclaimer about the battery. I run a little racing Shorai battery ATM. Do you think this would be an issue with the lighter pulley set and getting a charge on the alternator ?

My thoughts are that you will rev like an animal !
Yeah I have the same battery so we'll see. I know Areen runs the pulleys on his car with a Shorai battery as well, as well as many ASM customer cars running lithium ion batteries with the pulleys. For those wondering, this is the warning Toda lists on their site:

"TODA Racing has done many checks and calculations for its light weight pulley kit so that the revised ratios allow the charging system to supply the basic amount of electricity required to run the engine under most conditions and charge the battery. But please understand that in worst case situations the battery may become drained."

As long as your electrical system is performing normally, I don't imagine there will be any issues.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by afzan
since your car is in for paint - any thoughts of paint matching the hardtop?
H*ck no. One of my favorite things about the S2000 is the way it's body sort of creates a "tub" around the soft top, and the look that creats. With a black hard top that look is retained.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:17 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Very nice! I'll bring it up since no one mentioned it just to get your thoughts. Any concern about the lack of a "harmonic dampener" in the crank pulley? Me personally, I don't think it's an issue, but some people swear your engine will self destruct and set itself on fire without one. FWIW, honda had an OEM crank pulley without a harmonic dampener in the CTR (for the EK I believe with a B motor).
Old 03-28-2017, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Yeah I have the same battery so we'll see. I know Areen runs the pulleys on his car with a Shorai battery as well, as well as many ASM customer cars running lithium ion batteries with the pulleys. For those wondering, this is the warning Toda lists on their site:

"TODA Racing has done many checks and calculations for its light weight pulley kit so that the revised ratios allow the charging system to supply the basic amount of electricity required to run the engine under most conditions and charge the battery. But please understand that in worst case situations the battery may become drained."

As long as your electrical system is performing normally, I don't imagine there will be any issues.
Sounds good, we will play it by ear.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Very nice! I'll bring it up since no one mentioned it just to get your thoughts. Any concern about the lack of a "harmonic dampener" in the crank pulley? Me personally, I don't think it's an issue, but some people swear your engine will self destruct and set itself on fire without one. FWIW, honda had an OEM crank pulley without a harmonic dampener in the CTR (for the EK I believe with a B motor).
Nah not really concerned about that. Never heard of any issues just speculation. And as you mentioned it is extremely similar to what Honda sold for the CTR one make car with their N1 crank pulley.

I have never seen an example of these on a stock internals F20C or F22C and that resulting in a failure. Or any failure really that seemed related to the TODA crank pulley.

More concerned about life of alternator and battery if anything.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:07 AM

Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

Awesomeness on the spare motor (i'm jealous)

Ive been gathering spare parts too - just got a spare set of OEM axles.

I think i've 70% convinced my accountant/financial planner that a spare motor makes sense for me to do. i've already created a spot for it in my garage...

Now I just need to come up with $5k and find a motor...
Old 03-29-2017, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you thought about getting F22C from Spoon instead?

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II