Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Grips silverstone build thread

Old 06-26-2018, 11:51 AM

Received 120 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Grips silverstone build thread

Current modifications:
Exterior:

Mugen Dry carbon hardtop
Oem side stakes
Amuse R1 front bumper
CR trunk
CR side markers
Voltex type 7
Mugen hood
black chrome S2000 badges
black chrome berlina black front/rear honda badges

Interior:
Ballade rollbar
CR soft top delete plug
Recaro pole position x2
PCI adjustable seat rails
schroth clubman harness
circuit hero steering hub
nsx-r horn button
momo mod78 330mm
soft top delete

Wheels/suspension/brakes:
Volk CE28n 17x9 +45
Bridgestone RE71rs 255/40/17
kics kyokugen lug nuts
HKS Hipermax SP coiloversProject
Renegade motorsports front/rear big brake kit

Engine:
ballade zdx throttle body w/ P2R adapter
ballade intake arm
ballade TCT
rdx injectors
Mugen intake
Jiajun/garage whifbitz titanium header
Jiajun 75mm titanium exhaust
renegade catch can
renegade coolant overflow
Spoon engine mount kit
hondata flashpro w/ xperformance tune

Transmission:
ACT flywheel
ACT pressure plate
OEM clutch disc
Spoon trans mount
Science of speed clutch line

Accessories:
Renegade titanium battery tie down
chasing js titanium battery mount rods
g-development bolts as dressup bolts for the engine bay

How it sits curently:

well after being on here for just over 2 years I figured I i might as well do a build thread. First came here from the mazdaspeed world after 5 years of ownership i lost my car in a accident on 12/19/2016. Car made just under 400whp and a built motor and gtx3071r so i figured it was time for something slower lol.

While driving around annapolis at 8:45 i spotted a s2000 sitting in a subaru sales lot so i figured why not check it out and 15 minutes after they closed i drove home in 07 silverstone ap2 with 20k miles. They were mad they had to stay late but i didn really care i wasnt leaving without the car lol.

That was in january 2016 and 4 months later insert first mod js 70 rs and a 70mm test pipe

then may 2016 ballade spec bc coilovers and an axialflow shifter

then june 2016 scored a used set of enkei pf01ss 17x9 +60 that were black..but powdercoated metallic orange

and one month later a ballade header, snorkel, and a zdx throttle body

fast forward to september bought a ballade rollbar and coated it to match my wheels as well as pick up a forbidden carbon painted hardtop

and then installed it

..and now were in october 2016 i had sold my hardtop and ordered an oem painted front lip and apr wing and to my luck they were delivered on the same day..awesome.

and same month went to get tuned using flashpro. car made 226whp tq i forget

When i got tuned it was using a evs 70ssp catback. In december 2016 i sold the evasive exhaust and scored a titanium exhaust

Fast forward to january 2017 i acquired the renegade short shifter, circuit hero hub and a momo tuner wheel

Whats next? more fast forwarding lol march 2017 rep voltex bumper and anointed aero apr gtc200 wing stands

now we jump to june 2017 i did some more things like a skunk2 ultra f series manifold. Many have said that this will do nothing for the f motor but i wanted to see for myself and made another 12 hp at 8500 with gains starting at 4700

now from june 2017 till about october i had a shop i was with talk me into a kraftwerks supercharger with sweet deals. Unfortunately it was a sloppy mess and the kit was sold after about 100ish miles and 3 break downs. These are the only pictures i have between that time lol i also got renegade to make me some endplates and got another carbon hardtop.

now were at the end of october 2017 and i have sold the carbon oem style top, voltex rep bumper and supercharger and bought a recaro pole position

and now were cathcing up this year march 2018 installed my schroth clubman harness and other recaro pieces

and finally getting to the track in april 2018. I really wanted to track all of summer of 2017 but i let someone talk me into something and that ruined my plans..oh well. I dont have the pictures anymore but on my way home from the track a VA state police officer rear ended me on the highway making an unsafe lane change. protec and swerve. but insurance took care of all that.

And now here we are in june 2018.i scored some used weds tc105n 17x9 +49 and i recieved my cwest v2 front and rear bumper had them painted and put em on as well as have an intake arm made so i can use my stock airbox again as well as the addition of renegade coolant overflow and catch can

and the most recent piece last week i got an oem nsx r horn ring and a n.o.s honda momo horn button

Last edited by Grip_Skiddly; 01-30-2023 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 11:34 AM

Had some work done this week. Just picked my car up from "the nsx whisperer" from doing a clutch change. went from a stage 3 action 6 puck to the act/oem combo with flywheel and added a sos clutch line. Im loving the pedal feel now! Had the worst pedal feel with the action which the mechanic found to be another botched install like my supercharger was. Good help is hard to find apparently lol.
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (12-04-2020)
Old 06-30-2018, 08:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice build keep it going. looks like your having fun with the car. enjoy and keep posting updates.
The following users liked this post:
Grip_Skiddly (07-02-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 10:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow nice build up!! Enjoyed so much haha

Just have question about the your js racing 70rs.

Does it touching or rubbing underbody? (since 06+ have slightly different underbody compare to 00-05)

And what brand/size of hfc or tp are you running?

Thank you.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Yellow&DK
Wow nice build up!! Enjoyed so much haha

Just have question about the your js racing 70rs.

Does it touching or rubbing underbody? (since 06+ have slightly different underbody compare to 00-05)

And what brand/size of hfc or tp are you running?

Thank you.
yea it did rest against the underbody in 2 different spots. i didnt feel like cutting up the exhaust or hammering in my floor so i sold it and thats when i got the evs 70ssp and as for the testpipe lol its an ebay 70mm i think i paid 70 dollars for lol
Old 07-02-2018, 02:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Grip_Skiddly
yea it did rest against the underbody in 2 different spots. i didnt feel like cutting up the exhaust or hammering in my floor so i sold it and thats when i got the evs 70ssp and as for the testpipe lol its an ebay 70mm i think i paid 70 dollars for lol
Oh I see haha yea I had many trouble with my jdm exhausts so.
Thanks for the reply! Keep up the great works!
Old 07-19-2018, 01:29 PM

Just got home from inlinepro with a new tune on the car..very much pleased. Went back to the stock intake manifold, sold the 70mm ti catback for a hks 75mm single, and went back to hondata.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:02 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Any reason you went for the OEM intake manifold over the Skunk 2 one?
Old 07-19-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by JamesD89
Any reason you went for the OEM intake manifold over the Skunk 2 one?
the skunk2 manifold is really meant for boost lol..was done on a whim lol
Old 08-24-2018, 03:13 PM

update on the build ive decided to go full cwest and do a tribute build to an old jgtc car. Went looking for a cwest wing and scored one off yahoo auctions japan. Its a Cwest GTwing 2 with a 62" span. also scored some stands from upgarage but they arent tall enough so im going to get some made a little taller wing a little more angle.

Quick Reply: Grips silverstone build thread