Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Pac Man goes Time Attacking

Old 04-10-2015, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pac Man goes Time Attacking

Welcome to this build thread S2ki name is Clem, this will be a build that is based on the theme Happy Car Happy Driver haha jk nah but really this is just a thread about building an S2000 as a dailyable socal time attack car. So originally I owned a miata that I used for dallying to school as well as attending some club time attack in the extremespeedtrackevents roadster cup/toudacup.

Pac Man goes Time Attacking-khpvkro.jpg
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-lmbhpqz.jpg

Then I came across maiham media's Arvou S2000 vid and I knew I had to get an s2k. Plus my miata at that point blew its heater core so there was no heater and winter was coming up so I was like eh Ima sell it!
So I sell the miata for 6k and found this tired S2k for 6k with 110,000 miles on it and I was like eh why not so I jumped on it. Now the story of why pac-man, is because it came with a mugen ss bumper but I decided to rock the trashy looking AP1 bumper for a while.
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-dd1ghqu.jpg
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-8lcyrrw.jpg
Old 04-10-2015, 01:25 PM

So the first most important mod that any trackday junkie gets are wheels and tires, and I have always had a heart set on getting some SSR Wheels, turns out SSR had a new line up of GTV series wheel, and I ordered a set of GTV02 from my buddy Cody C.
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-0sodo68.jpg
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-dja6tit.jpg

Next I buy the most common trackday tire which is the Hankook RS3 and go mount them.
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-gtrvahm.jpg

When mounted so little camber, and stock suspension Pac-Man looks like a total monster truck.
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-lb2wndl.jpg
Old 04-10-2015, 01:35 PM

So I go get the car fender rolled and aligned, but the damn front suspension could only get 0.3 front and 1.5 in the rear, so I decided f@#k it I'll track it like that and then get some camber joints later! Car looked the same after alignment LOL.
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-nbbkk2i.jpg
Old 04-10-2015, 01:39 PM

So with the makeshift alignment the car was ready for it's first trackday at Streets of Willow going counter clockwise. Going for its maiden canyon drive up Angeles Crest.
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-e29vyhx.jpg
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-qltiqtk.jpg
Old 04-10-2015, 01:47 PM

So the first trackday was a blast, I actually now have to be careful with the throttle unlike my miata where I don't brake and floor it everywhere. The car was def still rubbing with so little camber and stock suspension, but I still managed to squeeze a 1:28 which beats my old miata PR of 1:32.
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-mn3knrl.jpg
WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA M3......
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-aygkoj0.jpg
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-0deti3r.jpg
Old 04-10-2015, 02:02 PM

So I gained some new inspiration in the form of the Taga Works S2000 in that I will never go forced induction keeping pac-man na only. New goal is to become the USDM Taga works S2000 wakawakawaka...Pac Man goes Time Attacking-7frjo3q.jpg

During this period I installed some 75a durometer innovative motor mounts to the car and now it feels like a super taikyu racer. In addition I received some SSR Decals from More Japan and slapped them on The pac man is now ready for the Vtec Club
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-yvfdggu.jpg
Old 04-10-2015, 02:18 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

not a bad deal or that car. 6k is cheap.
is it a real mugen bumper??? Something looks off too me, maybe it is the center since its not black.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:21 PM

Now I attend my first Vtec Club event in the group n class at Streets of Willow, where the competition was super fierce. This time the track was going clockwise, and I managed to set a lap time of 1:28.4 LOL same as the CCW time I achieved last time. Haha so when I got to the podium I got third only to get cheated out of third because a built Acura Tsx got me haha! At least I put up a decent fight on the stock suspension and will return to do better at the next round
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-z04fmyb.jpg
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-t93mxpj.jpg

Heres a vid of the events of the day.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6QDlaI1rsQ[/media]
Old 04-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
not a bad deal or that car. 6k is cheap.
is it a real mugen bumper??? Something looks off too me, maybe it is the center since its not black.
Ah nah its fake haha Im just gonna use it till it falls off at button willow or something
Old 04-10-2015, 02:35 PM

So the next event was at Willow Springs Big Willow Track and with rotten luck it started raining! Still ended up being a good experience, but no podiums today haha ended up getting a time of 1:41 with the car still stock. At least its 4 seconds faster than my old miata time in the dry!\
Pac Man goes Time Attacking-xbxyjvy.jpg

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQwKcKq0Cms[/media]

Quick Reply: Pac Man goes Time Attacking